WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Ok homeboy check this out keep that because come Friday u will need IT  to watch over and over again and this time around the vype video will be  with 112% winning my CRYSTAL ball is starting to cook, so silsbee kittens if u want this vic, YOU  WILL  HAVE  TO COME GET IT LIKE TYSON!!

They will

13 hours ago, Who That said:

Just a little reminder 😁💯🐅🏈

Hey can't nobody take that one from them.and they should've won it all last year.and the better team won !! But 3 things w.o dline and Lbs too worried abt conditions and out of place.and it wasnt silsbee fault w.o had 8 TO.and even the blown coverage on the TD pass.secondary was one of the worse to come through here.and even qb play last year was better.only one problem.new team new year. They took baby steps at getting better. And them lil puppies has grown up since there last meeting. Just a lil insight. Gud luck to both teams.and may the better team win.

12 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

Really bad news for the Tigers, looks like no rain Friday. 

It's not that Silsbee can't win if it's not raining.  It just makes up for the little flaws that Silsbee has which WOS, because of the nature of the program, doesn't have.  And we're realists, we'll take whatever we can get.  

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've only been to NRG twice. I'll let you guess who was playing. Hint: it was wasn't LSU, Clemson, Auburn, Memphis, or silsbee

WOS won there in 2016 or 15. I've been more than 30 plus times for high school football games, Texans, concerts, and rodeo events. I didnt see the state games there when they did bring them to Houston but watched on Foxsouthwest. 

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Weather effects both teams and benefits NO ONE.  Smh.  It's all about preparation and execution...

That's not entirely true. Torrential rain can neutralize a predominate passing team if said team doesn't have a strong run game. Not necessarily the case with WOS or Silsbee, just in general.

1 minute ago, kicker 2.0 said:

That's not entirely true. Torrential rain can neutralize a predominate passing team if said team doesn't have a strong run game. Not necessarily the case with WOS or Silsbee, just in general.

Well, someone needs to work more on their running game in practice.  Also, rain effects the running game as well. Many fumbles and slippery handoffs, ect.  But last year, WO-S was a running team just like Silsbee was..  so those factors canceled themselves out.

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, someone needs to work more on their running game in practice.  Also, rain effects the running game as well. Many fumbles and slippery handoffs, ect.  But last year, WO-S was a running team just like Silsbee was..  so those factors canceled themselves out.

I think WOS running game well be just fine 

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I only said that because I thought the previous  poster was being hypothetical...  meaning passing teams are affected by rain, not particularly WO-S...

I was speaking more in general. Both WOS and Silsbee seem balanced. I would argue that a running team, would have an advantage in wind and rain over a team that throws 50 times a game. I wasn't talking about last years WOS/Silsbee matchup.

The Tigers and Mustangs have turned it up a notch in the playoffs. Silsbee has played a third seed, fourth seed and a district champion averaging 44.0 points per game and giving up 13.3 points per game. WOS has played a fourth seed, third seed and a second seed averaging 40.6 points per game and giving up 11.6 points per game. As always in a Tiger/Mustang game it will come down to turnovers and special teams. That is how the Mustangs beat the Tigers in the first game this year, having three takeaways and playing field position in the punting game. The two best 4A teams in the Golden Tringle will battle it out at Beaumont ISD Memorial Stadium for the right to play in the state semi-final game. Yes, I going to be a homer and say Silsbee will win. If not I'll be pulling for WOS to take up the torch and carry on. TigerNation!!!

On 12/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, ladybug33 said:

What is the injury report on both teams? I think both teams will run more because; WO-S' secondary will pick off any balls that are thrown deep, or across the middle ground. I'm sure Silsbee's secondary will do the same if not they are in trouble.

40-50 percent chance of rain at kickoff as a cold front will be coming in at game time way to go Tigers