Bellville 54 Jasper 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

The lack of leadership is surprising given how many seniors we had. We played good, clean football last year with one of the better teams we've ever had and I'm as disappointed as I've been in a long time that so much of that didn't carry over to this year. Hopefully the kids that are coming back learn from this and the coaches learn from it, too. I expect a young and hungry football team next year that might not put up the big numbers that we've seen the last two years, but I bet they'll be well coached. 

They will not be well coached next year... why would that suddenly change?

2 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

They will not be well coached next year... why would that suddenly change?

They seemed to be pretty well-coached last year. We weren't committing all of the penalties or turning the ball over as much. I've seen a lot of stuff on social media this morning and a lot of Jasper fans are upset about how last night went and all of the sudden they think Barbay isn't the right guy anymore to coach the team. There are some things that need to be fixed, but people are forgetting everything we went through before he got there. Overall, he's got a good program. Every level won district this year. We can't keep overreacting and running guys out of town. 

11 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

They seemed to be pretty well-coached last year. We weren't committing all of the penalties or turning the ball over as much. I've seen a lot of stuff on social media this morning and a lot of Jasper fans are upset about how last night went and all of the sudden they think Barbay isn't the right guy anymore to coach the team. There are some things that need to be fixed, but people are forgetting everything we went through before he got there. Overall, he's got a good program. Every level won district this year. We can't keep overreacting and running guys out of town. 

Yeah, I saw some Barbay bashing on the FoxApp. What’s going on with that? 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

This^

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Some guys can wring a lot of production out of a group of semi-talented kids and some guys just can't seem to win big with a bunch of talent on the field.  

I'm not sure where Barbray is. 

I don’t follow Jasper closely and really don’t know many folks from there, so I’m at a loss there. But their record has definitely improved. I’m curious what the issue is.

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

This^

I agree.... if only winning district is what your goal is, then he’s a good fit. If you guys want to be considered one of that rare group of elite teams that are in the hunt to go deep every fall and cash in every now and then, I’m not sold on him. 

It’s just unfortunate because I can freely admit that I wish we some of that Jasper talent at our disposal. And I doubt I’m alone among local schools in saying that. 

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I agree.... if only winning district is what your goal is, then he’s a good fit. If you guys want to be considered one of that rare group of elite teams that are in the hunt to go deep every fall and cash in every now and then, I’m not sold on him. 

It’s just unfortunate because I can freely admit that I wish we some of that Jasper talent at our disposal. And I doubt I’m alone among local schools in saying that. 

We beat them last night and I wish he had some of there talent lol 

15 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

By all means I would like to be posting that I was wrong bout the DAWGS. It is what it is though. Maybe, I am the only one who is willing to take my emotions out of it and tell it like it really is (or at least publicly). 

All season I have been a broken record about how undisciplined the DAWGS have played and that people were in for a let down if they thought we were making a run at state title this year. ( told yall early on the "vibe"  wasnt right with the DAWGS). As if the 115 yards in penalties is not enough, the situations at the time of penalties was crucial in the out come of the game.  I could go on but I am not other than last thing.

Bellville, you young men played a great game and the future looks bright for yall there in Brahma territory.  Congratulations on the win and wish you luck moving forward.

What’s the issue with Barbay? 

15 minutes ago, fishcat said:

I think Derril cares also but we need new offense coordinator & defense coordinator. Offense two easy to predict & defense can’t stop no body. Last night their offense would split a man out & we wouldn’t have a man on him

Haven’t y’all improved over the the time he’s been there? 

1 hour ago, NEagles95 said:

Haven’t y’all improved over the the time he’s been there? 

The whole program is better. The numbers are up as far as participation goes and every team in the program won district this year. Everybody had a rough night last night from the coaches down to the players. Nobody should condone that, but at the same time we still went 8-2 with a lot of problems on the field during games. We had higher expectations, but sometimes those don't get met. Darrell's doing a good job there and it would be a shame to run off a guy like that because people can't deal with one bad night. 

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

The whole program is better. The numbers are up as far as participation goes and every team in the program won district this year. Everybody had a rough night last night from the coaches down to the players. Nobody should condone that, but at the same time we still went 8-2 with a lot of problems on the field during games. We had higher expectations, but sometimes those don't get met. Darrell's doing a good job there and it would be a shame to run off a guy like that because people can't deal with one bad night. 

Consistency is key. Newton has had 3 coaches over the past 40 years. And everybody knows why they’re no longer there. Just bc you have a bad season doesn’t mean you fire the coaches. Look at what’s going on in Tenaha. They lost at state 2017 fired that coach. Hired another one, fired him. Got a new one and didn’t even make the playoffs this year. They have not missed a playoff since like 2005. Program is ruined. Gotta be rebuilt. 

9 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

Consistency is key. Newton has had 3 coaches over the past 40 years. And everybody knows why they’re no longer there. Just bc you have a bad season doesn’t mean you fire the coaches. Look at what’s going on in Tenaha. They lost at state 2017 fired that coach. Hired another one, fired him. Got a new one and didn’t even make the playoffs this year. They have not missed a playoff since like 2005. Program is ruined. Gotta be rebuilt. 

We went through that after our championship game appearance in 2004. Hurricane Rita had a lot to do with that after our QB transferred to Diboll, but we fell off really fast after Coach Lauve left and we went through two other coaches before Darrell came in. It can go south really quick with a series of bad decisions. Navasota is another example of that...

2 hours ago, fishcat said:

I’m going to say this then I’m through with this topic. if Derrel wants to stay in Jasper he better get better coaches to help him .I think young coaches should stay but need help in offense play calling & defense .Had to much talent & got lots coming back next year.

Isn’t his brother the OC?