Silsbee 35 West Orange-Stark 28/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO STATE SEMIFINALS!!!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I didn't understand some of the offensive playcalling man. Sad thing is on 4th and inches late the kids were begging to go for it and they punted. Unbelievable. 

I'll never understand that. Coaching not the lose.i thought the whole 4th qtr they were out coached.this conservative thing has to stop.were in a age u have to score to win.really there isn't any shut down defense on any level.playoffs u have to pull out all stops. If anyone ever paid attention that w.o punter isn't gud at all.and everyone knows that.that's why I'll never understand the coach decision to punt.4th and inches.

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I attended this game and on paper, WO-S had all the pieces to cause Silsbee all kinds of trouble.  Gales is a man.  #4  and #7 are speed demons.  The QB wasn't bad.  Late in this game, I don't know if you wan to say Silsbee played lights out or WO-S regressed, but it looked like a little of both.  Almost to the point where WO-S played too conservative when up late by 2 scores.  You have to keep the foot on the gas and put a team away.  2 wide open dropped passes hurt, but Silsbee had their problems, especially the Thrown INT and the fumble on the kickoff.  The Moment the Silsbee kid kicked that 48 yard FG, the whole momentum changed, and something shouldn't been done about it ,but it wasn't.  

Hell of a Game, Stangs.  Lots of good looking kids and I know a lot of them will be back.  Silsbee, live it up this weekend, but Mondy, it's all business again. The goal is the Title and we can't let What Cuero do what they did last year.  Couple of things I Noticed though:

1.  WO-S fans were leaving mid 4th quarter.  What's up with that?

2. There was tons of fans there, but still ample amount of room on the top levels of both sides.

3. Coach Smith outcoached Coach T in the 4th quarter.

4. Silsbee's three headed monster didn't disappoint.  

5.  Thanks, @RaiderGirl2010 for the great seats.

6. Why did WO-S go away from the short comeback routs?  Silsbee was playing 15 yards off.

7.  The fake punt was a thing of beauty.

8. Shout out to the WO-S and Silsbee players for keeping their cool after the spell there where the officials was letting the game get out of control.  There was 2 personal fouls, but couldn't gotten ugly.

9. I hope all the players that went down tonight are doing fine.  One of those injuries didn't look good.

10. "Congrats, young man." "Yes sir, Thank you, but we're not done yet!" - Dralyn Taylor

In bold: he singlehandedly took over the game. Humble kid he is. (not the city)

Just now, dj said:

I'll never understand that. Coaching not the lose.i thought the whole 4th qtr they were out coached.this conservative thing has to stop.were in a age u have to score to win.really there isn't any shut down defense on any level.playoffs u have to pull out all stops. If anyone ever paid attention that w.o punter isn't gud at all.and everyone knows that.that's why I'll never understand the coach decision to punt.4th and inches.

They picked up inches to get into the endzone earlier before that situation that's why i didn't understand it. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They picked up inches to get into the endzone earlier before that situation that's why i didn't understand it. 

Absolutely correct. I can't understand the coaching decisions.especially when starting rb  had to play both ways.and not only that 4th and 18.after a timeout in which everyone could see that chris Martin was on the field on punt coverage. A bulb should've went off.u had a dline trying to hold him.really.

It's simple to explain, destiny took a hand?  

The next two weeks will confirm that one way or another.

One thing I know for sure, it was the zaniest 4th quarter I've ever seen.  Even though the deficit was never more than 11 the comeback seemed bigger, almost epic.  A season full of unlikely plays in one quarter.

7 hours ago, griff said:

The 48 yd FG, the fake punt, and the WR pass...they converted all three. If any one of those fails, WOS wins. On the fake punt, they shifted two WRs to the strong side, we moved over to cover, and they threw to the other side where the player was uncovered. On the WR pass, the receiver was covered well, but made a good catch in traffic. They made the plays they HAD to make. All of them. The 48 yarder was the biggest play of the game. I don't know if any team has ever  scored 18 points on WOS in the 4th Q. Congratulations Silsbee. 

Agreed, Silsbee fans need to thank the Football Gods for some of the plays the kids were able to make to pull this game out. A lot things had to go right to get that win. I don’t know if I’d be saying I told you so.....Blah Blah Blah. Great ball game! Good luck Silsbee!

This is the kind of game that players and fans will talk about thr rest of their life. It has been rare for Silsbee to beat WOS, but maybe things are turning around. Silsbee made 3 amazing plays in that 4th qtr including a freaking 48 yard field goal. I can remember one year Silsbee barely had a kicker....WOW!!! Go beat Wimberly Tigers!!! Celebrate this weekend but on to the next round Monday. Great season WOS!!! #41 runs like a grown ass man!!

