WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

21 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will have to show up and tackle alot better than they did in the 1st meeting. We all know WOS has a good defense and its important for Silsbee to play in front of the chains and not get hit with holding penalties and offsides penalties. If Foster can throw the ball like he did in the 2nd half of the Giddings game, Silsbee will stand more than a chance. I've only seen highlights of WOS but they seem to be balanced in the run and pass. 

Glad we got back on topic instead of the pissing war that's been going on the last 3 pages.lol

I know one thing.Silsbee can't make the mistakes against WOS they made against Giddings because I don't think they will be able to come back against WOS defense.

33 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will have to show up and tackle alot better than they did in the 1st meeting. We all know WOS has a good defense and its important for Silsbee to play in front of the chains and not get hit with holding penalties and offsides penalties. If Foster can throw the ball like he did in the 2nd half of the Giddings game, Silsbee will stand more than a chance. I've only seen highlights of WOS but they seem to be balanced in the run and pass. 

I see ur stand point.but I think u should have watched more tape on w.o.there not the same team from early in the year.and silsbee has gained momentum.but the thing is will silsbee change there offense up some.ur not gonna beat this team running stretch plays and up the middle.and then throw a jump ball.CT is too gud of a coach to not have his team in position.and point this out to u.silsbee secondary struggled the first time out.descent passing teams will hurt them.so they have use them 3 backs catching the ball more.i will assure the reece kid from bellville really got w.o prepared.and also silsbee has to find away to put up points early.bcz they will not come back and beat this team.come 4th qtr silsbee has to be within a score.bcz w.o is the better condition team.and some how foster has to have a great game if they have any chance.

13 minutes ago, dj said:

I see ur stand point.but I think u should have watched more tape on w.o.there not the same team from early in the year.and silsbee has gained momentum.but the thing is will silsbee change there offense up some.ur not gonna beat this team running stretch plays and up the middle.and then throw a jump ball.CT is too gud of a coach to not have his team in position.and point this out to u.silsbee secondary struggled the first time out.descent passing teams will hurt them.so they have use them 3 backs catching the ball more.i will assure the reece kid from bellville really got w.o prepared.and also silsbee has to find away to put up points early.bcz they will not come back and beat this team.come 4th qtr silsbee has to be within a score.bcz w.o is the better condition team.and some how foster has to have a great game if they have any chance.

I don't think you've been watching film Silsbee .  There more to this team than stretch runs and runs up the middle.  Sure, they'd rather just do those two things, but there are some passes that Foster can make besides the long pass up the sidelines.   

It's funny.  I remember posts from you just like this one last year.  Well, the three headed monster is a year older now and the #1 Turk has been replaced with a WR just as good as him this year in Cartwright.  

I think the game will be wone in turnovers.  If Silsbee can sustain drives and avoid several 3 and outs, Silsbee will win this by a score..

54 minutes ago, dj said:

I would agree

WOS is the clear cut favorite as they were last year and in 1998. The kids in Silsbee have played alot of varsity games. I think this is the 4th time in school history Silsbee has made it to the 4th round. 98, 2015, 2018, and 19. Silsbee has a very solid offense. The defense was my concern earlier in the year. Over the past 3 weeks, Silsbee has played solid defense. Hard to shut teams out in the playoffs but Silsbee has given up 13, 13, and 14 points. 

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

WOS is the clear cut favorite as they were last year and in 1998. The kids in Silsbee have played alot of varsity games. I think this is the 4th time in school history Silsbee has made it to the 4th round. 98, 2015, 2018, and 19. Silsbee has a very solid offense. The defense was my concern earlier in the year. Over the past 3 weeks, Silsbee has played solid defense. Hard to shut teams out in the playoffs but Silsbee has given up 13, 13, and 14 points. 

Silsbee played for regional title in 1968, 1971 and 1977. Won it in '77.

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Aggie how many playoff games to get that far then? I think only one or 2 teams made the playoffs in those days. Great information I didnt know. 

Only district champions made playoffs in those years.

I forgot that Silsbee also played for regional title in 1967. So in total this the 8th time Silsbee has played for a regional championship.

My grandmother was a school bus driver in Silsbee in the 80s and I remembering going to the playoff games in Huntsville and the Astrodome. The 1988 Silsbee team is still one of my favorite Tiger squads. That team had Randy Mathews QB, Foster at RB, Chris Barnes, Curtis Buckley (49ers), and Shane Gilder (MLB). That team had one of the best defenses in Silsbee history if I recall. I think this was coach Sigler 1st year in Silsbee for basketball. 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

My grandmother was a school bus driver in Silsbee in the 80s and I remembering going to the playoff games in Huntsville and the Astrodome. The 1988 Silsbee team is still one of my favorite Tiger squads. That team had Randy Mathews QB, Foster at RB, Chris Barnes, Curtis Buckley (49ers), and Shane Gilder (MLB). That team had one of the best defenses in Silsbee history if I recall. I think this was coach Sigler 1st year in Silsbee for basketball. 

As a head coach. He was Coach Culley's assistant 3 years prior.

1 hour ago, Broncos2447 said:

I know Giddings was giving Silsbee those hitches last week, WOS won't be giving those easy throws to Foster. He hit Turk deep the first play of the game last year, he's gonna have to do the same with Cartwright to have any chance. 

There, I fixed that for you.   😁🏾