Baytown Goose Creek Memorial (2097)

Baytown Sterling (2126)

Beaumont United (2037)

La Porte (2143)

New Caney (2052)

New Caney Porter (2132)

Pt Arthur Memorial (1997)

I assume this would be football only.

Man, all the Baytown schools in one district and GCCISD still won't have a representative in the football playoffs

8 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

I know, Right? 

We really want to be in a district with Crosby so we could at least have a chance to beat someone.

I guess you always have to look at the bright side. When you have only won 5 district games in the last 5 years "chances" are really all you have to look forward to on Friday nights. Don't worry though, we'll but up there at the next alignment wearing y'all out with transfers from your own school.

4 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Neither of the Baytown schools nor is LaPorte any good in football.  If this realignment were to happen it would be New Caney schools and GT schools making the playoffs every year. 

La Porte is a lot better at football than any of the Baytown schools have been since the Dick Olin days at Lee. Their old coach retired last year and they have a new guy this season. I bet La Porte has played in close to 25 playoff games the last 15 years, they've just had a rough past couple. They have a lot of talent for dropping a classification. I'm sure they'll be back making deep runs in a year or two, maybe next year.

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

La Porte is a lot better at football than any of the Baytown schools have been since the Dick Olin days at Lee. Their old coach retired last year and they have a new guy this season. I bet La Porte has played in close to 25 playoff games the last 15 years, they've just had a rough past couple. They have a lot of talent for dropping a classification. I'm sure they'll be back making deep runs in a year or two, maybe next year.

LaPorte hasn't had a winning season since 2016. I agree that they are better than any team the Baytown area has to offer but I don't think (even with a drop in classification) that they will make a top 4 seed. Their wins over the few years have come from weak opponents... teams I believe would do poorly in the 5A classification. I don't expect much from Sterling, GCM or Lee but LaPorte was a very good football team that I'd like to see return to the competitive level they once were.