Carthage vs Lumberton

Hagar

4 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Setx should keep in mind that there is a good chance that carthage will prolly drop to d2 next year that will most likely put a stop to silsbee r wos making it out of the region 

I wouldn’t necessarily say it puts a stop to it. WOS has fielded teams that can beat Carthage 

18 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say it puts a stop to it. WOS has fielded teams that can beat Carthage 

When WOS and Carthage were in the same region... WOS couldn't get out.  Times change and things happen but WOS's recent state titles happened after the classification split. In which separated these two schools.  

35 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

When WOS and Carthage were in the same region... WOS couldn't get out.  Times change and things happen but WOS's recent state titles happened after the classification split. In which separated these two schools.  

I feel like teams like they had when Dallas was the QB probably could’ve had a good shot. But yeah I get it

41 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I feel like teams like they had when Dallas was the QB probably could’ve had a good shot. But yeah I get it

Possibly.. but we'll never know.  I do know that my argument back then was that there were a lot of variables at play.  Specifically, had WOS been in D1 those years they would have had a much tougher road to when they would've played Carthage.  It's very rare that a team doesn't see competition until Arlington.  That makes a ton of difference.  Like I said.. Lots of things could have happened.  It's easy to speculate.

Back to the thread.  I have a sneaky suspicion that this won't be much of a game past the first couple possessions. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

That wasn’t because of Carthage. We lost before that. They always field a great team, but we’ll just play anyway if that’s ok

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

That wasn’t because of Carthage. We lost before that. They always field a great team, but we’ll just play anyway if that’s ok