1A – 5A FOOTBALL DIVISION I AND DIVISION II NUMBERS

HasBeen36

40 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

May I ask why you think this?

LCM and Lumberton both went 2 rounds deep, Carthage is going down, Reg 3 Div 1 is kinda open in my eyes. Vidor hung tough in 5A, they are going to a lot less competitive district, the writing is on the wall is for them to be very competitive and excel greatly at the 4A level. But that’s my honest opinion, 

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

So our local 5A-D1 should consist of...

Baytown Sterling

Beaumont United

Goose Creek Memorial

Port Arthur Memorial

and probably 4 more teams.

What about:

New Caney, Porter, Caney Creek, Cleveland, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Lufkin, United, PAM.

Would be a nine team district with quite a bit of travel.

39 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

What about:

New Caney, Porter, Caney Creek, Cleveland, Magnolia, Magnolia West, Lufkin, United, PAM.

Would be a nine team district with quite a bit of travel.

So where are you going to put the 2, possibly 3 Baytown schools (if Lee opts up)?  I really don't care what teams are in the district, just as long as it's not more than 8.

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

All will take another loss to WOS, Jasper, and Silsbee 😂

Beats the heck out of getting beat by way bigger, but yet sorry for their size schools.

I’d much rather match up with district rivals like you guys, HJ, OF, HF, WOS, etc.... than to square up with Navasota, Cleveland, Huffman, Splendora, or Livingston. Hopefully we can still get in with LiCk’eM in non district.  

I heard that Jasper is opting up to avoid being placed in district with Silsbee. 

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Beats the heck out of getting beat by way bigger, but yet sorry for their size schools.

I’d much rather match up with district rivals like you guys, HJ, OF, HF, WOS, etc.... than to square up with Navasota, Cleveland, Huffman, Splendora, or Livingston. Hopefully we can still get in with LiCk’eM in non district.  

I heard that Jasper is opting up to avoid being placed in district with Silsbee

👀👀👀

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I heard that Jasper is opting up to avoid being placed in district with Silsbee. 

I agree. I think it's better to have BC in the district.

40 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

So where are you going to put the 2, possibly 3 Baytown schools (if Lee opts up)?  I really don't care what teams are in the district, just as long as it's not more than 8.

Milby, Waltrip, and Wisdom all have 5A 1 numbers. I’m wondering about Waller though. They are west along with Paetow.

13 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

A college lol

Pretty much.

Back in 80's I had kinfolk who graduated from Plano High. They only had the one school back then. The senior class was over 1300 so they had graduation on two different nights. A thru M on one night, N thru Z on next night. Crazy!

23 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Both Carthage and Celina are dropping down to D2.

Liberty Hill is moving up to 5A. I guess 4AD1 will belong to La Vega now.

Allen right at 7,000 kids is crazy. What does a high school that size even look like.

I looked at some pics and videos of the school.  Look, they're right.  Looks like a small college.  Many Baseball fields (like 8), like 3 football stadiums, state of the art main stadium, state of the art school,  indoor practice facilities, ect.  Crazy to say it's a high school...

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Pretty much.

Back in 80's I had kinfolk who graduated from Plano High. They only had the one school back then. The senior class was over 1300 so they had graduation on two different nights. A thru M on one night, N thru Z on next night. Crazy!

That would be  a nightmare.. and I thought Lumberton’s took forever lol

2 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

So it's might look like this for 4a d2 region 3

West Orange Stark

Bridge City 

Jasper

HJ

Hamshire fanntt

Silsbee

Orangefield

No way all in one district. 92 teams in 4A D2/ 16 districts makes it an average of 5.75 teams per district. Mostly 5 team districts with a few 6 team districts.