Silsbee 35 West Orange-Stark 28/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO STATE SEMIFINALS!!!

WOSgrad

32 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

That would be like saying Cartwright is the best wr to ever have at Silsbee because he got further than Mackey or Barnes. Ludacris. 

Horrible analogy...  Cartwright is a senior and only started this year...

Foster has pretty much started at his position 2 year.  Next year will be 3.  He made it to the Simi's last year.  Legitimately can win a title this year since he's at the same point.  Mind you, we event even mentioned next year.  

3 minutes ago, KB24 said:

And..... like we hear yours as well. Yours are no more of any value as the next. So carry on....

I can back my opinions on valid and credible reasons, not need off of hate and biased feelings...  some cannot based on routine posts after Silsbee losses or bad games by kids ahead of your guy... So you carry on.  You've been doing all year, so....  Keep doing it until they capture this state title....

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I can back my opinions on valid and credible reasons, not need off of hate and biased feelings...  some cannot based on routine posts after Silsbee losses or bad games by kids ahead of your guy... So you carry on.  You've been doing all year, so....  Keep doing it until they capture this state title....

LMBO. I have no guy. Keep praying for that state title. I wish Silsbee the best. And stats speak for themselves. 

22 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I just seen on Facebook  where ex Silsbee QB Dontre Thomas coined Silbee's current QB Raymond 'CJ' Foster as one of the top 5 Silsbee QBs of all time.  One Altime Silsbee great passing the torch to another.  Great respect. 

I’ve seen 3 silsbee people disagree with this so far on here. People who I’m sure are much older than Dontre. Let’s not get caught up in the hype of the moment. I’ve only been following silsbee fairly closely for about 4 years and I can name 4 that i would put before him. But I’m not saying he isn’t good, so please don’t take it that way either.

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

I’ve seen 3 silsbee people disagree with this so far on here. People who I’m sure are much older than Dontre. Let’s not get caught up in the hype of the moment. I’ve only been following silsbee fairly closely for about 4 years and I can name 4 that i would put before him. But I’m not saying he isn’t good, so please don’t take it that way either.

Ey, I'm just the messenger...  And IMO, great sign of respect from a Silsbee great according to most..  And a very respectable young man IMO...

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ey, I'm just the messenger...  And IMO, great sign of respect from a Silsbee great according to most..  And a very respectable young man IMO...

I’ve heard the same about dontre, but i just think he’s a little too young to be making that kind of statement. Now, if he would have said “top 5 in my lifetime” then he may have a valid argument 

First Silsbee QB I remember watching was Mathews. Seemed like we only ran 3 plays on offense back then.

Foster is good for Silsbee, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best because of how far Silsbee has made it in the playoffs these past two years.

Lets face it. Region 2 has been pretty weak these past few years. Outside of a first half scare against Giddings, Silsbee has had little resistance until the WO-S game in these playoffs.

There's been Silsbee teams of the past that would mop the floor with these Tigers who couldn't make it past the second round.

2 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

First Silsbee QB I remember watching was Mathews. Seemed like we only ran 3 plays on offense back then.

Foster is good for Silsbee, but I wouldn't consider him one of the best because of how far Silsbee has made it in the playoffs these past two years.

Lets face it. Region 2 has been pretty weak these past few years. Outside of a first half scare against Giddings, Silsbee has had little resistance until the WO-S game in these playoffs.

There's been Silsbee teams of the past that would mop the floor with these Tigers who couldn't make it past the second round.

You play with the cards your dealt.  Silver didn't choose their district or Region, just like the Silsbee teams of the past didn't choose their district or regions.. It's about results in the grand scheme.  You'd have to face a team like WO-S at some point...  Earlier or later round, just like Silsbee has to face there Carthage teams early.

Just a few quick stats:

Silsbee                                            WOS

Passing

R. Foster        4-11-85-0-1             J. Terrell   13-26-160-0-2

S. Gilder         1-1-46-0-0

D. Gonzalez   1-1-27-0-0

Rushing

D. Taylor     23-145 2TD               E. Gales    22-157  TD

C. Martin      9-22 TD                    J. Terrell     7-17  3TD

R. Foster      4-(-4) TD                   J. Chane    4-6

A. Arline      2-8                             A. Thomas  2-(-3)

Receiving

K. Cartwright  3-79                      J. Thompson  4-63

C. Martin         2-50                      A. Thomas      4-46

R. Hatton         1-22                     J. Brown          3-33

S. Gilder           1-12                     E. Gales            1-12

P. Mickey          1-6

In my opinion this is the biggest win in school history.  Bigger than last year and even a little bigger than 77.  It was the most remarkable 4th quarter I've ever seen in football any time at any level.  It was a combination of good decisions, execution, and a heaping helping of good fortune.  And the icing on the cake was the never quit quality of the opposition.  WOS is of course a remarkable program and their drive from their own 20 something, with only 1:30 left and no timeouts to deep in Silsbee territory speaks volumes about the character of that team.

And my player of the game in the biggest game in school history was Diego Gonzalez.  The kicker.  He should be yours to if you really think it through.  The Tigers couldn't have won without his 4 extra points and field goals of 30 and 48.  That's 10 indispensable points.  And, the Tigers also probably wouldn't have won had he not gotten that zany pass out to Cartwright on the fake punt attempt for a first down on the drive that led to his 48 yard field goal.  It's easy to predict that Diego will become just as indispensable at some point in the next two games.

It's call FOOTball for a reason.

18 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

In my opinion this is the biggest win in school history.  Bigger than last year and even a little bigger than 77.  It was the most remarkable 4th quarter I've ever seen in football any time at any level.  It was a combination of good decisions, execution, and a heaping helping of good fortune.  And the icing on the cake was the never quit quality of the opposition.  WOS is of course a remarkable program and their drive from their own 20 something, with only 1:30 left and no timeouts to deep in Silsbee territory speaks volumes about the character of that team.

And my player of the game in the biggest game in school history was Diego Gonzalez.  The kicker.  He should be yours to if you really think it through.  The Tigers couldn't have won without his 4 extra points and field goals of 30 and 48.  That's 10 indispensable points.  And, the Tigers also probably wouldn't have won had he not gotten that zany pass out to Cartwright on the fake punt attempt for a first down on the drive that led to his 48 yard field goal.  It's easy to predict that Diego will become just as indispensable at some point in the next two games.

He only had 3 extra points. We went for 2 on one of the 4 TD's.

18 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Ridiculous that Diego will be back.  If Silsbee wins this title, he may become the most well remembered Tiger.

45 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

As a Mustang fan I have to say unbelievable....but also true.