Carthage 55 Lumberton 17/FINAL

WOSgrad

33 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Lol why does Lumberton burn all 3 time outs at end of game just to kick a field goal down by 40

To score the most points on Carthage this season probably! And honestly if you knew this issues we’ve had with kicking this season that’s a huge deal to end the season on a made field goal

1 hour ago, texas13 said:

Carthage is a good football team. The offensive line is what I was the most impressed with. I believe they are very beatable by a team with a good front 7.(I know I’m going to catch a lot of crap for saying that) seemed like some very predictable play calling, but then again that’s the only time I have seen them play 

Its called smart coaching. Only show what you have to. Its playoffs and scouts are there... Backups went in mid 3rd. Or would've been worse.

7 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

To score the most points on Carthage this season probably! And honestly if you knew this issues we’ve had with kicking this season that’s a huge deal to end the season on a made field goal

Scoring most points against a team and losing by more than 30, means nothing. Great Lumberton thinking. 

1 hour ago, texas13 said:

Carthage is a good football team. The offensive line is what I was the most impressed with. I believe they are very beatable by a team with a good front 7.(I know I’m going to catch a lot of crap for saying that) seemed like some very predictable play calling, but then again that’s the only time I have seen them play 

Nobody done it yet...

14 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Scoring most points against a team and losing by more than 30, means nothing. Great Lumberton thinking. 

If you notice, Coach #23 only comments on Lumberton losses. Nothing but a troll looking for a reason to bash Lumberton Coaching. Clearly, he knows his stuff and should be hired on at a school near you. Lol 

Jacksonville  0

Liberty-Eylau 7

Marshall 6

Gilmer 15

Pleasant Grove 14

Van 7

Chapel Hill 14

Palestine 0

Henderson 14

Kilgore 11

Athens 14

LUMBERTON 17

Some real quality teams up there... The Train scored more than all of them. No, it wasn’t a close game, but I’m proud of our boys. Great job Raiders. 

47 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Jacksonville  0

Liberty-Eylau 7

Marshall 6

Gilmer 15

Pleasant Grove 14

Van 7

Chapel Hill 14

Palestine 0

Henderson 14

Kilgore 11

Athens 14

LUMBERTON 17

Some real quality teams up there... The Train scored more than all of them. No, it wasn’t a close game, but I’m proud of our boys. Great job Raiders. 

Not trying to run down Lumberton but the last 3 points were against 9th graders. Honestly Carthage JV could’ve beaten Lumberton. The 15 and 14 by Gilmer and PG were real. Rest of the scoring was done on the 2nd team for the most part besides maybe 7 points a game.

And to call the play calling predictable is silly. Could’ve ran sweep left and sweep right all game and won by 30. Cannot believe Lumberton was in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Not trying to run down Lumberton but the last 3 points were against 9th graders. Honestly Carthage JV could’ve beaten Lumberton.

And to call the play calling predictable to silly. Could’ve ran sweep left and sweep right all game and won by 30. Cannot believe Lumberton was in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Still scored more than everyone else. Carthage has brought in subs at the end all year. Hell, Palestine got shut out by Carthage. They beat Huffman tonight to go to the 3rd round. Good job Raiders. 

6 minutes ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Not trying to run down Lumberton but the last 3 points were against 9th graders. Honestly Carthage JV could’ve beaten Lumberton. The 15 and 14 by Gilmer and PG were real. Rest of the scoring was done on the 2nd team for the most part besides maybe 7 points a game.

And to call the play calling predictable is silly. Could’ve ran sweep left and sweep right all game and won by 30. Cannot believe Lumberton was in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It was a moral victory for them. 

8 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Wow you could have let that one slide lol. As a coach of a school that Lumberton could beat by 21, it's a good moral victory. Kids can at least say they scored the most points when they get back to school. 

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Wow you could have let that one slide lol. As a coach of a school that Lumberton could beat by 21, it's a good moral victory. Kids can at least say they scored the most points when they get back to school. 

And honestly it could have been that reason or that our kicker has had a rough season kicking and can say he ended his season on a made field goal

8 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Lumberton was in the second round because they won their first round game genius. If you want more competition in the playoffs, draw the 4th seed next year. The Raiders played one of the best teams in the state. What were they supposed to do? Not play the game because they aren't the best team in the state? Yeah, it was a tough second round draw, but they showed up and played their hearts out. Honestly, if it wasn't for several short fields due to special teams problems, Carthage doesn't score 55. On top of that, Carthage didn't look like world beaters to me. If Carthage is so good, why not pitch the shut out against them? The 1's allowed 14 points on defense. By the looks and hype of the Carthage team it should've been a 60+ point shutout but it wasn't, Lumberton did what they could and it's something those kids can take pride in. BTW, you started your post with "Not trying to run down Lumberton" then you turnaround and run Lumberton in the ground. And for what? Probably a grown man running down a bunch of kids whose playing days are over now. You should feel real good about yourself. 

32 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Lumberton was in the second round because they won their first round game genius. If you want more competition in the playoffs, draw the 4th seed next year. The Raiders played one of the best teams in the state. What were they supposed to do? Not play the game because they aren't the best team in the state? Yeah, it was a tough second round draw, but they showed up and played their hearts out. Honestly, if it wasn't for several short fields due to special teams problems, Carthage doesn't score 55. On top of that, Carthage didn't look like world beaters to me. If Carthage is so good, why not pitch the shut out against them? The 1's allowed 14 points on defense. By the looks and hype of the Carthage team it should've been a 60+ point shutout but it wasn't, Lumberton did what they could and it's something those kids can take pride in. BTW, you started your post with "Not trying to run down Lumberton" then you turnaround and run Lumberton in the ground. And for what? Probably a grown man running down a bunch of kids whose playing days are over now. You should feel real good about yourself. 

Couldn’t agree more. It’s absolutely pathetic that grown men get on here to bash the Lumberton football program and the kids. My question is for what? Lumberton is a program that has historically struggled. It’s a huge accomplishment for Lumberton to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs in consecutive seasons. Great season for the Raiders. They got beat by a team who quite possibly will be holding up the trophy as state champs at the end of the season.