Trump is not a king

Big girl

This downturn has no relation to the great depression and was the result of the subprime mortgage crisis which was related to the "compassionate ones" efforts to make home ownership more easily acquired.  Thus, the unintended consequences caused by those who think they "know" more.  Take a look at the last four or five economic downturns and compare the strength of the recoveries in terms of GDP.

26 minutes ago, stevenash said:

This downturn has no relation to the great depression and was the result of the subprime mortgage crisis which was related to the "compassionate ones" efforts to make home ownership more easily acquired.  Thus, the unintended consequences caused by those who think they "know" more.  Take a look at the last four or five economic downturns and compare the strength of the recoveries in terms of GDP.

My parents and grandparents lived through it and there IS no comparison at all. Oh the stories they could tell, and the problem is that they were true.

The Great Depression and WWII combined to make the baby boomers the greatest generation ever, of which I am one.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

My parents and grandparents lived through it and there IS no comparison at all. Oh the stories they could tell, and the problem is that they were true.

The Great Depression and WWII combined to make the baby boomers the greatest generation ever, of which I am one.

My grandparents told me the best thing about the great depression was that everyone was poor. So poor that they didn't even know they were. This is where we are headed. Only difference is before it was money. Now it's all about morality. The Moral Depression of the 21st century.

I’d like to say something else about the Great Depression. Anyone who lived through that is a tough old buzzard, especially being born in the early 20s and surviving the depression only to be thrust into the biggest war ever imagined. Yep, when that was all behind them, why not reproduce and raise children in the “perfect” world. Enter me and millions of others. More advancements in technology have been made in the last 70 years than ever before in the history of mankind. You’re welcome. 

Anyone who would attempt to compare these historic events to anything else is very uninformed and naive.

18 hours ago, Reagan said:

That looks at and hears the facts (lies) of CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC and CBS...

I’m talking about what I’ve seen and heard from Trump himself. Additionally, if only one news source is correct, that is tantamount to having a “state” news organization that is the only source for official “facts”. No wonder you love our Putin supporting, lying president.

18 hours ago, stevenash said:

Yeah, and I guess working stiffs were responsible for the margin binge that fueled that 1929 market crash. “Greed” is the common denominator linking the “Great Depression” and the “Great Recession”.

15 hours ago, baddog said:

I’d like to say something else about the Great Depression. Anyone who lived through that is a tough old buzzard, especially being born in the early 20s and surviving the depression only to be thrust into the biggest war ever imagined. Yep, when that was all behind them, why not reproduce and raise children in the “perfect” world. Enter me and millions of others. More advancements in technology have been made in the last 70 years than ever before in the history of mankind. You’re welcome. 

Anyone who would attempt to compare these historic events to anything else is very uninformed and naive.

Thank you.

38 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Yeah, and I guess working stiffs were responsible for the margin binge that fueled that 1929 market crash. “Greed” is the common denominator linking the “Great Depression” and the “Great Recession”.

Just wondering if, in all of your "wisdom",  you have ever heard of the economic cycle?   It's only been around since the beginning of time.  Greed will always exist and it has no political limitations (contrary to your unenlightened belief).  Please point me to a  successful and durable country(countries) that do not experience the ups and downs of the economic cycle.  I guess greed was eliminated in Venezuela by those well intentioned and "caring" government leaders.  The result is nobody has anything.

54 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I’m talking about what I’ve seen and heard from Trump himself. Additionally, if only one news source is correct, that is tantamount to having a “state” news organization that is the only source for official “facts”. No wonder you love our Putin supporting, lying president.

You make some of the strangest/incorrect observations.

If only one source is correct, it means just that, it is correct. .

If you watch news (by your posts, not sure you do) you will see that the outlets listed by Reagan will often use the same terms or specific wording on the same day.

It is very easy to verify this, the are plenty of montages out there that show this.  Now wouldn't you call this very close to "state" news that gets it's material from an obviously central source?  And by the way, it always agrees with the liberal point of view.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Good question, answer...nothing.

It’s like the folks that like to see the rich pay a higher tax percentage because they want to see them pay their “fair” share.

Somehow they think it makes their life better.

You don't think That the rich should pay their fair share?

On 12/2/2019 at 11:30 AM, BS Wildcats said:

They know but they "forget", such as the Biden/Ukraine quid pro quo business.

Biden was acting on behalf of the US. European countries agreed with him. What is so hard to understand about that. Trump was acting on behalf of himself. He was trying to dig up dirt.on a political rival.