Schultz fired...

navydawg31

I doubt Morris would come to LU but you never know.. if he wants to continue being the head guy might be the fit. Traylor would be go a great one he was at Gilmer for so long if he wants to one day be a college head coach for a big program a great stepping stone would be LU... several big boosters are wanting Todd Dodge maybe he will make that jump back into college ranks. 

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You want any chance of seeing Lamar survive football -- hire Art Briles!  Just think about him being able to recruit.  Who wouldn't want to play for Briles?!  Again, if he's guilty of anything, that's one thing.  But I don't think he is -- hire the man!

Who does Mount Vernon play this week?

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Briles showed up 25 days before practice started.  Went 8-2 and made the playoffs.  Not bad in in anyone's book!

:Last year, Mt. Vernon went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  A one and done the following year sounds like a step (at least) back to me.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Not everybody shares your man love of Art Briles.

Lamar could hire another Ray Woodard or another Ray Alborn and eventually kill the program.  Or...

This article is on the coaching speculation.  The only coach mentioned was Art Briles!  LOL!!

Let's see, 4 State Championships and what he did at Baylor, I'd say, yes, he should be Lamar's choice!

This is the hidden content, please

Good read. I'd love to see lamar have to consistently competitive program. The coaching situation hasn't been too good since they started back up. The talent in setx shouldn't have to go across the river to mc neese. It all starts with the coach. Hire a winner. Just curious as to who else is even in the conversation?