WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From everything I have been told, it's BISD Memorial Stadium in Beaumont.

If it is, then I am good with that. Just don't play it at Lamar University.

Lamar has a larger capacity? You just dont like the press box. I would hate to give my money to BISD. But if that's where they decide, I'll make my 1st trip over there.

What about day and time?

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Lamar has a larger capacity? You just dont like the press box. I would hate to give my money to BISD. But if that's where they decide, I'll make my 1st trip over there.

What about day and time?

Lamar is just not very hospitable towards high school games. Also they charge more.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lamar is just not very hospitable towards high school games. Also they charge more.

Understatement of the year, my partner in crime, they treat the high schools that play there like......well, current site rules prevent me from completing this sentence.

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What about day and time?

Capacity of Beaumont ISD is 10,600.  Should be plenty to house the crowd.

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What about day and time?

What's the problem with that?  BISD has hosted many playoff games including WO-S and other local teams with no issues, plenty of parking, plenty of room, easy access, ect.  

18 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

What about day and time?

...and I would feel good keeping that money here locally instead of going to that Houston area...

Just an example of Lamar being a host:

Vidor vs. Crosby several years ago.

Vidor was the home team and filled the home side to capacity. 8,000 strong. Crosby had around 4-5000 on the visitor side. Lamar thought having one concession stand with two workers on each side was sufficient for a lowly little high school playoff game. Also, only one gate taking tickets with just one attendee. Also very little security on site.

Needless to say, there were extremely long lines and lot's of folks missed a good part of the game.

Lamar just doesn't care about hosting high school playoff games and it shows.

58 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Understatement of the year, my partner in crime, they treat the high schools that play there like......well, current site rules prevent me from completing this sentence.

And that is a nutria rat shame. You would think that they would be more supportive of local teams. Probably bitter cuz some of them would beat the Cardinals.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What's the problem with that?  BISD has hosted many playoff games including WO-S and other local teams with no issues, plenty of parking, plenty of room, easy access, ect.  

The Butch used to be home of Nederland’s first round game.. never a problem, easy access in and out, concession stand was fast, BISD always took great care of Nederland. So I don’t see that guys problem with it...

Just now, navydawg31 said:

The Butch used to be home of Nederland’s first round game.. never a problem, easy access in and out, concession stand was fast, BISD always took great care of Nederland. So I don’t see that guys problem with it...

Exactly what I was saying.  Nederland and several other schools...

53 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just an example of Lamar being a host:

Vidor vs. Crosby several years ago.

Vidor was the home team and filled the home side to capacity. 8,000 strong. Crosby had around 4-5000 on the visitor side. Lamar thought having one concession stand with two workers on each side was sufficient for a lowly little high school playoff game. Also, only one gate taking tickets with just one attendee. Also very little security on site.

Needless to say, there were extremely long lines and lot's of folks missed a good part of the game.

Lamar just doesn't care about hosting high school playoff games and it shows.

Nederland vs Dayton wasn’t much better around the same time frame if not the very next day.... but maybe with a new a AD those kind of issues could be worked and better...