Silsbee 35 West Orange-Stark 28/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO STATE SEMIFINALS!!!

WOSgrad

Just now, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee stopped WOS on 3rd down 3 or 4 times and a big 3th down earlier. I see why Coach Thompson punted in the 4th. 

Yeah but silsbee had all the momentum and everyone knew when they punted on 4th and inches that they weren’t gonna stop silsbee. I can see why the mustang faithful are aggravated. Of course the fact that the punt got tipped didn’t help either lol

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee was a MASH unit on the defensive side of the ball. Already down 4 starters on that side (more like 4 Stars), Tigers lost two more (Stars) during the game. There were 3-4 players on the D-Line that had seen very limited action all season. It was definitely a "next man up" situation for Silsbee.

Also props to freshman ILB Jayron Williams. He got his first start last night (due to some of those injuries) and he showed out!! Great game!

Yea, didn't look good for Roundtree...

And that freshman balled out last week too.  You can't beat playoff experience...

You know if Wo-s would have went for it on 4th and inches and didn’t make it then people would have said they were stupid for going for it with wo-s defense it was a good thing to punt their defense just didn’t get the job done but both teams deserve to win unfortunately only 1 team can Silsbee made more plays than WO-S much respect for the Mustangs and Good Luck to Silsbee.

I have a question, 2 plays didn’t really matter in the end,  but the ball we recovered in the first quarter  and the fumbled kick off in the second.  Were they the correct calls.  I had a bad angle on the first one and the second looked like he was down but I will be the first to admit my eyesight isn’t the greatest anymore.

1 minute ago, ST413 said:

I have a question, 2 plays didn’t really matter in the end,  but the ball we recovered in the first quarter  and the fumbled kick off in the second.  Were they the correct calls.  I had a bad angle on the first one and the second looked like he was down but I will be the first to admit my eyesight isn’t the greatest anymore.

That fumble on the kickoff shouldn't have been a fumble.  #11 for Silsbee ran, and slid (like a QB does), then guys tackled him, then the ball came out.  He should've been considered down once his knees hit the ground.  

3 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Now, I did have a bad angle on that WO-S fumble with the pass in the flat

It looked like an incomplete pass to me, but they called it a fumble and Silsbee ball...

Well, that loss last night still stings pretty dang bad. It does make it better knowing we didn’t lose to an inferior team. Awesome season young Mustangs, keep your heads up! Lots of young talent on that team!! Congrats to Silsbee, y’all pulled it off again. Now I’m going to jump on the Tiger bandwagon if you Silsbee faithful will let me, lol,  and follow y’all all the way to Dallas! 

11 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Thanks for the vote wos#1 but this idiot is strictly amateur hour. He'd be better off jumping in a lion's den wearing s pork chop vest than squaring off with me, but we all know that don't we?

Squaring off... Lions den.... Great food... Your greatness... GRRRRR!!!! Such fear! Lol

Lighten up princess. It was an inside joke. 

Congratulations Tigers! 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Wow!!! The upper deck on Silsbee side had plenty of room it seems. Never saw WOS side. 

WO-S bottom level was full.  The top level has 4 sections.  2 sections was all the way full.  The 2 sections right below the press box was half full.  I couldn't see Silsbee's top level...

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

WO-S bottom level was full.  The top level has 4 sections.  2 sections was all the way full.  The 2 sections right below the press box was half full.  I couldn't see Silsbee's top level...

Great outing for everyone that went. You got a chance to see the 2 best 4A D2 teams in the region local for $10. I think Silsbee has 2 more wins in them.