Fort Bend Marshall vs Huntsville

wbfan

Huntsville is well aware of the speed of FB Marshall.  They had them beat.last year until the crazy play at the end.  Achane is just ridiculous and can score anytime he touches the ball.  Marshall is clearly going to make a lot of big plays. But Huntsville can also put up some points.  Last year’s game was 47-43 and I think this one could look similar.  I’ll take Huntsville in the rematch. 

Guest Aledoalumni

Huntsville has had two impressive victories so far this postseason. Maybe they have the best resume with beating Marshall and Crosby. Both of those teams can be tough to handle at times. This is going to sound similar to my BH/Manvel post but I watched both these teams play this weekend online. Everyone knows FBM has speed but they really impressed me with how physical they were. Last year their defense let them down but that group looked good against A&M. If you watched the game, A&M had a chance at the very end to steal the game but they couldnt come down with the catch. For Huntsville to get revenge this time around they really need to eliminate the big play. When I watched them verse Crosby it seemed that they couldnt stop the big plays. Against FBM that is a ticket home. Would be nice to see Huntsville win but having watched both teams recently, I have to go FBM. 

I’m not sure you can humanly stop big plays with FB Marshall.  When #5 gets the ball, watch out.  Huntsville gave up at least 6 big plays against Crosby and still won, so I’m confident the Hornets can win this one.  

PS:  to Huntsville coaches:  please do not kick off deep.  I don’t really want to watch 100 yd kickoff returns.

Guest Aledoalumni
1 hour ago, Eazy said:

I’m not sure you can humanly stop big plays with FB Marshall.  When #5 gets the ball, watch out.  Huntsville gave up at least 6 big plays against Crosby and still won, so I’m confident the Hornets can win this one.  

PS:  to Huntsville coaches:  please do not kick off deep.  I don’t really want to watch 100 yd kickoff returns.

I think #5 will make a couple 25+ yard plays but if you can get some sort of pass rush I think that goes a long way. #1 will hurt you with scrambles and if he gets a step he can scoot! Just have to be disciplined and very physical when you get a chance to hit em. Manvel beat them this year so they arent unstoppable but you have to minimize the damage as much as possible. If Huntsville wants to give FBM the loss like they almost did last year then they better have that defense assignment sound and dont let them get yards after contact. 

2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Aledo did last year. Marshall would not have even got past the second round in that region. Heck they barely moved the ball on CC Calallen. If this was a track meet I would take Marshall but it’s not. Speed can easily be off set with assignment and fundamentals. Still need kids that can ball but Aledo would not want FB Marshall in a track meet.

Guest Aledoalumni
18 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Aledo did last year. Marshall would not have even got past the second round in that region. Heck they barely moved the ball on CC Calallen. If this was a track meet I would take Marshall but it’s not. Speed can easily be off set with assignment and fundamentals. Still need kids that can ball but Aledo would not want FB Marshall in a track meet.

Aledo and Fort Bend Marshall already met in a track meet. This past spring both made it to state in the 4x100. FBM won and Aledo finished 7th or 8th. Aledo had the starting RB, WR, SS, and CB on their team. I know #5 ran for FBM but idk who else they had. They smoked us. 

Guest Aledoalumni

Very possible I'm being a hater but I disagree with these two guys strongly. Starting at the 21 minute mark of the Huntsville vs FBM breakdown. I get that these two are excited for the game but I dont agree with them when they say Huntsville should be included with the teams that could win state year to year if they beat FBM or that they are building a dynasty. These guys are way ahead of themselves! 

podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/item-insider/id1474394488#episodeGuid=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.spreaker.com%2Fepisode%2F20293160

On 11/23/2019 at 9:20 PM, Eazy said:

Huntsville is well aware of the speed of FB Marshall.  They had them beat.last year until the crazy play at the end.  Achane is just ridiculous and can score anytime he touches the ball.  Marshall is clearly going to make a lot of big plays. But Huntsville can also put up some points.  Last year’s game was 47-43 and I think this one could look similar.  I’ll take Huntsville in the rematch. 

This one won't be that close. 

Guest Aledoalumni
3 hours ago, Eazy said:

Well they are Huntsville Homers so they are excited.  This senior class has been a good one but certainly the dynasty comparisons are a bit much.  Other than that, I thought their analysis was pretty good.  

I dont even consider them a region 3 powerhouse yet alone a state power. They still have work to do.