Newton vs Troup

EAGLEFOREVER

Newton vs Troup  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

33 minutes ago, bd04 said:

Should win. 

From the highlights I've watched,  Troups quarterback likes to stand in the pocket and pick his receivers. Deason , vess seems to be his favorite targets. I'd be surprised if he gets that much time. He'll take of with it as well sometimes, by design. Running backs don't seem to be that fast or very big. If Newton gets every one back and can hold on to the football and limit the penalty yards. They should roll. 

17 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Without your starting QB

On 11/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, Amphibious Rodent said:

From the highlights I've watched,  Troups quarterback likes to stand in the pocket and pick his receivers. Deason , vess seems to be his favorite targets. I'd be surprised if he gets that much time. He'll take of with it as well sometimes, by design. Running backs don't seem to be that fast or very big. If Newton gets every one back and can hold on to the football and limit the penalty yards. They should roll. 

To many if's in there for me, I hope they play aggressive football and if (if again ) they play aggressive, we will win.🤞

Im from Gilmer, our coaches knew the play book and our players saw every play coming. If Newton does anything this year it will be on the back of their defense. The OC is telegraphing every play. It looks like other teams are figuring it out now as well not just us. Hemphill, Anderson-Shiro, and New Diana. 

10 hours ago, Northtexasfootball.com said:

Im from Gilmer, our coaches knew the play book and our players saw every play coming. If Newton does anything this year it will be on the back of their defense. The OC is telegraphing every play. It looks like other teams are figuring it out now as well not just us. Hemphill, Anderson-Shiro, and New Diana. 

Please, tell me how we are telegraphing  every play and I will relay it to one of the coaches. Man, that would help us to the tune of 35-55  points per game . It would really help us and we probably want play each other again for several years if ever again. We all agree, to far away. Again, give us some tips, are they intercepting our signals or are we doing something with our alignments. Are we just to repetitive. I am confused. Just let us know and that will help

8 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

poll with in a poll:

The one person who picked troup to win in the poll is :

A. A Troup fan

B. A Newton Hater

C. All of the Above

A Daingerfield fan worried about the Purple Beast from the southeast. Them Purple Eagles are  ready for Troup One game at a time, Troup, you are up. Daingerfield going to all night prayer service to get some calmness over that Purple Eagle Train coming through Tigerland

11 hours ago, jimmyw said:

Please, tell me how we are telegraphing  every play and I will relay it to one of the coaches. Man, that would help us to the tune of 35-55  points per game . It would really help us and we probably want play each other again for several years if ever again. We all agree, to far away. Again, give us some tips, are they intercepting our signals or are we doing something with our alignments. Are we just to repetitive. I am confused. Just let us know and that will help

What I understand from the players is that Newton likes to run out of a tight wing or a tight slot. They told me that Newton likes to flip the wing or slot at the line of scrimmage. When Newton does that both players will line up on the line of scrimmage and instead of staying in the wing or slot. When that happens it becomes a illegal formation to throw out of. Therefore the strong side Corner-back and Strong Safety doesn't have to cover anyone and can blitz.  That is only one of number of ways they said they telegraphed the play. I hope yall get these issues worked out and see yall at state again. But it will be a tough road though East Bernard at has only allowed like 75 points all season.

14 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Gilmer has 788 kids in High School, Newton has 285 kids. That may have a something to do with Gilmer winning.

No I believe y'all had the better talented players. Yalls D is amazing and we couldn't move the ball on y'all very well. Yalls O is what sucked we knew what y'all were running. I don't think it matters how many kids we have unless you are looking for an excuse. Everyone you played in the per season was bigger than Newton. 

16 minutes ago, Northtexasfootball.com said:

No I believe y'all had the better talented players. Yalls D is amazing and we couldn't move the ball on y'all very well. Yalls O is what sucked we knew what y'all were running. I don't think it matters how many kids we have unless you are looking for an excuse. Everyone you played in the per season was bigger than Newton. 

Thanks, I will relay this to a coach and if you have anymore nuggets  of wisdom that might help keep defenses honest against us,  I sure would appreciate it.Thanks, I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Northtexasfootball.com said:

What I understand from the players is that Newton likes to run out of a tight wing or a tight slot. They told me that Newton likes to flip the wing or slot at the line of scrimmage. When Newton does that both players will line up on the line of scrimmage and instead of staying in the wing or slot. When that happens it becomes a illegal formation to throw out of. Therefore the strong side Corner-back and Strong Safety doesn't have to cover anyone and can blitz.  That is only one of number of ways they said they telegraphed the play. I hope yall get these issues worked out and see yall at state again. But it will be a tough road though East Bernard at has only allowed like 75 points all season.

Newton poster being incognito.

15 hours ago, Northtexasfootball.com said:

13 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Newton poster being incognito.

Would it matter who is saying what, if this information is actually good information ? I just want Newton to be on a level playing field and if the other team knows that out of certain formations all options are not open to Newtons playbook. You send two blitzers  and the offensive line is immediately outnumbered on what to block. Just back the backs off the line of scrimmage (same allignment just backed up into HB positions.) problem solved or am I wrong.

10 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Would it matter who is saying what, if this information is actually good information ? I just want Newton to be on a level playing field and if the other team knows that out of certain formations all options are not open to Newtons playbook. You send two blitzers  and the offensive line is immediately outnumbered on what to block. Just back the backs off the line of scrimmage (same allignment just backed up into HB positions.) problem solved or am I wrong.

Draw it up and post it, we'll let you know

45 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

31 minutes ago, NetCat said:

Draw it up and post it, we'll let you know

6 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Well I guess you are a coach then, I got an idea,you figure it out. After all you are getting paid and I'm retired.

I'm not. Draw up the formation and the board here will tell you if it's legal or not. I thought you wanted an answer?