Silsbee Vs Wimberley

Who That

57 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, that's the good problem that Silsbee has.  You have a beasts.. With different style s.  Whichever one gets it going first, ride that horse.

I have always thought that Taylor has that extra gear over the other two. No offense to them, they are good backs, but Taylor is the top.

3 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

It wasn't 5 TD's, it was 4 TD's and 2 field goals and one very exciting and unusual looking 2 point conversion to tie the game with only a few minutes left.

It was a strange 4th quarter.  You kind of had to be there. WOS seemed to be in control with a 28 - 17 lead going into the 4th and then the wheels just came off.  Big plays, unlikely plays, a 48 yard field goal, a fake punt that shouldn't have worked, a lateral option pass that shouldn't have worked.  A Tiger defense that had been porous all night suddenly stiffened into a brick wall.  It was just one of those things.   Fate took a hand.

I was there, doesn’t change my thinking, a good defense does not give up 35 points. Sorry, don’t mean to hurt any feelings and no reference to anything other than what I believe.

16 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

It wasn't 5 TD's, it was 4 TD's and 2 field goals and one very exciting and unusual looking 2 point conversion to tie the game with only a few minutes left.

It was a strange 4th quarter.  You kind of had to be there. WOS seemed to be in control with a 28 - 17 lead going into the 4th and then the wheels just came off.  Big plays, unlikely plays, a 48 yard field goal, a fake punt that shouldn't have worked, a lateral option pass that shouldn't have worked.  A Tiger defense that had been porous all night suddenly stiffened into a brick wall.  It was just one of those things.   Fate took a hand.

Good summary. I agree. Everything that had to go their way DID go their way in the 4th quarter. Amazing chain of events. It was the most improbable way to win, but it happened.

12 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I think Taylor and Martin will get going next game. Wimberly is soild but I dont see them being a solid as Cuero last year. 

No doubt about that. Wimberley has the big play passing potential that Cuero didn't have, but Wimberley does NOT have as good a defense nor a superstar do everything player like Whittington (but no one does this season). Silsbee looks to be peaking now even with a few injured players. Silsbee...this is your chance. Many great teams and programs never get this far. It's so hard to get here. Make the most of it. You can beat Wimberley. You won't see a defense equal to WO-S the rest of the way. WO-S fans will be rooting for you. I'll be sitting on your side Friday night. Go out there and take it. 

36 minutes ago, griff said:

Good summary. I agree. Everything that had to go their way DID go their way in the 4th quarter. Amazing chain of events. It was the most improbable way to win, but it happened.

That's a good way to summarize it, Griff. I watched the replay on TL last night just to hear Stelly's take on what happened. I just kept thinking "the miracle on I 10" is what I'm gonna call this. I remember sitting in the stands thinking the game was over going into the 4th, up 28-17 and Silsbee having to punt. What unfolded after, the plays Silsbee pulled off, are just unbelievable. The perfect passes thrown by kids who dont throw passes. The unlikely calls that went they're way and I'm still trying to figure out how Martin caught that 2 point conversion. Still hard to fathom that 4th qtr. Anyway, we got everyone back next year... this loss will burn through the offseason.

19 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Do they still have the coach from the championship year?

Yes, same guy. 

I saw where some folks werent sure about their history and semi final games with WOS. Wimberley also won state in 2005. That was the yr they beat WOS in the semis. They beat Coldspring in 2011 when they won it. WOS beat them in the semis in 2017.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Those O-line splits are like Texas Tech back when Mike Leach was there.

Yep and it was hard to touch their QB. I watched the Fredericksburg game and I dont know how much speed they have played this year. They are 11-3 so someone has figured out how to get thru those splits. I think 9-4 has played alot better appointments than 11-3. That was a impressive win vs Narvarro who runs the slot-T and getting payback like Silsbee over WOS.