Newton vs Troup

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Troup  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 hours ago, Old school eagle said:

Newton's own radio announcers have been predicting the plays right before the ball is snapped all year and I don't remember them ever being wrong.

I haven’t been but to 3 games this year, shamefully, but I watched the game Thursday on Texan Live and even I could tell what the plays were. I’m absolutely not an expert by any means. Very predictable. 

17 hours ago, Northtexasfootball.com said:

What I understand from the players is that Newton likes to run out of a tight wing or a tight slot. They told me that Newton likes to flip the wing or slot at the line of scrimmage. When Newton does that both players will line up on the line of scrimmage and instead of staying in the wing or slot. When that happens it becomes a illegal formation to throw out of. Therefore the strong side Corner-back and Strong Safety doesn't have to cover anyone and can blitz.  That is only one of number of ways they said they telegraphed the play. I hope yall get these issues worked out and see yall at state again. But it will be a tough road though East Bernard at has only allowed like 75 points all season.

1 hour ago, NetCat said:

Draw it up and post it, we'll let you know

I really don't know how to draw it up. I do know that when the slot-back or wing back gets on the line of scrimmage it covers up whomever is on their inside or if they are on the inside they are covered up. They would just be lineman and not be able to go out for passes. I know it is clear as mud the way I put it  and that is why I sent Northtexasfootball.com quote.

4 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

I really don't know how to draw it up. I do know that when the slot-back or wing back gets on the line of scrimmage it covers up whomever is on their inside or if they are on the inside they are covered up. They would just be lineman and not be able to go out for passes. I know it is clear as mud the way I put it  and that is why I sent Northtexasfootball.com quote.

So you are telling us that you are also @Northtexasfootball.com?

7 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

If you can describe it you can draw it lol

Don’t know of any formation that is illegal to throw out of, to the best of my knowledge every formation has to have seven men on line of scrimmage and four off the line with everybody off the line eligible plus the last one on each end of the line being eligible. That is how you get a tackle eligible by not having anyone on the line outside of him and tell the ref.

4 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Don’t know of any formation that is illegal to throw out of, to the best of my knowledge every formation has to have seven men on line of scrimmage and four off the line with everybody off the line eligible plus the last one on each end of the line being eligible. That is how you get a tackle eligible by not having anyone on the line outside of him and tell the ref.

I never was saying you couldn't pass. I was saying that if you switched two of your halfbacks to the line of scrimmage having nine offensive lineman legally, you will lose two receivers  each time you do this. That could have the defense blitzing every time knowing that it would be two less people to have in pass coverage. Unless I am wrong and I don't think I am ,rules for offensive linemen are  that you have a minimum of 7 and the outside person on each side of offensive line is an eligible receiver. Whatever, I saw exactly what  northtexasfootball.com said and I am through. Get a laugh out of it

4 hours ago, jimmyw said:

I never was saying you couldn't pass. I was saying that if you switched two of your halfbacks to the line of scrimmage having nine offensive lineman legally, you will lose two receivers  each time you do this. That could have the defense blitzing every time knowing that it would be two less people to have in pass coverage. Unless I am wrong and I don't think I am ,rules for offensive linemen are  that you have a minimum of 7 and the outside person on each side of offensive line is an eligible receiver. Whatever, I saw exactly what  northtexasfootball.com said and I am through. Get a laugh out of it

Not trying to get a laugh, jimmy just saying you have to have seven lineman, no more, no less and four off the line. Anything else is an illegal formation.

22 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Would it matter who is saying what, if this information is actually good information ? I just want Newton to be on a level playing field and if the other team knows that out of certain formations all options are not open to Newtons playbook. You send two blitzers  and the offensive line is immediately outnumbered on what to block. Just back the backs off the line of scrimmage (same allignment just backed up into HB positions.) problem solved or am I wrong.

What is HB positions?

1 hour ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

What is HB positions?

On 11/19/2019 at 9:30 PM, Northtexasfootball.com said:

What I understand from the players is that Newton likes to run out of a tight wing or a tight slot. They told me that Newton likes to flip the wing or slot at the line of scrimmage. When Newton does that both players will line up on the line of scrimmage and instead of staying in the wing or slot. When that happens it becomes a illegal formation to throw out of. Therefore the strong side Corner-back and Strong Safety doesn't have to cover anyone and can blitz.  That is only one of number of ways they said they telegraphed the play. I hope yall get these issues worked out and see yall at state again. But it will be a tough road though East Bernard at has only allowed like 75 points all season.

Wing back or slot back .Spent  way to much time on this, want do it again