Evadale 32 Colmesneil 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

I think Evadale had a couple of varsity returners from last year that chose not to play this year and it is really hurting them, since they were both used on the point position. Caught Coaches off guard when it happened and they are having to work to fill that hole that was left. The team is young and doesn't have a lot of experience at varsity level of play. But just like last year they improved every game and Hollyfield will always have them ready to play and prepared for district, its up to them to execute what he shows them.

8 hours ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

I think Evadale had a couple of varsity returners from last year that chose not to play this year and it is really hurting them, since they were both used on the point position. Caught Coaches off guard when it happened and they are having to work to fill that hole that was left. The team is young and doesn't have a lot of experience at varsity level of play. But just like last year they improved every game and Hollyfield will always have them ready to play and prepared for district, its up to them to execute what he shows them.

Who didn't play this year?

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

Who didn't play this year?

Cole and Patterozzi (Holyfield’s niece). Heard right before the season was to start they both said not playing and he had worked with them last year at PG to prepare for this year. That hurt the team and as a coach I’m sure it didn’t go over well considering he put a lot of developing time in to them last year. 

Colmesneil historically was a very good women’s program.  They always have tall and athletic girls.  I think a lack of coaching consistency (which Evadale has) is what really harms them.  Hopefully the Lady Bulldogs can rebound and become consistently competitive.  All that being said, I do believe Evadale is just in a little down phase.

10 hours ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

Cole and Patterozzi (Holyfield’s niece). Heard right before the season was to start they both said not playing and he had worked with them last year at PG to prepare for this year. That hurt the team and as a coach I’m sure it didn’t go over well considering he put a lot of developing time in to them last year. 

Holyfield's niece?! I wonder what happened there? Holy crap!