Carthage vs Lumberton

Hagar

47 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Ok, everyone seems to be dodging this.  We all know this is a virtual impossible task for the Raiders.  Still, they made it to this game.  Most of us will be pulling for them. Let's talk about it.  

Let’s not use the word IMPOSSIBLE here 😂 us raiders have some faith going into this one. I know our boys were down at first but they are pretty fired up. They are wanting to make some history!

7 hours ago, BadgerNation said:

Let’s not use the word IMPOSSIBLE here 😂 us raiders have some faith going into this one. I know our boys were down at first but they are pretty fired up. They are wanting to make some history!

That’s the way the boys need to be coming out Friday night. No point in laying over and giving up.

Lumberton is not the only team in this area that would be a huge underdog to Carthage. I’m pretty sure most teams in SETX, besides a select few maybe, wouldn’t have much of a chance.

I haven’t kept up with Carthage this year but I’m sure they are the same Championship caliber team that they have been for the last decade. We get to play them at home, second round of the playoffs. It’s gonna be an awesome experience for the guys, especially seniors, win or lose.

You will find out just haw good your offense/defense  is when you play a top ranked team like Carthage. Pulling for Lumberton but Carthage will walk all over L Train. We lost to a good Gilmer team which Carthage walked all over. Carthage is the standard for 4A-1 just as WO-S is the standard for 4A-2. However, wishing L Train the best.

Boy, I’d like to see a dogfight in this one. 

A chance to knock off a legendary program in the second round in your own house.... outstanding opportunity. 

I don’t see how they can get it done, but if anybody is due for a little love from the football gods, it’s the L-train. Just need to be in it at the end. 

I've seen carthage with my own eyes 2 out of the  last 3 years.   Let me tell you.  They have athletes.  But it done stop there.  There is a reason their coach is making more than most 6a coaches.   The coaching on both sides of the ball along with the superior athletes make is almost impossible to beat them. To put it into prospective, 3 years ago, Calvin Tyler  from Silsbee ran for 300 yards on them and Silsbee still lost.  That same year, Carthage went on to win state and I don't  think they had another close game.

With that being said, L-Train has it in them for an upset just like they did against the defending state champs LaMarque, but that Lumberton team had a great defense.  Not sold on this team's defense, but what perfect way to make a believer out of everyone than to show up  in this home game.  

I've actually been invited to this game by two Lumberton  AND a Carthage fan and may take them up on that.. 

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've seen carthage with my own eyes 2 out of the  last 3 years.   Let me tell you.  They have athletes.  But it done stop there.  There is a reason their coach is making more than most 6a coaches.   The coaching on both sides of the ball along with the superior athletes make is almost impossible to beat them. To put it into prospective, 3 years ago, Calvin Tyler  from Silsbee ran for 300 yards on them and Silsbee still lost.  That same year, Carthage went on to win state and I don't  think they had another close game.

With that being said, L-Train has it in them for an upset just like they did against the defending state champs LaMarque, but that Lumberton team had a great defense.  Not sold on this team's defense, but what perfect way to make a believer out of everyone than to show up  in this home game.  

I've actually been invited to this game by two Lumberton  AND a Carthage fan and may take them up on that.. 

They knocked us out in the first round in 15. They were in a totally different level. From the custom painted Blue Bird buses to the coaching staff to fans..: they know what they’re doing and they do it very well.

They’re an extremely small 4aD1 school, but they had an unbelievable number of kids suited out.  Not just suited out, but receivers that were BUILT like D1 recruits. Lineman that, pardon me, weren’t just unathletic fat kids that look like they’re about done playing organized sports. They were an eye-opener for sure. 

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

They knocked us out in the first round in 15. They were in a totally different level. From the custom painted Blue Bird buses to the coaching staff to fans..: they know what they’re doing and they do it very well.

They’re an extremely small 4aD1 school, but they had an unbelievable number of kids suited out.  Not just suited out, but receivers that were BUILT like D1 recruits. Lineman that, pardon me, weren’t just unathletic fat kids that look like they’re about done playing organized sports. They were an eye-opener for sure. 

Yea, that's another thing.  Lots if kids they suit up.  About as many as the 6a teams I've seen this year.  

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Don’t forget special teams too.. I remember the last time silsbee played them in Lufkin, it was a blowout, I believe the year after Calvin Tyler graduated. But I remember they did two high pooch kicks that caught silsbee off guard and Carthage recovered both of them. 

Carthage has great talent, and superior coaching. It’s definitely a program on another level.

