WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Weather effects both teams and benefits NO ONE.  Smh.  It's all about preparation and execution...

I tried to reply earlier but it didn’t happen.  I don’t think there is a clear cut benefit to either team.  Even with a passing team the DB can slip and leave the WR open.

It does add an element of luck or it wouldn’t be talked about so much with NFL games where the money (betting) matters.

I do think the better team won in the playoffs in 2018 and I do feel WOS got a little lucky in the regular season in 2018.  I feel WOS is slightly the better team this year.  For both teams sake, I hope the weather doesn’t chime in.

This is cool the back and forth between fans, this thread may be among the all time big ones before it's done. Bottom line of course I'm pulling for WO-S, but if it happens like last year I cry in my...uh...milk for 30 minutes and then I'm full tilt Tigers. That's why this is fun. On a footnote I really do appreciate the SETX gang. If I was registered on another board I might be in prison now. Just sayin.  WO-S  24.  Silsbee 20.

Always fun to look back.

Preseason 4A DII

1)Pleasant Grove
2)Jasper out
3)Silsbee
4)Cuero out
5)West Orange-Stark
6)Waco Connally out
7)Gilmer
8)Lorena out
9)Graham out
10)Lubbock Estacado out

Currently

1)Pleasant Grove (12-1)
2)Waco Connally (12-1) out
3)West Orange-Stark (10-1)
4)Midland Greenwood (13-0)
5)Lubbock Estacado (12-1) out
6)Gilmer (10-3)
7)Sunnyvale (12-1) out
8)Geronimo Navarro (13-0)
9)Iowa Park (12-1)
10)Jasper (8-2) out

Wimberley (10-3)
Silsbee (8-4)

I personally think you can throw both teams records out the window and what happened last year or even in the district game From earlier in the year too. This is a rivalry and both teams will be prepared and ready for war and both wants it bad . I think it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes and who can keep their head straight and excel from the pressure and the hype. Either way the 409 will go on and i will pull for whichever advances. Go tigers !!

9 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

They closed ...I couldn’t get in,he’s vip like that I guess!

I'm wo-s#1 I can go anytime. I talk with the coaches too.i have to say this. When ppl mention those closed practices.mainly abt keeping these young kids paying attention to details. We have to remember how young these kids are. So u do what u have to keep them focused. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:29 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing going for Silsbee, they have never lost to WO-S in the playoffs.

Well, Alabama's last five losses have come from teams names the Tigers - Clemson, Auburn, and LSU. I guess Silsbee would do the same. SMH...

Silsbee winning playoff games in past years against WO-S has as much significance as Alabama's losses to Tiger teams. If Silsbee wins, it will have everything to do with outplaying the Mustangs. Nothing else. 

Three things going for WO-S...

1) Silsbee lost to WO-S a few weeks ago. Yeah...head to head match ups mean more than who beat common opponents by a bigger point spread. 

2) Silsbee managed only one sustained drive against WO-S the whole game and was held to 7 points (meaningless safety on the game's final snap). The Chain Gang defense is doing it's thing. 

3) WO-S' offense has improved since the first game. Finally getting several consecutive games in after weather interruptions and the bye week have lifted the offense's production and helped gain consistency. Some valuable JV call ups have contributed, too.   

Silsbee manages to beat WO-S only once every ten years. They met their quota last year. WO-S marches on. 

12 minutes ago, griff said:

Well, Alabama's last five losses have come from teams names the Tigers - Clemson, Auburn, and LSU. I guess Silsbee would do the same. SMH...

Silsbee winning playoff games in past years against WO-S has as much significance as Alabama's losses to Tiger teams. If Silsbee wins, it will have everything to do with outplaying the Mustangs. Nothing else. 

1) Silsbee lost to WO-S a few weeks ago. Yeah...head to head match ups mean more than who beat common opponents by a bigger point spread. 

2) Silsbee managed only one sustained drive against WO-S the whole game and was held to 7 points (meaningless safety on the game's final snap). The Chain Gang defense is doing it's thing. 

3) WO-S' offense has improved since the first game. Finally getting several consecutive games in after weather interruptions and the bye week have lifted the offense's production and helped gain consistency. Some valuable JV call ups have contributed, too.   

Silsbee manages to beat WO-S only once every ten years. They met their quota last year. WO-S marches on. 

Lol.  They March on will be limping back?

6 minutes ago, griff said:

Point number one is insignificant because, well, look at last year. But you are right, it’s more important than common opponents. The only common opponent I would judge off of is HF because it’s so recent. Wos killed them while silsbee barely won, and honestly could have easily lost that game if HF didn’t try kicking a field goal instead of going to OT.. BUT, the same thing happened last year and of course silsbee went on to beat wos in playoffs.

Your second point is the most important in my opinion. But it can be looked at a couple of ways: will Silsbee qb have THAT bad of a game again? Probably not, but I do think the chain gang defense makes him struggle a little bit again. Silsbee offense seems to be clicking, could it be because of the quality of opponents? I guess we will find out Friday. This is where the game will be won imo. Silsbee offense vs wos defense. My guess is that wos has the horses in the secondary to play man coverage and sell out to stopping the run, and put pressure on the qb. Silsbee will have to beat them passing the ball, or at least that’s what I think wos gamelan will be going in.

On a side note, just like I believe Foster won’t play as bad this time around, I also don’t believe wos offense will have as bad a game as they did last year in round 4. Several turnovers and couldn’t move the ball to save their lives. 

My prediction is I think wos can hold silsbee to under 17 points, and I think that will be enough to give them the win. I wouldn’t mind being wrong though!!