WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was just calculating Silsbee stats for our broadcast Friday night. That "three headed monster" that folks speak of has really done well again this year. Taylor, Martin and Arline have combined for 3,050 yards and 38 rushing TD's in the 12 games this season. Not bad.

Not bad = dang good!

43 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was just calculating Silsbee stats for our broadcast Friday night. That "three headed monster" that folks speak of has really done well again this year. Taylor, Martin and Arline have combined for 3,050 yards and 38 rushing TD's in the 12 games this season. Not bad.

What was the "three headed monster " stats in the first meeting?

30 minutes ago, BobcatDad said:

Is Taylor the better of the 3 or are they pretty much even?

To me, Taylor is quicker more balance, has more vision and more acceleration.   Martin is bigger, stronger, and probably has more top end speed.  Hard to choose.  Depends on what you want.  Arline is maybe a half a step down from those other two's level,  but his kid is nice and can get the job done if need be...

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Was just calculating Silsbee stats for our broadcast Friday night. That "three headed monster" that folks speak of has really done well again this year. Taylor, Martin and Arline have combined for 3,050 yards and 38 rushing TD's in the 12 games this season. Not bad 

Not at all. I'd like a few 100 more yards to add to that. 

Foster went against a Cuero defense last year that had just as much speed as a WOS defense. So far in the playoffs, both teams have beat district champs along the way. Everyone is picking WOS due to the results from the HF game. Like I said and I could be wrong, Silsbee has the horses to beat WOS. If Silsbee can work some 5-8 yard passes as well as a few deep passes that will get WOS to move out the box some. All 3 Silsbee ribs can catch the ball out of the backfield as well. Martin IMO is the best out of the backfield catching. Silsbee has to avoid turnovers and 3 and out possessions. Go Tigers 26-20! 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Foster went against a Cuero defense last year that had just as much speed as a WOS defense. So far in the playoffs, both teams have beat district champs along the way. Everyone is picking WOS due to the results from the HF game. Like I said and I could be wrong, Silsbee has the horses to beat WOS. If Silsbee can work some 5-8 yard passes as well as a few deep passes that will get WOS to move out the box some. All 3 Silsbee ribs can catch the ball out of the backfield as well. Martin IMO is the best out of the backfield catching. Silsbee has to avoid turnovers and 3 and out possessions. Go Tigers 26-20! 

I doubt it's because of the HF game

11 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

If I'm Silsbee, I try to get a few run plays in for the QB. He doesnt run much and not as fast as previous Tiger QBs but I'm sure he can dona few zone read keepers for 10-12 yards. 

That'd be nice, but he doesn't run, briscoe is more mobile than Foster. That may be an edge WOS has. Does WOS qb run a little bit? 

21 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Not due to the HF game..

23 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Bellville was #2 seed. Giddings was #1 seed.