WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

5 minutes ago, One4All said:

This game will pretty much be decided by halftime

No, it won't.  Anybody knows that in the recent games in this series, the WO-S/Silsbee games, regardless of which school came out on top and with very few exceptions, was decided by little more than 10 points.  Anyone is entitled to their opinions, but to say that one side or the other will be coasting in the 2nd half of this game, is a little outlandish.

For people to have this much confidence in WOS i must be missing something. The district both play in is cup cake besides the top 2 thats playing Friday. Both teams have pretty much blown everyone out since they last met besides Silsbee vs HF. HF played within a point of Silsbee last year and look at the results. Do I think Silsbee has to play a perfect game? No! Do I think we score more than the 9 points from the last game yes. I'm still rolling with 26-20 Silsbee. Also how many WOS kids play both sides of the ball?

20 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

For people to have this much confidence in WOS i must be missing something. The district both play in is cup cake besides the top 2 thats playing Friday. Both teams have pretty much blown everyone out since they last met besides Silsbee vs HF. HF played within a point of Silsbee last year and look at the results. Do I think Silsbee has to play a perfect game? No! Do I think we score more than the 9 points from the last game yes. I'm still rolling with 26-20 Silsbee. Also how many WOS kids play both sides of the ball?

Not many .a couple plays defense.40,14,69. But they all rotate.one of the benefits they have this year.and that's helps alot. And to bring up debt ppl didn't realize one of there better players didn't play last Friday.this has become one of the deepest teams w.o has had on a long time.

27 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee is talented. But field position will be key.using the backs in space is a must. Bcz w.o will play man to man.to take away some of those easy throws.silsbee qb has to have a gud game in order for them to win.w.o defense is w.o defense.but will silsbee defense be able to slow them down ??Bcz they're better than they were the first time.ive watched both teams playoff games up to now.and I truly believe of the opponents we both played the last 3 weeks.is the kid from lagrange and the 2 backs from bellville.they just didn't have the team around them to really make some noise.great game come Friday night. 

The Bleacher coaches will complain, but youll see a lot of deep fades thrown by Silsbee. The key is to throw away from the safety, and make a catchable throw. Short outs, screens, and tight end routes dont work against their defense. And with as many guys as they have in the box, you can't protect long enough to throw slow developing crossing routes. As far as running the  ball, it's all about alignment, where does CT have the guy you cant block. When this is figured out you'll see the power work. Sweeps, bootleg , jet sweeps, don't work. It's a bigger chess game than people realize. QB has got to be good, and receivers have to make plays. The fact that these coaches and teams are so familiar with each other, tells me this will be a close game. Turnovers and refs will probably decide this one, one way or the other.  

Around the 4A Div II ranks we've got the runner up in 6 playing the winner in 6, the runner up in 13 playing the winner of 13 and runner up in 10 playing the winner in 10.  Interesting.  

Only Region 1 pairs teams from different districts. 

So the thing about teams that are familiar with each other is playing out all around the state.  Rivalry games in the quarter finals.  

Wimberly and Navarro are playing in the Alamodome.  That's seems like a fun venue for HS football.  But no chance for the downpours Tigers like so much.

10 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

The Bleacher coaches will complain, but youll see a lot of deep fades thrown by Silsbee. The key is to throw away from the safety, and make a catchable throw. Short outs, screens, and tight end routes dont work against their defense. And with as many guys as they have in the box, you can't protect long enough to throw slow developing crossing routes. As far as running the  ball, it's all about alignment, where does CT have the guy you cant block. When this is figured out you'll see the power work. Sweeps, bootleg , jet sweeps, don't work. It's a bigger chess game than people realize. QB has got to be good, and receivers have to make plays. The fact that these coaches and teams are so familiar with each other, tells me this will be a close game. Turnovers and refs will probably decide this one, one way or the other.  

And that is the unknown factor.Silsbee does it,WOS does it.The team that can overcome those unknowns will probably win in a close match. 

7 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Around the 4A Div II ranks we've got the runner up in 6 playing the winner in 6, the runner up in 13 playing the winner of 13 and runner up in 10 playing the winner in 10.  Interesting.  

Only Region 1 pairs teams from different districts. 

So the thing about teams that are familiar with each other is playing out all around the state.  Rivalry games in the quarter finals.  

Wimberly and Navarro are playing in the Alamodome.  That's seems like a fun venue for HS football.  But no chance for the downpours Tigers like so much.

And all those runner ups have a shot.Ain't that cool.

28 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

And all those runner ups have a shot.Ain't that cool.

Yes they do.  You've got Silsbee and Wimberly and then 6 top ten ranked teams.  But really it's anybody's to win.  They are all good games.  The best out of the 4 looks to be No. 1 Pleasant Grove vs. No. 6 Gilmer in a rematch of the district game which PG won 37-24.  Gilmer played well against Carthage in a 24-15 loss and and beat Newton 16-0 in preseason.  And you know what Newton did to Silsbee in preseason - is was a blowout.  But Silsbee is not a good early season team.  It's like two different programs, one before Halloween and one after.

58 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

This is my only concern, the refs interjecting their will into the scheme of things. CT should not agree to the Beaumont refs.

57 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

I hope Silsbee wins, but I'm taking wos. As I don't think they'll make as many penalties and mistakes, and the more athletic team with familar opponents. 

WOS has their share of those, especially offensive penalties.Have had a slew of td's called back.Three in one game I can recall. Talking about mistakes.I remember when we played and I think it was Silsbee,they were fixing to score with time running out and no timeouts left.They were at our 5yrd line or close to it.The clock was running and just seconds left....it was fourth down and the qb ran up to the line and spiked the ball to stop the clock.Everyone was in shock.Remember these are just kids and sometimes they do things they know better not to do but in the excitement of the moment they get brain freeze. 

Lot of hype on this game , and the other 3 region finals , would be great to see them all . Maybe TexanLive will at least have a couple . I watched the PG game last week , they are really good , QB reminds me of Jack Dallas , very accurate passer, really smart decision maker , makes no mental  mistakes. And they are big. They will be tough. Gilmers gonna have to strap it up. As for our game, I believe “if” the Stangs limit the errors ( turnovers / penalties)  they come away with the win and face Navarro next week.

WOS. 28 - 14