WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

9 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Middle line backers Jeff Knox, Rick Dearing , RB Terrence Brown, tough as nails . Some great DB’s along the way. 

I remember Jeff Knox, and so does McKinney. Back further for WO-S how about Lawrence Hardin. When this guy squared off to the ball carrier that play was officially over. They did not make the chin strap that could stay buckled when this dude hit you.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The 1990 Silsbee backfield is still maybe mu favorite even tho ww didnt make the playoffs. It was Doss, Dill, and Arline. I think All 3 had over 1000 rushing or close to it. The old veer offense. 

Ah the old Houston veer.After we got beat by Ennis and their spread offense in the SC,(2000 ) we trashed the veer and went to the spread.Took a couple of years to really learn it.

9 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee beat WOS in Orange in 1993. I was at that game and remember like yesterday. Cleveland for Orange had like a 91 yard TD run. McGuire returned the following kickoff for a TD. Rhone had a 58 yard TD run in that game. Eric Anderson was the QB and he was a sophomore. 

Kendall Cleveland all talent and no guts. Now his brother Brian Cleveland and ernest Andersen were the best backs wos  ever had. The year herschel walker won the Heisman at Georgia, ernest had more yards than him at Oklahoma state when its was the big eight. And as for dillion, he still riding that pine at asu u but of course they will blame that on coach t some how.

3 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Kendall Cleveland all talent and no guts. Now his brother Brian Cleveland and ernest Andersen were the best backs wos  ever had. The year herschel walker won the Heisman at Georgia, ernest had more yards than him at Oklahoma state when its was the big eight. And as for dillion, he still riding that pine at asu u but of course they will blame that on coach t some how.

They have had a ton of good backs but Cleveland and Andersen is what you set your mark too.

57 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Jay McGuire, Stanley Rhone, Brian Doss, Sedrick Spearman, Chris Miller, Britt Lively, Detrice Spearman, and Hiwatha Hickman to name a few. 

I know that everyone won't agree, but Jay may have been the best back I've ever seen at Silsbee. And that's back when about all they ran was dive, lead, load, and then maybe back to dive again lol

8 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I know that everyone won't agree, but I think Jay may have been the best back I've ever seen at Silsbee. And that's back when about all they ran was dive, lead, load, and then maybe back to dive again lol

That was my team .. My Boys.. Jay was a Beast till he got hurt and couldn't play the playoffs we lost to Channelview in Huntsville. Ow and by the way look it up Jay had a kick off return for ever game his senior year till he got hurt.