BH Vs. Manvel

BHFAN

11 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

All we do is beat Crosby in everything, but men's track. Academics, athletics, looks, on and on.šŸ˜

I agree with you for the most part. I would say with a 19 year old son though, nobody is coming to BH looking for girls except the kids from state streets in Baytown. Seems like North Shore, Atascocita and Kingwood are the places for that. With athletics I would add a disclaimer that says ā€œmainly girls sportsā€, even though weā€™ve lost to BH at multiple things the last couple of years. Crosby just had their second player in 5 years make an NFL regular season roster, had probably their 6th kid drafted to the majors after starring in the college World Series and are about to produce our first WNBA player. Again though, I agree with you. Crosby is the largest school in the district, they shouldnā€™t lose at anything to BH except girls volleyball and softball.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree with you for the most part. I would say with a 19 year old son though, nobody is coming to BH looking for girls except the kids from state streets in Baytown. Seems like North Shore, Atascocita and Kingwood are the places for that. With athletics I would add a disclaimer that says ā€œmainly girls sportsā€, even though weā€™ve lost to BH at multiple things the last couple of years. Crosby just had their second player in 5 years make an NFL regular season roster, had probably their 6th kid drafted to the majors after starring in the college World Series and are about to produce our first WNBA player. Again though, I agree with you. Crosby is the largest school in the district, they shouldnā€™t lose at anything to BH except girls volleyball and softball.Ā 

I've always thought Crosby could and should be better in boys basketball. It seems it's kind of low on the totem pole.

12 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby class this is it. Congrats on 2nd place in district and scoring 7 points on us šŸ˜‚

What I would say is congrats to BH.Ā I really wouldnā€™t poke at Crosby though. BH won the district and much like PNG if you can do that you get a much easier draw. The team BH drew in the second round had already lost to Marshall 35-8 during the regular season before Huntsville beat Marshall 35-12 in the first round, thatā€™s normally a first round game in the old format. Playoffs are about matchups and BH got a good draw before they got Manvel, couldā€™ve easily gotten A&M Con. in the second round like FB Marshall did had we been playing from a different place in the region. Again, congrats to BH. This is by far their best Ā season since they came from 3A. Watch what Crosby puts together next year if they can stay healthy though, I fully expect forĀ them at a minimum to win the region again.Ā 

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I've always thought Crosby could and should be better in boys basketball. It seems it's kind of low on the totem pole.

Yeah, we had a run where we went 32-0 or 31-1 back when Humble was in the district and lost toĀ Terry in the regional final. I believe TerryĀ either won or played for the state title that year? Youā€™re right though, baseball is higher on the totem pole that basketball is these days. There are kids I know for sure willing to come from Channelview, Baytown and CE King if Crosby gave a crap about basketball. We just have kind of a Jeff Nations situation going on with that program right now.Ā 

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You know I'm just poking fun, Crosby has had exceptional athlete's, BH has had exceptional athlete's too, but just in sports like baseball and softball.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What I would say is congrats to BH.Ā I really wouldnā€™t poke at Crosby though. BH won the district and much like PNG if you can do that you get a much easier draw. The team BH drew in the second round had already lost to Marshall 35-8 during the regular season before Huntsville beat Marshall 35-12 in the first round, thatā€™s normally a first round game in the old format. Playoffs are about matchups and BH got a good draw before they got Manvel, couldā€™ve easily gotten A&M Con. in the second round like FB Marshall did had we been playing from a different place in the region. Again, congrats to BH. This is by far their best Ā season since they came from 3A. Watch what Crosby puts together next year if they can stay healthy though, I fully expect forĀ them at a minimum to win the region again.Ā 

Win the region again? Good lord man back away from the Red cool aid. Crosby will not win District next year much less the region. I donā€™t know where you think these players are going to come from, but BH owned your Varsity, JV and Fish this year. Crosby is a long way from getting back to that level. Just like BHĀ you got a bye in week one of the playoffs. Sterling or Willowridge Ā would have placed 6th and 7th in our district. The Huntsville game which looked close on the scoreboard was never close, Crosby threw up 2 jump balls for 14 points then scored a trash TD towards the end.Ā 

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Win the region again? Good lord man back away from the Red cool aid. Crosby will not win District next year much less the region. I donā€™t know where you think these players are going to come from, but BH owned your Varsity, JV and Fish this year. Crosby is a long way from getting back to that level. Just like BHĀ you got a bye in week one of the playoffs. Sterling or Willowridge Ā would have placed 6th and 7th in our district. The Huntsville game which looked close on the scoreboard was never close, Crosby threw up 2 jump balls for 14 points then scored a trash TD towards the end.Ā 

