Beaumont West Brook 76 Silsbee 62/FINAL

WOSgrad

52 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There was a Silsbee fan above that clearly said that that's the only reason, and a few others kinda fed off of that.  Also, I mentioned that WB hung tough with a Memorial team that clearly has the size advantage vs almost anyone in SETX, but no replies to that statement.  

Bottom line is besides Bray, this current team just isn't that good and West Brook is athletic and scrappy as heck.  They  (Silsbee) will be a lot better once K'Drain and Chris gets back though...

The biggest reason Silsbee lost this game was because they got killed on the boards. I am willing to bet West Brook out rebounded Silsbee by more than 25 rebounds. West Brook's size inside (not the guard play) was pretty dominant for the shorter Tigers. Bruins got many second and third chance points because of their offensive rebounding.

Also, outside of Bush, no other player can shoot. Several missed threes by other Silsbee players.

Silsbee's pressure defense did a good job last night. Just didn't have enough size to combat the bigger Bruins inside.

West Brook is a good team, deserved to win for sure. Their blow out win over H-J impressed me.

With Jones coming back next week and then add the football players later, Silsbee's rebounding problem will get better.

Current Silsbee roster list three players at 6`1. After that they have one or two kids listed at an even 6 feet tall.

They can at least hope to be a medium sized team after football is over. Besides Jones, who looked like a giant standing next to the other Tigers for the national anthem last night.

42 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I see Texas Basketball magazine had Silsbee 3rd in district 🤔

That's interesting because the TABC poll has them at No. 8 in the state and no other team in the district is in the top 20.   I have a feeling they are both wrong.  Silsbee will certainly be no worse than 2nd in district and there are probably some teams ranked lower that are better.

AFter all, a good number of the comments over on the Silsbee vs WOS football thread have the Silsbee kids ready to play basketball as soon as next week.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

The biggest reason Silsbee lost this game was because they got killed on the boards. I am willing to bet West Brook out rebounded Silsbee by more than 25 rebounds. West Brook's size inside (not the guard play) was pretty dominant for the shorter Tigers. Bruins got many second and third chance points because of their offensive rebounding.

Also, outside of Bush, no other player can shoot. Several missed threes by other Silsbee players.

Silsbee's pressure defense did a good job last night. Just didn't have enough size to combat the bigger Bruins inside.

West Brook is a good team, deserved to win for sure. Their blow out win over H-J impressed me.

With Jones coming back next week and then add the football players later, Silsbee's rebounding problem will get better.

I believe Jones is cleared to play but I believe he will be in a limited minutes roll for Tuesday against United if any minutes...