Houston Strake Jesuit 63 Beaumont West Brook 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nope. He is on varsity. Played in the last two playoff games.

If you can ball it doesn't matter where you are....they will find you...referring to trying to get a free education....that's what parents should be focusing on and everything after that is truly up in the air cause I'll repeat myself...Gods Plan...

On 11/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, well well, interesting turn of events...  but some interesting news as well.  The talent level at a 6a school and a 4a DII school is a whole lot different.   You have a DI sophmore Safety that is probably a lock for that spot for the next two years.   Also, if the QB spot couldn't get beat out in Silsbee, based on what WB normally pumps out, I'm sure it'll  be EXTREMELY  difficult to beat out anyone at WB.  But....  I've been wrong before.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Wasn't you the same one that said Dillon from 4a DII WOS wouldn't start at 6a Spring Westfield. 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Classifications wasn't split back then for 4a.  

2. Dillion-Cole was going to start/started for WO-S.

I was the one who went crazy on wos fans saying he shouldn't start at WOS. He balled versus png, that sealed it for me. Get the thug out and start the boy who can win games. 

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Obviously the right choice was made as The Legendary Jack Dallas lead the Mustangs to three state championship games and a much deserved Willie Ray Smith Award over lesser players such as that one qb from Silsbee who nobody can remember. 

Then why didn't he win the WRS his senior year after leading them to the state championship?

26 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I suspect that the voters were tired of picking JD over and over. 
Plus that Tyler kid from Ozen put up some crazy yards en route to a runner up district campaign and first round playoff exit that year. 

His numbers paled in comparison.

There were much better numbers and deeper run the year before.

JD won it one year.

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting.  I can remember having this debate back during the Jack Dallas/Dontre  Thomas debate...

The whole season stats are used. Dontre had over 5,000 total yards in offense and 71 total TD's that season. JD had around 3500 yards and 33 TD's. Silsbee advanced to 4A DI Regional final, WO-S won 4A DII state championship.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The whole season stats are used. Dontre had over 5,000 total yards in offense and 71 total TD's that season. JD had around 3500 yards and 33 TD's. Silsbee advanced to 4A DI Regional final, WO-S won 4A DII state championship.

Numbers are pretty clear.. and if Dontre would have had that defense it would have been a for sure state championship for him as well.

My issue was with some of the voters. Some were ready to vote for Dontre but decided to vote for JD simply because his team won the state championship. But, the very next season those voters decided not to vote for JD even though he had similar numbers and won a state title. Tyler won it with less numbers than Dontre and a shorter playoff run.

Just didn't make much sense to me.

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Why do you say this on every thread? Geez

No, I can understand his frustration.  I don't mind when a thread is kept open, but when it is kept open by a discussion that doesn't even involve one of the teams involved about an award that was awarded 4 years ago, I can see that it is quite maddening.

Particularly as this is being kept alive by some guy, whose alma mater took advantage of the UIL's 4 team playoff rule to sneak into the playoffs and thus became bi-district cannon fodder, who has openly professed his hatred of Silsbee High. I do find it interesting that to prod the Silsbee faithful in this thread (which was created with no Silsbee Tiger involvement ever envisioned....I know...I created it!) he is using the fact that a West Orange-Stark player won this award 4 years ago over a Silsbee player.  It is interesting because this "man" has clearly indicated over the years that he has no love for West Orange-Stark and has taken every opportunity to speak ill of the West Orange-Cove ISD.

He is just a crap starter.....he has admitted so.....who continues to be a pain in my backside....and to the backside of true BC fans.

Just now, WOSgrad said:

No, I can understand his frustration.  I don't mind when a thread is kept open, but when it is kept open by a discussion that doesn't even involve one of the teams involved about an award that was awarded 4 years ago, I can see that it is quite maddening.

Particularly as this is being kept alive by some guy, whose alma mater took advantage of the UIL's 4 team playoff rule to sneak into the playoffs and thus became bi-district cannon fodder, who has openly professed his hatred of Silsbee High. I do find it interesting that to prod the Silsbee faithful in this thread (which was created with no Silsbee Tiger involvement ever envisioned....I know...I created it!) he is using the fact that a West Orange-Stark player won this award 4 years ago over a Silsbee player.  It is interesting because this "man" has clearly indicated over the years that he has no love for West Orange-Stark and has taken every opportunity to speak ill of the West Orange-Cove ISD.

He is just a crap starter.....he has admitted so.....who continues to be a pain in my backside....and to the backside of true BC fans.

I agree with all of that.. but not every other thread is like this one. It’s like nobody can comment on a thread a few days after the game without him saying something.

but I agree on all your other points.