We will need to come out with a good game plan and execute it. I expect Coach Babin to throw in several kinks, maybe look for some trick plays. 

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

Don’t forget special teams too.. I remember the last time silsbee played them in Lufkin, it was a blowout, I believe the year after Calvin Tyler graduated. But I remember they did two high pooch kicks that caught silsbee off guard and Carthage recovered both of them. 

Carthage has great talent, and superior coaching. It’s definitely a program on another level.

We will need to come out with a good game plan and execute it. I expect Coach Babin to throw in several kinks, maybe look for some trick plays. 

I think Lum needs to take as long as they possibly can to score on every single drive... Just wind the clock and protect the ball. That’s really all that they have to do. 

And pray.  Pray a lot.  To Jesus, Baby Jesus, Mother Mary, Buddha, Allah, that Hindu she-god with the eight arms, and the comet that those guys in the purple Nikes were worshipping.

One thing I’m proud of is in the past y’all know Lumberton would go into this game knowing they were gonna lose. It’s the loser mentality of this town. And I’m sure for the most part the community still thinks that way. But I can guarantee that Coach Babin, along with his staff, have built this program up to have a winner’s mentality. They are preparing to go win, they are gonna be confident going in. At the end of the day for a High school football coach, it’s not always about winning championships because most coaches will never do that. It’s about preparing young men for life. And sometimes life ain’t fair, and other times in life you lose because you were simply outmatched. If we go into this game confident, executing the plan, and leave it all on the field but get beat because Carthage is just a better team, then I don’t think there is anything negative that can be said about our players or our coaching staff.

But on the other hand, if we pull off the upset, these kids will remember this for the rest of their lives. I just watched a YouTube video of highlights from when we beat Lamarque and i still get chills watching that. And I wasn’t even on the team, I was a freshmen. That’s what HS football is all about right there!

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Yea, that was the year after Tyler graduated, and that team was so good, they'd beat a lot of 6a teams.  They got to a point where they were scoring on first plays and could've easily put up 80 on Silsbee that night, No exaggerating.  I dont think I've witnessed a more dominating performance, ever . 

On 11/19/2019 at 7:22 AM, L-Train11 said:

One thing I’m proud of is in the past y’all know Lumberton would go into this game knowing they were gonna lose. It’s the loser mentality of this town. And I’m sure for the most part the community still thinks that way. But I can guarantee that Coach Babin, along with his staff, have built this program up to have a winner’s mentality. They are preparing to go win, they are gonna be confident going in. At the end of the day for a High school football coach, it’s not always about winning championships because most coaches will never do that. It’s about preparing young men for life. And sometimes life ain’t fair, and other times in life you lose because you were simply outmatched. If we go into this game confident, executing the plan, and leave it all on the field but get beat because Carthage is just a better team, then I don’t think there is anything negative that can be said about our players or our coaching staff.

But on the other hand, if we pull off the upset, these kids will remember this for the rest of their lives. I just watched a YouTube video of highlights from when we beat Lamarque and i still get chills watching that. And I wasn’t even on the team, I was a freshmen. That’s what HS football is all about right there!

*Mod Edit*  No need for that comment

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think Lum needs to take as long as they possibly can to score on every single drive... Just wind the clock and protect the ball. That’s really all that they have to do. 

And pray.  Pray a lot.  To Jesus, Baby Jesus, Mother Mary, Buddha, Allah, that Hindu she-god with the eight arms, and the comet that those guys in the purple Nikes were worshipping.

In 2007 we were playing Dayton, the year before they beat us 55-0. At our pep rally we did a little skit of David and Goliath. We beat Dayton 8-7, one of the best games of ive witnessed. So it’s always possible lol

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, that was the year after Tyler graduated, and that team was so good, they'd beat a lot of 6a teams.  They got to a point where they were scoring on first plays and could've easily put up 80 on Silsbee that night, No exaggerating.  I dont think I've witnessed a more dominating performance, ever . 

That team was unbelievable! Only thing silsbee could do was the occasional deep ball to Barnes because of his speed. Ingram for Carthage looked like Adrian Peterson out there running the ball, and that qb was very accurate 

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

That team was unbelievable! Only thing silsbee could do was the occasional deep ball to Barnes because of his speed. Ingram for Carthage looked like Adrian Peterson out there running the ball, and that qb was very accurate 

No, it was the younger Brother Ingram at WR that was working that secondary over.  Big Bro did a little.  That was a long drive back from Lufkin that night...  lol