24 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

This is the kind of game that players and fans will talk about thr rest of their life. It has been rare for Silsbee to beat WOS, but maybe things are turning around. Silsbee made 3 amazing plays in that 4th qtr including a freaking 48 yard field goal. I can remember one year Silsbee barely had a kicker....WOW!!! Go beat Wimberly Tigers!!! Celebrate this weekend but on to the next round Monday. Great season WOS!!! #41 runs like a grown ass man!!

First time I have ever seen a high school kicker kick a 48 yard field goal in a live game! Especially in those circumstances. That kid has a leg! I am sure he’ll be kicking at the next level.

55 minutes ago, Realville said:

Agreed, Silsbee fans need to thank the Football Gods for some of the plays the kids were able to make to pull this game out. A lot things had to go right to get that win. I don’t know if I’d be saying I told you so.....Blah Blah Blah. Great ball game! Good luck Silsbee!

...I called a Silsbee win by a score.  Matter if fact, on social media, I called it by 7.  You  see, it was big plays by kids and also gutsy  playcalling by coaches late in that game.  I'm not buying that football gods stuff here...

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

First time I have ever seen a high school kicker kick a 48 yard field goal in a live game! Especially in those circumstances. That kid has a leg! I am sure he’ll be kicking at the next level.

There was a kicker  from Dayton a few years ago with a foot like a mule that kicked those routinely.   Haven't seen anyone with a foot like that...  until now...

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...I called a Silsbee win by a score.  Matter if fact, on social media, I called it by 7.  You  see, it was big plays by kids and also gutsy  playcalling by coaches late in that game.  I'm not buying that football gods stuff here...

I agree. WOS was beat by a team that made the plays when it counted. The backhanded complements by some Mustang fans toward Silsbee is laughable.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was at the game. I am just telling you what I saw. Not taking away anything away from the Kids but if you ask the Silsbee Head Coach if he would love to be in the situation they were in last night and being forced to capitalize on the plays that got them back into the game I am pretty sure he would say no. I could care less what you predicted. I saw 2 evenly matched teams playing last night  and one team that was fortunate to pull that game out. If you couldn’t see that your fooling yourself. Happy for The Silsbee  kids being able to pull it out.

7 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

I agree. WOS was beat by a team that made the plays when it counted. The backhanded complements by some Mustang fans toward Silsbee is laughable.

I am not a fan of either team. I just Went to the game last night to see a good ballgame and that’s what I got. So you can check me of as a neutral fan. Happy for the Silsbee Kids.

9 hours ago, griff said:

The 48 yd FG, the fake punt, and the WR pass...they converted all three. If any one of those fails, WOS wins. On the fake punt, they shifted two WRs to the strong side, we moved over to cover, and they threw to the other side where the player was uncovered. On the WR pass, the receiver was covered well, but made a good catch in traffic. They made the plays they HAD to make. All of them. The 48 yarder was the biggest play of the game. I don't know if any team has ever  scored 18 points on WOS in the 4th Q. Congratulations Silsbee. 

I agree 100%. I thought the decision to kick the 48 FG was the biggest decision and play of the game. Swung the momentum. Huge kick!!!

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

I was at the game. I am just telling you what I saw. Not taking away anything away from the Kids but if you ask the Silsbee Head Coach if he would love to be in the situation they were in last night and being forced to capitalize on the plays that got them back into the game I am pretty sure he would say no. I could care less what you predicted. I saw 2 evenly matched teams playing last night  and one team that was fortunate to pull that game out. If you couldn’t see that your fooling yourself. Happy for The Silsbee  kids being able to pull it out.

I was there too and took it all in.  Like you said, we seen two great evenly matched teams.  I also seen hella plays and coaching late from the kids in white.  I guess it's  different viewpoints.   I respect your views though..

Silsbee was a MASH unit on the defensive side of the ball. Already down 4 starters on that side (more like 4 Stars), Tigers lost two more (Stars) during the game. There were 3-4 players on the D-Line that had seen very limited action all season. It was definitely a "next man up" situation for Silsbee.

Also props to freshman ILB Jayron Williams. He got his first start last night (due to some of those injuries) and he showed out!! Great game!

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I was there too and took it all in.  Like you said, we seen two great evenly matched teams.  I also seen hella plays and coaching late from the kids in white.  I guess it's  different viewpoints.   I respect your views though..

The only plays that he has a point on is the fake punt where the wos player fell down and receiver was wide open, and the two point conversion that was tipped up and fell right into Martin’s hands. But the “football gods” didn’t hold wos scoreless down the stretch. And the “football gods” didn’t decide to punt on a 4th and 2 inches lol

Heck, if you wanna look at it that way, then the football gods gave wos a chance at the end to tie it up. Got the ball all the way to the 30 yard line.