Hoopsgiving Classic 2019

22 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Is number 23 for Silsbee doing anything?

He looked pretty solid for a freshman against PA.

Him & # 23 for St Thoms had some words.  23 for STH was a big dude with an attitude to match.  Silsbee was setting up for charges & he was bulling through them.  More often than not the refs were calling blocking instead of charging.  They were rolling with the team in control. Nothing came of any of that though.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Why didnt Yates draw the team with Lebron James jr and Zhaire Wade😂🤷🏾‍♂️

Duncanville is the host school and better equipped as a team to play with Sierra Canyon, Yates Fans are just thrilled to be invited to play in this tournament with so many elite and highly ranked teams and having an opportunity to play in an NBA Arena. I expect Yates will get the brakes beat off them this weekend but I applause Coach Wise for playing knowing he doesn’t match up with either team this weekend. We probably won’t see Yates at full strength until district play.  

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Why didnt Yates draw the team with Lebron James jr and Zhaire Wade😂🤷🏾‍♂️

That team is not as good as Montverde.  Many have Cunningham projected as the #1 pick of the 2021 draft.  He will almost certainly be a lottery pick.   His dad isn’t a hall of famer, but he will certainly be the best player in the gym.   And he’s just the beginning.  Montverde is deep, deep.  Scottie Barnes is a highlight reel.  Only IMG boasts a roster that competes with theirs.  

29 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

BADSANTA OR AggiesAreWe

Can you think of a team currently in SETX that could beat Montverde Academy this year??? I don’t believe Yates has a snow ball chance in hell to win this game. 

Maybe Beaumont United ??? 

😂😂😂 I assume you’re trolling now. 

30 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

BADSANTA OR AggiesAreWe

Can you think of a team currently in SETX that could beat Montverde Academy this year??? I don’t believe Yates has a snow ball chance in hell to win this game. 

Maybe Beaumont United ??? 

Why should any team in our area care about Montverde or worried about if they could beat them?

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

That team is not as good as Montverde.  Many have Cunningham projected as the #1 pick of the 2021 draft.  He will almost certainly be a lottery pick.   His dad isn’t a hall of famer, but he will certainly be the best player in the gym.   And he’s just the beginning.  Montverde is deep, deep.  Scottie Barnes is a highlight reel.  Only IMG boasts a roster that competes with theirs.  

I think once Zaire Williams gets back in December SC could play with them. Williams, Boston, Bailey, and Frank matchup with any top 4 any team will bring. Wade, Odom, and the big guy would have to step up their games in the matchup. 

10 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Sir it was only a fantasy question, open discussion to see what SETX teams would match up against a top 5 team. 

SF Austin won at Duke

Ok. I believe teams like Hull-Daisetta, Deweyville and Chester could match up.

I mean, since we are talking fantasy.

41 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Good one Sir, enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving Day

No bro no team in SETX could being honest. Maybe Duncanville or one of the top 6A schools maybe 5A #1. Those game in none district are just to get your ready for district and playoff runs. I dont think Yates will be tested until state honestly 

21 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

No bro no team in SETX could being honest. Maybe Duncanville or one of the top 6A schools maybe 5A #1. Those game in none district are just to get your ready for district and playoff runs. I dont think Yates will be tested until state honestly 

BABSANTA, I truly believe Beaumont United could play with anyone. I have seen them play twice this year and I like their height and team speed. Their my pick for San Antonio.  You probably know more about this team then I do, what is your opinion about Beaumont United??? 

4 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

BABSANTA, I truly believe Beaumont United could play with anyone. I have seen them play twice this year and I like their height and team speed. Their my pick for San Antonio.  You probably know more about this team then I do, what is your opinion about Beaumont United??? 

This united team is the best team from BMT since the 14-15 Central Jaguars and 14-15 Ozen Panthers. They have the size and length of the central team and Kasen gives them some the guard play that Ozen team had. Not sure they are better overall as either of those two teams. Time will tell with that. Overall it will be an amazing year for the Timberwolves. 

I have not seen that other team play, but this United Team is scary good.  Everything you need in a team.  An awesome Senior leader , great length and athleticism, good coaching, and  a couple of youngsters that just keep getting better each game including an awesome sophomore  and a pair of Freshmen.  I dont are a team just coming in an blowing them out...

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Duncanville is not close to Montverde.  They have one player who could play on that team.  And he would be a role player. 

3 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Play with anyone in the state for sure.  The top national teams, no sir.  To put it in perspective, MV has the top 2020 kid and the top 2021 kid from the state of Texas.  The former being the #2 ranked kid in the country that is a big, 6-7 guard who literally does what he wants with the ball. 

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I have not seen that other team play, but this United Team is scary good.  Everything you need in a team.  An awesome Senior leader , great length and athleticism, good coaching, and  a couple of youngsters that just keep getting better each game including an awesome sophomore  and a pair of Freshmen.  I dont are a team just coming in an blowing them out...

I saw United vs Dickinson.  That game had a playoff feel to it.  United is a versatile team. They ran with Dickinson. They can trap & press, run, all that. At crunch time they slowed it down played zone. With those long arms stretched out they were not easy to score on. They put the ball in the QB pg Kasen. Dude is built like a running back. Dickinson came at him physical but he just shook it off.  

Back in the day legend coach Gamble won some state championship games with the score in the 40s. PA Lincoln under him didn't just run all the time.  Coach Green does the same thing when he needs to.  His teams can run and press (Sigler) or they can slow it down and win a close game.  They can be beat. Any top team in Texas 6A can lose if you play them just right.  Some team knocking off United in the playoffs will not be easy.

A season or so ago, when Silsbee had one of their best teams ever, I saw them beat STH and Westbury Christian.  One of those Westbury guys, Charles Smith IV is a freshman at SMU.  The other Slazinski is a Frosh at Louisville. 

The difference is a team like Silsbee had comes along every so often. Where as private schools are out recruiting & bringing in good talent and building good teams almost every year.  The old paradigm where you town or areas best, played my town or areas best is gradually fading away.  It could easily be said that it is not happening gradually, but at a rapid rate.

19 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I live in Cypress. I havent seen them play this year. Their coach is from Silsbee in David Green and I know their well coached. I think they could be in San Antonio.