**12-3A DI ALL-DISTRICT**

AggiesAreWe

I’ve harped on this for years and just finally gave up. When the UIL sends 4 teams per district to the playoffs they set the example. We reward mediocrity these days from the “we made the playoffs all the way down to the youth leagues “ we won the Super Bowl”. The burning question is how many didn’t make if 88 did ??

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

I’ve harped on this for years and just finally gave up. When the UIL sends 4 teams per district to the playoffs they set the example. We reward mediocrity these days from the “we made the playoffs all the way down to the youth leagues “ we won the Super Bowl”. The burning question is how many didn’t make if 88 did ??

Just a rough estimate. Let’s say every team has 35 kids on varsity. 8 team district. 280 kids total. A little over 31% of the kids made all district. Almost a third of the district made it. I don’t understand how that many can be on there. Kind of diminishes the value of it. 

On 11/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, TXHORN_ET said:

Then add all the honorable mentions and that % goes up and up and up. More than likely each coach is able to name as many of these as he wishes. Gotta keep the local fan base happy.

Pretty sure this has been the case for a number of years