WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

14 minutes ago, BobcatDad said:

Obviously you haven't seen WOS

I saw them in October and they beat Silsbee by 8 and it was certainly no blowout.  I also saw Silsbee beat Giddings by 21, Giddings who had beat Bellville by 14.  By how much did WOS beat Bellville?  WOS is good and consistent but by no means overpowering.  And I think Silsbee has a little edge right now.  But like I said, you can't know what kind of Tiger team is going to show up and you CAN know what kind of Mustang team is going to show up.

3 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I saw them in October and they beat Silsbee by 8 and it was certainly no blowout.  I also saw Silsbee beat Giddings by 21, Giddings who had beat Bellville by 14.  By how much did WOS beat Bellville?  WOS is good and consistent but by no means overpowering.  And I think Silsbee has a little edge right now.  But like I said, you can't know what kind of Tiger team is going to show up and you CAN know what kind of Mustang team is going to show up.

You should know you can’t compare we beat them and they did this and yaddy yaddy...it’s about matchups 

7 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

You should know you can’t compare we beat them and they did this and yaddy yaddy...it’s about matchups 

I'm choosing to compare.  I think it's just as valid as matchups at this point in the season.  My contention is that the Tigers have come a little farther than the Mustangs.  The Mustangs won the first head to head.  That's substantial of course but Silsbee is a late bloomer.  They always have been.  I'm basing my estimation on 35 unanswered points against the Buffaloes who were having a pretty good night until the Tigers complete shut them down defensively and took off offensively outscoring Giddings 28 zip in the second half.  Did anything like that happen in the WOS - Bellville game?  

20 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I can promise you that Bellville was much improved from when they played Giddings at the beginning of District... 

2 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

I'm choosing to compare.  I think it's just as valid as matchups at this point in the season.  My contention is that the Tigers have come a little farther than the Mustangs.  The Mustangs won the first head to head.  That's substantial of course but Silsbee is a late bloomer.  They always have been.  I'm basing my estimation on 35 unanswered points against the Buffaloes who were having a pretty good night until the Tigers complete shut them down defensively and took off offensively outscoring Giddings 28 zip in the second half.  Did anything like that happen in the WOS - Bellville game?  

Bellville also played Giddings when they had their best player on the field .