Dang, Crosby is gonna go from losing to Vidor to winning the Region next year? They've only made to Regional finals like what twice in last 50 years? 2nd round is the Area round, maybe that's what he meant.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:56 PM, BHFAN said:

BH has beaten Crosby at every level of football pretty much every year theyā€™ve come up to 4A/5A, they just now won a couple of varsity games again. I wouldnā€™t out much emphasis on jv and freshman games. There were freshman and sophomores that wouldā€™ve started on those teams on varsity this year.Ā Yā€™all havenā€™t really been good since youā€™ve come up to 5A so IĀ know your perception of things may be distorted after one good season.Ā BH got a good draw out of a down district. Like the Manvel fans were saying during the game, ā€œBH has nothing but that qbā€. Heā€™s graduating and TW literally hasnā€™t won without a that type of running qb since he had one of the Dick brothers over a decade ago at Allen.Ā 
Ā 

Where do the players come from? IDK, but thatā€™s an odd question seeing as how Crosby will sign more kids than BH this year and definitely will next year. Collier is going to be BHā€™s first D1 signee since Dolan in probably 2011. Crosby has at least 5 of those type prospectsĀ coming back for next year alone. For a team that has the best athletes in the district itā€™s pretty dumb to ask ā€œwhere you think these players are coming fromā€.Ā 
Ā 

As far as the Huntsville game, I donā€™t the Hornets scoring with second left on the clock to take a 5 point lead at the half is never close. I donā€™t think having an opportunity to cut it to a one score game with almost halfĀ the 4th quarter left is never close. What an asinine statement to make about a kid who catches two tds on jump balls because heā€™s a better player than the guy who matched up against him, kid had almost 200 yards receiving on 6 catches. Thatā€™s called exploiting a matchup.Ā He did the exact same thing to Manvelā€™s dbs. Crosby put about 530 yards on Huntsville, Iā€™m not sureĀ FB Marshall had even 400. Iā€™m cool with that from our first year coach.Ā 
Ā 

Never being close was BH and Manvel. Down nearly 30 in the 4th quarter and having to score a late td to cut it to 20 is a lot more trash in my opinion. Crazy you say Willowridge wouldā€™ve finished 6th or 7th in our district, yet four weeks ago Manvel had to come back in the 4th quarter to beat them by 8. What does that make BH after getting mutilated all game.Ā BH couldnā€™t physically play on the same field with Manvel, why didnā€™t yā€™all just throw jump balls for tds on them like we did? Oh yeah,Ā Ā you donā€™t have those players. I would feel awfulĀ if I got destroyed like that and pay my coach over $20k more than Highland Parkā€™s coach.Ā 
Ā 

Everything youā€™ve said Crosby wouldnā€™t/couldnā€™t or canā€™t do, weā€™ve already heard and done before. Not at all worried about BH in anything but girls softball.Ā 

On 11/30/2019 at 9:09 PM, TradenupBH said:

Dang, Crosby is gonna go from losing to Vidor to winning the Region next year? They've only made to Regional finals like what twice in last 50 years? 2nd round is the Area round, maybe that's what he meant.

Yeah.Ā Angleton did something similar in 2015 after we beat them 34-0. They mightā€™ve even lost to a tram Vidor beat that same season. They finishedĀ the year something like 9-5. I think this was our 11th time to make the area round in the last 15 years, Iā€™m not confusing that with losing to Cedar Park in the semis. You should know by now that nearly everything I say on here always sounds crazy until it happens, at least it does a very high percentage of the time.Ā 

Guest Aledoalumni
7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah.Ā Angleton did something similar in 2015 after we beat them 34-0. They mightā€™ve even lost to a tram Vidor beat that same season. They finishedĀ the year something like 9-5. I think this was our 11th time to make the area round in the last 15 years, Iā€™m not confusing that with losing to Cedar Park in the semis. You should know by now that nearly everything I say on here always sounds crazy until it happens, at least it does a very high percentage of the time.Ā 

11th time to make the area round in the last 15 years. Nice. How many region titles do yall have?

