Silsbee 35 West Orange-Stark 28/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO STATE SEMIFINALS!!!

WOSgrad

The 48 yd FG, the fake punt, and the WR pass...they converted all three. If any one of those fails, WOS wins. On the fake punt, they shifted two WRs to the strong side, we moved over to cover, and they threw to the other side where the player was uncovered. On the WR pass, the receiver was covered well, but made a good catch in traffic. They made the plays they HAD to make. All of them. The 48 yarder was the biggest play of the game. I don't know if any team has ever  scored 18 points on WOS in the 4th Q. Congratulations Silsbee. 

7 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Welp, one team coached and called plays like there was no tomorrow and the other side coached/called plays like their T levels dropped.....

#coachinglikeXbox

Silsbee pulled out all the stops and deserved to move on

I didn't understand some of the offensive playcalling man. Sad thing is on 4th and inches late the kids were begging to go for it and they punted. Unbelievable. 

21 minutes ago, griff said:

The 48 yd FG, the fake punt, and the WR pass...they converted all three. If any one of those fails, WOS wins. On the fake punt, they shifted two WRs to the strong side, we moved over to cover, and they threw to the other side where the player was uncovered. On the WR pass, the receiver was covered well, but made a good catch in traffic. They made the plays they HAD to make. All of them. The 48 yarder was the biggest play of the game. I don't know if any team has ever  scored 18 points on WOS in the 4th Q. Congratulations Silsbee. 

No in the past, wos has owned the 4 th quarter against us.  Be it conditioning, pressure whatever the case is.  But tonight the Tigers willed themselves back into the game and got the momentum and rode it thru to the end.  All joking aside it was a hell of a game.  I am glad it was played right here in SETX.  Great game great atmosphere.   Tigers made the big plays when we were down 28-17, it was at the point where in the past we would get down on ourselves and let it get away but not these guys they stood up and nade things happen.  I couldnt be more proud of them.

16 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

I agree that was a " do what?" moment for me too. But region 3 will be well represented.

He just watched Silsbee bang a 48yd field goal.  Stangs on their own 30..

He punted because we were actually successful on third & 4th down short yardage stops tonight...

He relied on defense stopping us and didn't risk it.  Safe call but hind sight is 20/20.

I attended this game and on paper, WO-S had all the pieces to cause Silsbee all kinds of trouble.  Gales is a man.  #4  and #7 are speed demons.  The QB wasn't bad.  Late in this game, I don't know if you wan to say Silsbee played lights out or WO-S regressed, but it looked like a little of both.  Almost to the point where WO-S played too conservative when up late by 2 scores.  You have to keep the foot on the gas and put a team away.  2 wide open dropped passes hurt, but Silsbee had their problems, especially the Thrown INT and the fumble on the kickoff.  The Moment the Silsbee kid kicked that 48 yard FG, the whole momentum changed, and something shouldn't been done about it ,but it wasn't.  

Hell of a Game, Stangs.  Lots of good looking kids and I know a lot of them will be back.  Silsbee, live it up this weekend, but Mondy, it's all business again. The goal is the Title and we can't let What Cuero do what they did last year.  Couple of things I Noticed though:

1.  WO-S fans were leaving mid 4th quarter.  What's up with that?

2. There was tons of fans there, but still ample amount of room on the top levels of both sides.

3. Coach Smith outcoached Coach T in the 4th quarter.

4. Silsbee's three headed monster didn't disappoint.  

5.  Thanks, @RaiderGirl2010 for the great seats.

6. Why did WO-S go away from the short comeback routs?  Silsbee was playing 15 yards off.

7.  The fake punt was a thing of beauty.

8. Shout out to the WO-S and Silsbee players for keeping their cool after the spell there where the officials was letting the game get out of control.  There was 2 personal fouls, but couldn't gotten ugly.

9. I hope all the players that went down tonight are doing fine.  One of those injuries didn't look good.

10. "Congrats, young man." "Yes sir, Thank you, but we're not done yet!" - Dralyn Taylor