WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

Just now, L-Train11 said:

So you were at the game, while listening to the broadcast, and putting your tree up?

Train this guy lies and lacks football knowledge. Can we get Grad to set up a test to be a member to this site? Hell he probably get his wife to take the test for him . We are out of the luck

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

😂 💀 

I have more knowledge that you 2 geezers put together. I know that neither LCM or Lumberton are in the playoffs. I know the last winning season either of you have seen was before Martin Luther King got shot. I also know the sports tradition in Lumberton is to just try not to get hurt. Winning isnt neccessary. It's pointless for Lumberton fans to even have hope these days. Just go to the game to get out the house😂😂😂. If the game is even close that's a bonus. Kid show up knowing the chance of winning is not just slim it's just none. Lumberton has alot of growth and has a decent town. All they growth and no sports wins. Who's moving to your town? Retirees? 

Just now, BADSANTA said:

I have more knowledge that you 2 geezers put together. I know that neither LCM or Lumberton are in the playoffs. I know the last winning season either of you have seen was before Martin Luther King got shot. I also know the sports tradition in Lumberton is to just try not to get hurt. Winning isnt neccessary. It's pointless for Lumberton fans to even have hope these days. Just go to the game to get out the house😂😂😂. If the game is even close that's a bonus. Kid show up knowing the chance of winning is not just slim it's just none. Lumberton has alot of growth and has a decent town. All they growth and no sports wins. Who's moving to your town? Retirees? 

Retirees that’s pretty funny lol

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Actually this year was a winning season but that’s beside the point. You still haven’t answered how you managed to go to the game while listening to the broadcast and putting your tree up at the same time? Please answer that simple question and I’ll leave you alone. Since, you know, my team sucks so I obviously know nothing about football anyway.

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

Actually this year was a winning season but that’s beside the point. You still haven’t answered how you managed to go to the game while listening to the broadcast and putting your tree up at the same time? Please answer that simple question and I’ll leave you alone. Since, you know, my team sucks so I obviously know nothing about football anyway.

Silsbee fans have hope. Lumberton fans have nope!!! 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, LC-M said:

I was just taking a poll. Thanks for answering truthfully. Bad Santa don’t want to answer lol

Not that he can't answer for himself, but he couldn't play football because of a health condition he had during high school.

Not sure why this is so important to you to know who did or didn't play football. What's the point?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

One thing going for Silsbee, they have never lost to WO-S in the playoffs.

Well, that is due to a couple of things.  Recently, Silsbee was in a different classification.  Other than that....they didn’t make it far enough for the teams to meet up.  So thus far 1998 and 2018 are the claim to fame.

14 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Oh, I do hope you'll need your rain gear.

Who else is superstitious about sports?  I certainly was when I played back in the ancient times.  Silly.  I had to eat a grapefruit on Thursday night watching a particular TV show or else I would jinx us.  Don't remember the show, don't remember how it got started.  

Last night I felt I had to change seats at the half because the Tigers were flat.  Seemed like the Buffaloes had the formula.  The Tigers weren't out of it by any means but they needed some breaks and some big plays.     So I changed seats and look what happened, 28 unanswered points in the second half.  My rational brain tells me that it's happenstance coupled with the fact that the Tigers stepped up and performed.  But my primitive brain tells me it was all because I changed seats.

Last year at Legacy there was a moment when it looked like Cuero was about to take control for good.  The grandkids were with us there at Legacy and they are big Harry Potter fans.  Cuero had just scored and was driving again so I told them needed something so they should cast a spell.  Happily they obliged.  They consulted among themselves and came up with a hex and chanted some Potter stuff and waved their arms and the next play the Tigers recovered a fumble and ran it back for a touchdown.  I mean the very next play!  Remember the play?  It was hilarious!  You should have seen their faces.  "Granddaddy!  It worked!  It actually worked!  We did it!  We did it!"  It's become legend in our family already.

See?  That's how these things get started.

And now it's the rain.  If it rains the Tigers will beat the Mustangs in playoff situations.  The quality of the teams has nothing to do with it.  It's the rain you see.  I was there in 98, wasn't it at TJ stadium?  My daughter was a senior.  I was there last year when it was obvious to everyone that WOS looked very uncomfortable right from the start but the Tigers seemed to be thrilled thrilled that it was storming.  Weather is the great equalized and that's factual and reasonable.  But what day it decides to rain is happenstance.  And I love it.  And why not?Usually these things are decided in delivery rooms 17 or 18 years ago or by who moves to what town are by who can find and keep the best coach.  But every now and then fate rears it's disturbing head. 

I wonder if the Mustangs would trade every single one of those regular season wins for the two Tiger postseason wins?  Oh those lovely intangibles.

Anyway, PM showers on Thursday but it will have moved off by Friday.  Oh well.  Doesn't mean the Tigers have to lose.  Does it?  I'm calling the grandkids.

Would they trade EVERY SINGLE regular season wins for the playoff wins?

No.  That would mean different playoff seeding and in some instances, that particular WOS team wasn’t that good.

No I didnt play football, basketball, or baseball in high school🤷🏾‍♂️. Not sure that doesnt qualify me to speak on sports. I have family members who have had Pro Bowl NFL careers, cousins who were recent Tiger Qbs/Willie Ray Smith winners and some standouts at West Brook and Ozen. I've been a guest on sports radio 790 twice this year and 1590am with former K-State QB Mike Bishop and former Texan Arian Foster. I have 2 very close friends who work in the Houston media and we all talk about sports. With that being said, yes I have a pretty good sports knowledge that goes far beyond high school where I didnt play. If you need proof inbox and u can view my IG or FB sir. 

Silsbee will have to show up and tackle alot better than they did in the 1st meeting. We all know WOS has a good defense and its important for Silsbee to play in front of the chains and not get hit with holding penalties and offsides penalties. If Foster can throw the ball like he did in the 2nd half of the Giddings game, Silsbee will stand more than a chance. I've only seen highlights of WOS but they seem to be balanced in the run and pass.