Good ol days of 23-4A

BADSANTA

Silsbee, West Orange Stark, Jasper, LCM, Lumberton, Nederland, Bridge City, and PA Lincoln I think. I remember in the early 90s when districts were 8 teams deep and 2 teams made the playoffs. Once PNG moved to 4A, I think Silsbee went to 20-4A with Dayton, Livngston, Cleveland, Lumberton, and Jasper. Great football back then as well. 

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee, West Orange Stark, Jasper, LCM, Lumberton, Nederland, Bridge City, and PA Lincoln I think. I remember in the early 90s when districts were 8 teams deep and 2 teams made the playoffs. Once PNG moved to 4A, I think Silsbee went to 20-4A with Dayton, Livngston, Cleveland, Lumberton, and Jasper. Great football back then as well. 

Better than this ol water down stuff now 

I agree, only 1st & 2nd Place teams should go to playoffs.  It makes the coaches & players give much more intensity to the quality of their performance & focus of each opportunity to play.  A few high quality teams, in tough districts, would not make the cut some years, but that all goes back to striving for that chance to be a playoff team.  Also, removes a lot of low win teams from getting a participant trophy in the playoffs. Oh well, just my opinion.  After all, opinions are like armpits, everybody has a couple, and most of them stink.:)

23 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

That was a fun district, man. Anyone could win on any given night except for Lumberton. They were still in the dark ages at that time and had a hard time beating anybody. I was disappointed when we and Silsbee got moved out to 20-4A. Liberty was in that new district too and they were a dang good team.