WO-S vs Silsbee

WOSdrummer99

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I dont like the idea of my hard earned money being wasted on crooked electricians and/or superintendent. But I guess that is the past. 

Beaumont memorial it is. Not the butch

Those days have been passed.  New regime has been in place for pushing close to 10 years now.   Lots have changed since then.  Dont believe me, you can research it yourself.   We know the name of the stadium, but I'm sure  there are a lot more people that have the same common nickname for it vs. It's  official name..

Back to the point at hand.  The stadium has everything plus some for a really good playoff atmosphere for fans, players, and media alike.   Gonna be an electric experience Friday  (pun intended)...

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Those days have been passed.  New regime has been in place for pushing close to 10 years now.   Lots have changed since then.  Dont believe me, you can research it yourself.   We know the name of the stadium, but I'm sure  there are a lot more people that have the same common nickname for it vs. It's  official name..

Back to the point at hand.  The stadium has everything plus some for a really good playoff atmosphere for fans, players, and media alike.   Gonna be an electric experience Friday  (pun intended)...

I agree to a point. BISD Stadium is one of the very few stadiums that does not have food in press box. That's a big strike against them. ;)

7 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Okay I'll have to dig out my rain gear, and a clear purse. Thanks BMTSoulja1

Oh, I do hope you'll need your rain gear.

Who else is superstitious about sports?  I certainly was when I played back in the ancient times.  Silly.  I had to eat a grapefruit on Thursday night watching a particular TV show or else I would jinx us.  Don't remember the show, don't remember how it got started.  

Last night I felt I had to change seats at the half because the Tigers were flat.  Seemed like the Buffaloes had the formula.  The Tigers weren't out of it by any means but they needed some breaks and some big plays.     So I changed seats and look what happened, 28 unanswered points in the second half.  My rational brain tells me that it's happenstance coupled with the fact that the Tigers stepped up and performed.  But my primitive brain tells me it was all because I changed seats.

Last year at Legacy there was a moment when it looked like Cuero was about to take control for good.  The grandkids were with us there at Legacy and they are big Harry Potter fans.  Cuero had just scored and was driving again so I told them needed something so they should cast a spell.  Happily they obliged.  They consulted among themselves and came up with a hex and chanted some Potter stuff and waved their arms and the next play the Tigers recovered a fumble and ran it back for a touchdown.  I mean the very next play!  Remember the play?  It was hilarious!  You should have seen their faces.  "Granddaddy!  It worked!  It actually worked!  We did it!  We did it!"  It's become legend in our family already.

See?  That's how these things get started.

And now it's the rain.  If it rains the Tigers will beat the Mustangs in playoff situations.  The quality of the teams has nothing to do with it.  It's the rain you see.  I was there in 98, wasn't it at TJ stadium?  My daughter was a senior.  I was there last year when it was obvious to everyone that WOS looked very uncomfortable right from the start but the Tigers seemed to be thrilled thrilled that it was storming.  Weather is the great equalized and that's factual and reasonable.  But what day it decides to rain is happenstance.  And I love it.  And why not?Usually these things are decided in delivery rooms 17 or 18 years ago or by who moves to what town are by who can find and keep the best coach.  But every now and then fate rears it's disturbing head. 

I wonder if the Mustangs would trade every single one of those regular season wins for the two Tiger postseason wins?  Oh those lovely intangibles.

Anyway, PM showers on Thursday but it will have moved off by Friday.  Oh well.  Doesn't mean the Tigers have to lose.  Does it?  I'm calling the grandkids.

1 minute ago, JimThorpe said:

Who else is superstitious about sports?  I certainly was when I played back in the ancient times.  Silly.  I had to eat a grapefruit on Thursday night watching a particular TV show or else I would jinx us.  Don't remember the show, don't remember how it got started.  

Last night I felt I had to change seats at the half because the Tigers were flat.  Seemed like the Buffaloes had the formula.  The Tigers weren't out of it by any means but they needed some breaks and some big plays.     So I changed seats and look what happened, 28 unanswered points in the second half.  My rational brain tells me that it's happenstance coupled with the fact that the Tigers stepped up and performed.  But my primitive brain tells me it was all because I changed seats.

Last year at Legacy there was a moment when it looked like Cuero was about to take control for good.  The grandkids were with us there at Legacy and they are big Harry Potter fans.  Cuero had just scored and was driving again so I told them needed something so they should cast a spell.  Happily they obliged.  They consulted among themselves and came up with a hex and chanted some Potter stuff and waved their arms and the next play the Tigers recovered a fumble and ran it back for a touchdown.  I mean the very next play!  Remember the play?  It was hilarious!  You should have seen their faces.  "Granddaddy!  It worked!  It actually worked!  We did it!  We did it!"  It's become legend in our family already.

And now it's the rain.  If it rains the Tigers will beat the Mustangs in playoff situations.  The quality of the teams has nothing to do with it.  It's the rain you see.  I was there in 98, wasn't it at TJ stadium?  My daughter was a senior.  I was there last year when it was obvious to everyone that WOS looked very uncomfortable right from the start but the Tigers seemed to be thrilled thrilled that it was storming.  Weather is the great equalized and that's factual and reasonable.  But what day it decides to rain is happenstance.  And I love it.  And why not?Usually these things are decided in delivery rooms 17 or 18 years ago or by who moves to what town are by who can find and keep the best coach.  But every now and then fate rears it's disturbing head. 

I wonder if the Mustangs would trade every single one of those regular season wins for the two Tiger postseason wins?  Oh those lovely intangibles.

Anyway, PM showers on Thursday but it will have moved off by Friday.  Oh well.  Doesn't mean the Tigers have to lose.  Does it?  I'm calling the grandkids.

I always feel if I'm not at the game and I wear the team shirt while listening to the broadcast the team I root for loses.  

Also, when I  ring a casual spectator with me to the game to watch a team I root for , my team loses.  

26 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

That game in ‘98 was our “Murphy’s Law” of games. We made every mistake imaginable in that game. All 3 phases..... Not trying to take anything away from the Tigers that year, but we were making mistakes that we hadn’t made in 2 seasons! 

@JimThorpe

Man that is a great story. I hope the legend lives forever with them forever. Yes 98 was at TJ. Personally I would not trade those wins for one game. But maybe others would. Fate is a funny thing. Sometimes one simple night can change a lifetime. I hope your grandkids can be with you again... you may need to comfort after the loss.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did you just use that atmosphere word?

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

I think u hit the nail on the head.w.o kids sooner or later will eventually will have to be mentally tougher than in the past.in weather conditions.but at the same time if silsbee falls behind early can they come back to win. So it's both ways.this year team are better.so one of the 2 question will be answered friday.