Bellville 54 Jasper 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You're right. They need to be coached better. Composure and sportsmanship need to be points of emphasis up and down the program this offseason. 

The programs that are thriving now are ones that were tested and grew already during the year. You guys can’t help which District you’re lumped in, but padding your record by playing cupcakes like us in non-district doesn’t prepare the boys for the postseason. 

You guys should be locking up with some tough squads in non district and then cruising through District kinda like Newton does. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The programs that are thriving now are ones that were tested and grew already during the year. You guys can’t help which District you’re lumped in, but padding your record by playing cupcakes like us in non-district doesn’t prepare the boys for the postseason. 

You guys should be locking up with some tough squads in non district and then cruising through District kinda like Newton does. 

If you've paid attention, you know that I agree with you on this. I think we all do.

No doubt the better team won this game.  Bellville played a solid game on both sides of the ball.

As a Dog fan, I can't find much good to say about what I saw.  Lackluster, no leadership, penalties at all the wrong times...plenty of talent but no fire in their bellies that I saw.  WO-S would have beaten us by 50 this year.

Bellville has their hands full next week, but this is a classy team that plays assignment football and executes.   It will be a good game.

15 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

No doubt the better team won this game.  Bellville played a solid game on both sides of the ball.

As a Dog fan, I can't find much good to say about what I saw.  Lackluster, no leadership, penalties at all the wrong times...plenty of talent but no fire in their bellies that I saw.  WO-S would have beaten us by 50 this year.

Bellville has their hands full next week, but this is a classy team that plays assignment football and executes.   It will be a good game.

We were like this all year. It was going to catch up to us eventually and Bellville made us pay dearly. They were definitely the better team tonight and i expect them to give the Mustangs all they want next week. 

7 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

The lack of leadership is surprising given how many seniors we had. We played good, clean football last year with one of the better teams we've ever had and I'm as disappointed as I've been in a long time that so much of that didn't carry over to this year. Hopefully the kids that are coming back learn from this and the coaches learn from it, too. I expect a young and hungry football team next year that might not put up the big numbers that we've seen the last two years, but I bet they'll be well coached.