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH has beaten Crosby at every level of football pretty much every year theyā€™ve come up to 4A/5A, they just now won a couple of varsity games again. I wouldnā€™t out much emphasis on jv and freshman games. There were freshman and sophomores that wouldā€™ve started on those teams on varsity this year.Ā Yā€™all havenā€™t really been good since youā€™ve come up to 5A so IĀ know your perception of things may be distorted after one good season.Ā BH got a good draw out of a down district. Like the Manvel fans were saying during the game, ā€œBH has nothing but that qbā€. Heā€™s graduating and TW literally hasnā€™t won without a that type of running qb since he had one of the Dick brothers over a decade ago at Allen.Ā 
Ā 

Where do the players come from? IDK, but thatā€™s an odd question seeing as how Crosby will sign more kids than BH this year and definitely will next year. Collier is going to be BHā€™s first D1 signee since Dolan in probably 2011. Crosby has at least 5 of those type prospectsĀ coming back for next year alone. For a team that has the best athletes in the district itā€™s pretty dumb to ask ā€œwhere you think these players are coming fromā€.Ā 
Ā 

As far as the Huntsville game, I donā€™t the Hornets scoring with second left on the clock to take a 5 point lead at the half is never close. I donā€™t think having an opportunity to cut it to a one score game with almost halfĀ the 4th quarter left is never close. What an asinine statement to make about a kid who catches two tds on jump balls because heā€™s a better player than the guy who matched up against him, kid had almost 200 yards receiving on 6 catches. Thatā€™s called exploiting a matchup.Ā He did the exact same thing to Manvelā€™s dbs. Crosby put about 530 yards on Huntsville, Iā€™m not sureĀ FB Marshall had even 400. Iā€™m cool with that from our first year coach.Ā 
Ā 

Never being close was BH and Manvel. Down nearly 30 in the 4th quarter and having to score a late td to cut it to 20 is a lot more trash in my opinion. Crazy you say Willowridge wouldā€™ve finished 6th or 7th in our district, yet four weeks ago Manvel had to come back in the 4th quarter to beat them by 8. What does that make BH after getting mutilated all game.Ā BH couldnā€™t physically play on the same field with Manvel, why didnā€™t yā€™all just throw jump balls for tds on them like we did? Oh yeah,Ā Ā you donā€™t have those players. I would feel awfulĀ if I got destroyed like that and pay my coach over $20k more than Highland Parkā€™s coach.Ā 
Ā 

Everything youā€™ve said Crosby wouldnā€™t/couldnā€™t or canā€™t do, weā€™ve already heard and done before. Not at all worried about BH in anything but girls softball.Ā 

#DelusionalĀ 

With all of this Pro/Div 1 talent and still getting that butt whooped by BH outstanding šŸ˜‚.Ā 

With all of this that you spewed you still didnā€™t answer the question. How does Crosby that canā€™t beat BH or Vidor win Region III next year? Donā€™t care about history, how many players from Crosby start in the NFL, how many more players Crosby has going to Div I college nor how much our coach makes.Your Statement is that Crosby at a minimum will win Region! You love to deflect from dumb statements you make to talk about BH, but guess what no one from BH is on here saying they would win Region III next year.Ā 

Guest Aledoalumni
18 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

That's what I was getting at, but avoided the question. Every year he hypes up Crosby and they get booted 2nd round or the fancy word : Area

I've noticed he likes to dish it out but not good at taking it. Always talking down to other programs like they are some....... Mecca or something.Ā 

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

#DelusionalĀ 

With all of this Pro/Div 1 talent and still getting that butt whooped by BH outstanding šŸ˜‚.Ā 

With all of this that you spewed you still didnā€™t answer the question. How does Crosby that canā€™t beat BH or Vidor win Region III next year? Donā€™t care about history, how many players from Crosby start in the NFL, how many more players Crosby has going to Div I college nor how much our coach makes.Your Statement is that Crosby at a minimum will win Region! You love to deflect from dumb statements you make to talk about BH, but guess what no one from BH is on here saying they would win Region III next year.Ā 

Ā Y reading 14.2s long post did i miss BH losing to Crosby this year?

On 12/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, Aledoalumni said:

I've noticed he likes to dish it out but not good at taking it. Always talking down to other programs like they are some....... Mecca or something.Ā 

I've been taking it on here for nearly a decade. I just wonder how long you've been following my work to say something like that though, lol? We have 0 state championships which is the same number everybody else currently in 5A has in this area since probably the late 70's. Matter of fact, I can't name a team in the entire Houston area currently in 5A that has a state title recently. I think Shadow Creek gets one this year before they go to 6A similarly to what George Ranch did before they moved up. Our 5A football is nowhere close to the DFW's and that's on a whole, not just Crosby.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, GCMNation5 said:

Ā Y reading 14.2s long post did i miss BH losing to Crosby this year?

