Hamshire-Fannett 72 Kountze 68/FINAL - OT

WOSgrad

HF had 4 Juniors, 5 sophomores, and 1 freshman last night. Only a couple have ever played a varsity game. New Coach with new offense/defense. Missing several varsity players that are still in football. My point to all this is they were young, inexperienced and excited and made good adjustments at halftime. Kountze has a couple of great players and pushed HF hard!!! Looking forward to many more wins from this HF group.

2 hours ago, HFHorns23 said:

HF had 4 Juniors, 5 sophomores, and 1 freshman last night. Only a couple have ever played a varsity game. New Coach with new offense/defense. Missing several varsity players that are still in football. My point to all this is they were young, inexperienced and excited and made good adjustments at halftime. Kountze has a couple of great players and pushed HF hard!!! Looking forward to many more wins from this HF group.

Ktz also had a player that got disciplined from recieving tech last week to sit a half and the 2nd half is when Joubert gave him a seat...

After winning only 4 games the last two seasons combined, HF is 2-0 this season.  Already a heck of a turnaround.  Also, what strange world do we live in where Hamshire Fannett posts back to back wins against Cleveland and Kountze and it’s not a big deal. I’m still pretty impressed with the Cleveland win, regardless of the circumstances.  They were a 16-win team last season 

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

After winning only 4 games the last two seasons combined, HF is 2-0 this season.  Already a heck of a turnaround.  Also, what strange world do we live in where Hamshire Fannett posts back to back wins against Cleveland and Kountze and it’s not a big deal. I’m still pretty impressed with the Cleveland win, regardless of the circumstances.  They were a 16-win team last season 

Don’t have Cleveland on the schedule on here, but max preps has HF beating Cleveland 87-79 at HF on Saturday in an official game.  Any HF fans have any input?

3 hours ago, HFHorns23 said:

This is a brand new program under their new head coach. HF basketball will shock a lot of people in the next few years. 

4 hours ago, HFHorns23 said:

Kountze played with 4 Sophomores and a Junior for almost 5 minutes before the 1/2 and the adjustment after the 1/2 was to man up Kountze best player. Question is why did it take a entire 1/2 for your "coach" to make the adjustment. HF kids good job. HF Coach not so good 

Edited by STL.22

39 minutes ago, STL.22 said:

Kountze played with 4 Sophomores and a Junior for almost 5 minutes before the 1/2 and the adjustment after the 1/2 was to man up Kountze best player. Question is why did it take a entire 1/2 for your "coach" to make the adjustment. HF kids good job. HF Coach not so good 

Maybe you should ask him..  Or.. volunteer to help.  I'm sure every coach in the state would love the advice of the plethora of sideline experts.  I know I would.  Sounds to me like with your advice of adjusting sooner then overtime could have been avoided altogether.  Know what.. I bet HF could go all the way.  You need to get down to that school, Shooter, and coach these kids up.  Run the "Picket Fence".  But don't you let em get caught watching the paint dry.

*Yes I made a reference to the drunk, volunteer coach in the movie 'Hoosiers' who ended up being irrelevant in the overall success of the season. 

49 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Maybe you should ask him..  Or.. volunteer to help.  I'm sure every coach in the state would love the advice of the plethora of sideline experts.  I know I would.  Sounds to me like with your advice of adjusting sooner then overtime could have been avoided altogether.  Know what.. I bet HF could go all the way.  You need to get down to that school, Shooter, and coach these kids up.  Run the "Picket Fence".  But don't you let em get caught watching the paint dry.

*Yes I made a reference to the drunk, volunteer coach in the movie 'Hoosiers' who ended up being irrelevant in the overall success of the season. 

Great flick. 

As a previous poster mentioned, HF is going to surprise some folks and will only get better if they keep their new coach around.   I haven’t met a single person I respect in the basketball community who doesn’t think Coach Rideaux can flat out coach.  

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Ran out of likes