BH Vs. Manvel

BHFAN

1 hour ago, Aledoalumni said:

Do you think BH has a mental roadblock with Manvel?

No I don’t. This will only be the 2nd time BH has ever faced Manvel. Last year with how banged up we were I was shocked that we hung with them as long as we did. Building on that and coming In healthy I think the Eagles will give them all they want Friday.

6 hours ago, Football Freak said:

I think BH has a rough road to hoe w/ Manvel, but I am hoping they win. I would like to see them move into the deeper rounds of the playoffs.

You and me both lol. It’s going to be rough form this point forward. I think once you get past Thanksgiving all teams left are good with some being great. Teams that got here on pure athleticism alone will not be able to move forward with just that. Coaching becomes a huge factor that can balance out what teams may lack in other areas. 

23 hours ago, oldman said:

I think there defense is pretty good.  Yes PNG scores 35 on them but other than Magnolia that was as much as they gave up this season according to MaxPreps.

Whitehouse put up 24, but looking at box score one TD was on Kick off return.  Other than that they allowed 17.

i think they are a well rounded team.  Of course, this is my opinion based on stats I have seen.

I don’t mean their defense is bad- I mean it is the one weakness that stands out. They are still well-positioned to move on. 

Got my game tickets and ready to root on the Eagles! One more practice tomorrow Eagles make it count. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.  

Any BH folks out there have any news on Hagler? I haven’t heard anything hope he has recovered from the Whitehouse game.

18 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Going to this game and the one after. Gonna be a good Black Friday! 😁

Yes sir! Heck i’m staying for all three games! I better pack a bottle of tums from all of the crap i’ll Be eating😂 I just hope while watching the other games i’ll still have the joy of knowing the Eagles will be playing again next week 👍

Ok Thanksgiving dinner is over and i’m sitting here wondering why I went back for 3rds then eat 2 deserts! WTH is wrong with me😂. Anywho looking forward to tomorrow and hope all of the Eagles didn’t eat like I did! Go get em tomorrow Eagles!

Yes plan on going for first two maybe 3rd not as much interest in that one. North shore gets revenge on the opening game of my high school viewing by 14. Manvel athletes wise is 14 pts better but coaching wise the hill is 21 better. So the hill by 7. Ive enjoyed meeting several of you SETXers this year at games. Love to meet more. I’ll be in black cowboy hat and “y’all need Jesus “ t shirt. Say hello 

9 hours ago, coach bear said:

Yes plan on going for first two maybe 3rd not as much interest in that one. North shore gets revenge on the opening game of my high school viewing by 14. Manvel athletes wise is 14 pts better but coaching wise the hill is 21 better. So the hill by 7. Ive enjoyed meeting several of you SETXers this year at games. Love to meet more. I’ll be in black cowboy hat and “y’all need Jesus “ t shirt. Say hello 

Yeah I wish Katy was healthy. I think they are down 2 RB’s and when they played NS 1st game NS had a couple of there best players out, it’s reversed now ,so I expected NS to win by 14. About to head out and hit the Cracker Barrel in route to NRG. Safe travels everyone 

Guest Aledoalumni
9 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah I wish Katy was healthy. I think they are down 2 RB’s and when they played NS 1st game NS had a couple of there best players out, it’s reversed now ,so I expected NS to win by 14. About to head out and hit the Cracker Barrel in route to NRG. Safe travels everyone 

Have fun and safe travels! Park a little further back and walk off the feast yesterday lol! 

On 11/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, BHFAN said:

Ok my thoughts on the game. Manvel will be the favorite going in and beat BH last year 62-42. The game last year BH came in limping with a back up QB and RB stepping in to try and compete with the mighty Mavs. Even with that BH hung with Manvel till midway 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off and Manvel broke open a 31-24 game to rattle off 31 more points. This years Eagles are much improved and considerably more healthy with maybe our starting RB out. Good news for BH is Westerberg has been rotating 3 backs all year, so we are not dead in that department.

Here's the good news for BH - The Manvel Defensive can be scored on, so I don't think we will be hurt on the offensive side of the ball. Manvel doesn't have a dual threat QB this year, so you don't have to be concerned with him taking off for 6. Playing at NRG again, so no weather concerns .

Here's the bad news for BH - Manvel has 2 big fast RB's to deal with. Manvel has speed for days among their receivers. Manvel's QB although not real mobile has a good arm and is an accurate passer.

The trenches is where this game is going to be won IMO and BH has been winning that battle all year, however Manvel looks to have some beef on both sides of the line. BH will be tested in the trenches and as the game wears on one will get the upper hand late in the game.

I think BH will have to score as said above at least 40 points to win this game and my homer pick is ……… BH 48 Manvel 42

BH and Manvel have 3 like opponents this year. All this tells me is that these teams are pretty close and I expect a close game.

Crosby - BH won 28-7 & Manvel won 39-27 ( Note: Manvel game was the 1st one of the year at home and 8th game of the year for BH after Crosby got their QB cleared)

Nederland - BH won 40-14 and Manvel won 49-14 ( Note: BH beat Ned at Home and Manvel beat Nederland at Manvel)

Houston Sterling - BH won 42-0 & Manvel won 44-26 ( Note: Sterling's #1 RB was out for the BH game and Manvel was home)

Final Manvel 55 Barbers Hill 35... Lost by 20... Same as last year😂😂😂... No one I mean No one put 50+ points on Crosby! No one ever put in the 2cd and 3rd string in on Crosby. Manvel ran the clockout so we would not have time to score. See you next season! We need that trophy back. (If we in the same district.)😂😂😂 You were at the Huntsville game and you saw that wasn't the same team that lost to the blue team.✌

1 hour ago, GURU said:

Final Manvel 55 Barbers Hill 35... Lost by 20... Same as last year😂😂😂... No one I mean No one put 50+ points on Crosby! No one ever put in the 2cd and 3rd string in on Crosby. Manvel ran the clockout so we would not have time to score. See you next season! We need that trophy back. (If we in the same district.)😂😂😂 You were at the Huntsville game and you saw that wasn't the same team that lost to the blue team.✌

Crosby class this is it. Congrats on 2nd place in district and scoring 7 points on us 😂

43 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby class this is it. Congrats on 2nd place in district and scoring 7 points on us 😂

Actually I thought Huntsville just put 54 on Crosby in round 2. Oh well whatever both teams had a great year and once again congrats to BH on a district Championship and 11 wins. Hell BH might win district in all 3 major sports boys and girls.