Reading you post I would've thought Reggie Branch sucked. Now it looks likeĀ he'll probably be receiving offers this Spring since he escaped GCCISD. Turns out is was just GCM that made him look like that.Ā 

On 12/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, BHFAN said:

#DelusionalĀ 

Crosby's o-line coach went to CC Miller to be the OC. How can CC Miller loseĀ 72-35 to a 5 win team like Vidor was, miss the playoffs completely after a 6 win season thenĀ go 12-1 this year missing the regional final by a turnover?Ā The answer to your question is because it's next year Hawking. They also have very good talent comparable to their district the same way Crosby does. No one is predicting that at BH because no one at BH thinks y'all can. They saw how physically outmatched y'all were, same would've happened with FB Marshall, A&M Con. and Huntsville too.The Manvel fans on their thread during the game said they thought Willowridge was better than BH and said the only reason y'all were 11-1 is because y'all hadn't played anybody, which kind of rubbed me.Ā BH doesn't matchup, they're coached up which is a good thing in most cases. Now the best player you've ever had is leaving and unless y'all give another one of our kid's mom a job we're not sending you anymore.Ā 

I didn't always predict Crosby would win the region after we won district either. We've seen it done and did it without one D1 signee that year. With the way Coach P had the kids playing at the end of the season mixed with what we have coming back and the fact that we will actually have an offseason this year, I expect Crosby to be a lot better if healthy. Crosby being a lot better stratified withĀ FB Marshall and Huntsville being hit hard by graduation only leaves A&M Con. as a real worry which would be a 3rd round game as it sits now. Just like I told you how FB Marshall would win the region over Manvel after you said they were going to lose to A&M Con, I'm telling you this now so don't be surprised.Ā 

On 12/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, BHFAN said:

#DelusionalĀ 

I just want him to tell us more about how Crosbyā€™s Coach Sucks and how he shouldnā€™t have been hired! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

44 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby's o-line coach went to CC Miller to be the OC. How can CC Miller loseĀ 72-35 to a 5 win team like Vidor was, miss the playoffs completely after a 6 win season thenĀ go 12-1 this year missing the regional final by a turnover?Ā The answer to your question is because it's next year Hawking. They also have very good talent comparable to their district the same way Crosby does. No one is predicting that at BH because no one at BH thinks y'all can. They saw how physically outmatched y'all were, same would've happened with FB Marshall, A&M Con. and Huntsville too.The Manvel fans on their thread during the game said they thought Willowridge was better than BH and said the only reason y'all were 11-1 is because y'all hadn't played anybody, which kind of rubbed me.Ā BH doesn't matchup, they're coached up which is a good thing in most cases. Now the best player you've ever had is leaving and unless y'all give another one of our kid's mom a job we're not sending you anymore.Ā 

I didn't always predict Crosby would win the region after we won district either. We've seen it done and did it without one D1 signee that year. With the way Coach P had the kids playing at the end of the season mixed with what we have coming back and the fact that we will actually have an offseason this year, I expect Crosby to be a lot better if healthy. Crosby being a lot better stratified withĀ FB Marshall and Huntsville being hit hard by graduation only leaves A&M Con. as a real worry which would be a 3rd round game as it sits now. Just like I told you how FB Marshall would win the region over Manvel after you said they were going to lose to A&M Con, I'm telling you this now so don't be surprised.Ā 

If Crosby wins district, they have a chance to go 3 rounds, place 2-4 in district and your done in round 2. Mark it down, quote me, whatever. Crosby would've did the same as BH. Crosby would lose just as bad to Manvel or FB Marshall this year. BH has had the 1st round jinx and Crosby 2nd round jinx. Congrats, Crosby for the most part a one more playoff win team. Ya'll not going to no Regional Final next year. It's like pure comedy.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I've been taking it on here for nearly a decade. I just wonder how long you've been following my work to say something like that though, lol? We have 0 state championships which is the same number everybody else currently in 5A has in this area since probably the late 70's. Matter of fact, I can't name a team in the entire Houston area currently in 5A that has a state title recently. I think Shadow Creek gets one this year before they go to 6A similarly to what George Ranch did before they moved up. Our 5A football is nowhere close to the DFW's and that's on a whole, not just Crosby.

Cougar14.2, it appears that you have been taking it on here for a while...lol.

Regardless whether or not Crosby is victorious nextĀ year in District, Area, or Region, "kudos" to Crosby's football program, and others, that are getting elite athletes to the next level.Ā Only about 2% of high school athletes are awarded athletic scholarships to compete in college. Certainly, the W's matter, but at the end of the day, in my opinion, there's merit in getting kids to the next level.

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

@L-Train11, can I subtly tell these guys to move on by telling them what the date is? Wanted to make sure it's alright with you first...don't want to make anyone upset...šŸ˜‡

As long as the conversation stays civil then itā€™s not against the rules to keep talking about a game. Itā€™s also not against the rules for you to tell them to move on, so proceed if you like lol

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

As long as the conversation stays civil then itā€™s not against the rules to keep talking about a game. Itā€™s also not against the rules for you to tell them to move on, so proceed if you like lol

My problem is that this thread has had nothing to do with the game for a couple of pages