Houston Strake Jesuit 63 Beaumont West Brook 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Welp that's incorrect. Other than Allen, Pearland and Atascocita looks like they had games in hand, a few i actually watched. I definitely wouldn't say vulnerable ALL season. 

This is the hidden content, please

Compared to what I've been accustomed to seeing out of Dickenson for the past. That's what I call vulnerable...but to me stats mean nothing come playoff time...Any giving day the best team doesn't always win....lemme say from experience I know oh so well... 

Those Fair-Weather Fans from Westbrook have gone ghost from this site. One would think they would at least come on here and

congratulate the Players, Coaching staff, Band,Stars and Cheerleaders for a good season. Those mentioned do read this site more than

you would think...jmo  

2 hours ago, JustUs said:

Those Fair-Weather Fans from Westbrook have gone ghost from this site. One would think they would at least come on here and

congratulate the Players, Coaching staff, Band,Stars and Cheerleaders for a good season. Those mentioned do read this site more than

you would think...jmo  

I’m a fair weather fan.  In my opinion it wasnt a good season because it didn’t meet the expectations that the overall team talent was capable of......and givin the way they went out was so dang ugly. And for those seniors they know that it was a let down year. I ve Been in that position before.

At least you're honest stating you're a Fair Weather Fan. Your opinion is respected that 9-3 is not a good season but I dont share your view lol.  That drubbing friday night was due to lack of mental preparation and thats on Coaching any way you want to slice it. Even some Fans were already talking about playing in NRG and hadnt played a down against Strake Jesuit...jmo..

5 minutes ago, JustUs said:

At least you're honest stating you're a Fair Weather Fan. Your opinion is respected that 9-3 is not a good season but I dont share your view lol.  That drubbing friday night was due to lack of mental preparation and thats on Coaching any way you want to slice it. Even some Fans were already talking about playing in NRG and hadnt played a down against Strake Jesuit...jmo..

Forget the fans, i was told PLAYERS were overlooking Strake all week long. 

Anyway,  looking at next year, WB returns some young RB's that seen a lot of time and was actually productive.   I don't think Anderson  will be starting at QB, but I heard there is a kid that will be nice at QB to  replace Yowman.  They'll lose the 3 headed monster at WR, but return a nice TE.  But how will they address the defensive side of the ball?  DC Change?  Different scheme?  

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Anyway,  looking at next year, WB returns some young RB's that seen a lot of time and was actually productive.   I don't think Anderson  will be starting at QB, but I heard there is a kid that will. Ebnice at QB to  replace Yowman.  They'll lose the 3 headed monster at WR, but return a nice TE.  But how will they address the defensive side of the ball?  DC Change?  Different scheme?  

They need to keep Harp and definitely change  up the scheme. I've heard everything from  Anderson, Sheldon and a QB from Silsbee starting at QB next year. 

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You not baiting me in..  

Briscoe from Silsbee is transferring to da Brook. He'll be the starting QB or Safety. Anderson will be QB 1 regardless who come if he want's the ball. Not a better athlete coming or currently there. He's already proven to win games for them when Yowman struggled against good teams in the district 

19 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

Briscoe from Silsbee is transferring to da Brook. He'll be the starting QB or Safety. Anderson will be QB 1 regardless who come if he want's the ball. Not a better athlete coming or currently there. He's already proven to win games for them when Yowman struggled against good teams in the district 

You assume he will be ruled eligible. May have to sit a year.

4 hours ago, JustUs said:

9-3 is a good record. But I believe their ceiling was a lot higher than 2 Nd round so to me not a good season.  
I agree it was mostly mental.  I don’t put it all on the coaches. I believe it was a mix on both player and coach.  I ve been in similar position as a player and coach.  As a player beating them by 40 led to feeling of ease goin into second game.    As a coach it’s not what you want because you know it’s gonna be all mental.  Mental toughness is the hardest to teach and to control.

their mental game was unprepared whether blaming coaches or players or both. It was easily seen.

i said it in an earlier post last week that this game would be mental and it started on Monday of last week

1 hour ago, Bugatti said:

Well, well well, interesting turn of events...  but some interesting news as well.  The talent level at a 6a school and a 4a DII school is a whole lot different.   You have a DI sophmore Safety that is probably a lock for that spot for the next two years.   Also, if the QB spot couldn't get beat out in Silsbee, based on what WB normally pumps out, I'm sure it'll  be EXTREMELY  difficult to beat out anyone at WB.  But....  I've been wrong before.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

That would be REALLY shady of Silsbee to complain about a move after all of the transfers in that you guys have enjoyed over the years. 

May not be up to Silsbee. DEC could rule him ineligible if it's decided he moved for athletic reasons.

Personally, I have no problem with it. But, I certainly wouldn't have put this out there before he has transferred. The young man is still playing for Silsbee.

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, well well, interesting turn of events...  but some interesting news as well.  The talent level at a 6a school and a 4a DII school is a whole lot different.   You have a DI sophmore Safety that is probably a lock for that spot for the next two years.   Also, if the QB spot couldn't get beat out in Silsbee, based on what WB normally pumps out, I'm sure it'll  be EXTREMELY  difficult to beat out anyone at WB.  But....  I've been wrong before.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Always remember a WB WR left and went to Ned, i know a little about that whole deal. WB probably could've used him. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Always remember a WB WR left and went to Ned, i know a little about that whole deal. WB probably could've used him. 

Always remember that Silsbee got Calvin Tlyer, Jordan Adams and Tre Jones who all lived in Beaumont while attending Silsbee. And Briscoe lives walking distance to West Brook right now. Mom drives him to Silsbee everyday. He should already be Bruin and not a Tiger 

6 minutes ago, Bugatti said:

Always remember that Silsbee got Calvin Tlyer, Jordan Adams and Tre Jones who all lived in Beaumont while attending Silsbee. And Briscoe lives walking distance to West Brook right now. Mom drives him to Silsbee everyday. He should already be Bruin and not a Tiger 

Interesting!!!!👀 

Speak on it more! 

10 hours ago, Bugatti said:

You do know you talking about wb.They had a kid on the sidelines that i seen with my on eyes kick a 50 yd field goal that never touch the field.At wb like i said before the best don't always play.Its a lot of parent coaching over there.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

May not be up to Silsbee. DEC could rule him ineligible if it's decided he moved for athletic reasons.

Personally, I have no problem with it. But, I certainly wouldn't have put this out there before he has transferred. The young man is still playing for Silsbee.

The DEC wouldn't make that ruling unless the coach indicated that he believed the transfer was for athletic reasons, if I'm not mistaken, right?  

And I agree... can't believe this is out there while the team in still in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The DEC wouldn't make that ruling unless the coach indicated that he believed the transfer was for athletic reasons, if I'm not mistaken, right?  

And I agree... can't believe this is out there while the team in still in the playoffs. 

Not necessarily. A coach in the district that West Brook plays in could protest the transfer to the DEC even if Silsbee coach signed off on PAPF. Happens all the time.