Crosby vs Huntsville

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

You’re talking about one or two idiots who were immediately and unequivocally lambasted from all sides, most forcefully by PNG fans. And you’re talking about a fanbase that has been loyal for nearly a century, through all kinds of success and failure. Crosby had about five minutes of success and became so unbearably obnoxious that it’s now something of a joke; then Crosby had about five minutes of failure and collectively lost its mind. Now things are looking ok and suddenly it’s the Mecca all over again. 
And, it’s not a glass house, it’s a teepee, and it’s holding up fine. Good luck in the playoffs, we’ll always be back next year.

All success to Crosby come Friday. 

There was one guy who tried to get y’alls goat with the MECCA stuff years ago(his kid walked on and earned a scholarship and just had Senior Day) and everyone took the bait hook line and sinker lol.  14.2 gets on here and tries to give and honest opinion based on numbers and people destroy him.  Personally I don’t know the head coach from Adam.  I went to the Vidor game and it was hard to watch.  Not because it was Vidor, the kids played with no emotion and I had never seen that from a Crosby team I’ve been watching for a while now.  Your fan base is loyal, as long as you beat Nederland, good thing Neumann retired!

Just now, CougarCal said:

There was one guy who tried to get y’alls goat with the MECCA stuff years ago(his kid walked on and earned a scholarship and just had Senior Day) and everyone took the bait hook line and sinker lol.  14.2 gets on here and tries to give and honest opinion based on numbers and people destroy him.  Personally I don’t know the head coach from Adam.  I went to the Vidor game and it was hard to watch.  Not because it was Vidor, the kids played with no emotion and I had never seen that from a Crosby team I’ve been watching for a while now.  Your fan base is loyal, as long as you beat Nederland, good thing Neumann retired!

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I’m rooting for Crosby, but there is a lot of delusional Crosby fans. 2 things Crosby don’t like is bad weather and getting punched in the mouth. Me thinks both could happen Saturday😆

You not rooting for Crosby... Read your post. Im rooting for BH. The more 12-5a wins the stronger our district looks. The better opporunities for our kids! 

On 11/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, #COUGAR08 said:

After some thought, 42 may be far fetched.. we will add another 3 from our all state kicker. Make it 45...  i dont too much care what/who they played last week or any other week this season for that matter, I'm living in the NOW, we looked to be following in the same path as last year after our rocky start, and a loss to the 2nd worse team in district (all respect Vidor Nation) now all of the sudden we found light and are firing on 3/4 cylinders. I say if we can tighten up on the passing D then we have a really great shot at not only pounding the Hornets but hanging FORTYFIVE on em to!

#CODERED #THISISCROSBY #GOCOUGARS #GBOGH 

Oh yea

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The biggest detractors against Crosby this season have been Crosby fans themselves. I’ve never seen a fan base get so immediately hostile to a program. It’s like Crosby’s ability to keep people excited about football is directly related to Crosby’s ability to manage a budget. 

Thats the dumbest reason ever. The program leaving was the problem not the budget. Fear of the uknown. Thats why gossip is bad. Its more to Crosby than Football!

9 minutes ago, GURU said:

You not rooting for Crosby... Read your post. Im rooting for BH. The more 12-5a wins the stronger our district looks. The better opporunities for our kids! 

I am promise👍 Just hard to read some of the crazy predictions. If Crosby wins this game it would be a big upset IMO. Doesn’t mean it can’t be done though.

I see talk of the qb coming back and while he’s better than the backup I’ll also point a couple of things out. Huntsville’s qb got hurt against Lake Creek a few weeks ago and missed the last game of the season, he played in the rest. In the full games he’s played he averages about 175ypg passing and has 11 tds with 7 ints. He has 129 rushing yards on the season and is not a running threat at all except around the goal line. 5 of those tds passes came against struggling Cleveland, 4 of the ints came against Cons. though. FBW’s qb is a better prospect, plus the Hornets only average 93ypg rushing as a team. Huntsville’s o-line is good size but I honestly feel their offense is a better matchup for Crosby’s defense than FBW’s was. 

All that being said, it doesn’t matter if Crosby can gets stops if they can’t score themselves. I think this is where the Crosby athletes come into play though. We may not be able to run the ball with much consistency against their front but we may be able to hit 5 or 6 big plays which is all we might need. They only averaged about 25ppg against the playoff teams on their schedule and the qb played in all of them except PNG. I expect this one to be pretty tight unless Crosby turns it over.

10 hours ago, GURU said:

I agree,root for our districts teams, good for us to fight during regular season but come together for playoffs just like a typical dysfunctional family. Fight like cats and dogs til someone says something about our family/district then we bound. I personally cheer for all teams in Texas and Louisiana. I got a UT degree, Southwest Texas st degree and UH masters, but my son is engineering honors at AM. I’ve coached players that went to UT, AM, S MU, Baylor , Tech, TCU, LSU, Mcneese, Northwest, and Tulane. I’m waiting for Texas and Louisiana to secede. Go Hill, Go Coogs.👍✝️🐻

Just to clarify, the Huntsville QB was hurt in the first half of the 2nd game of the season against PNG.  It was an ankle injury.  He missed the College Station game, and then played about 4 District games.  He clearly was not 100% and the backup QB played the last 2 District games.  The main running back has also missed a lot of games, so yes the offense has struggled to stay on the field at times.  All those season stats cited in an earlier post won’t mean anything on Saturday.  The Hornets appear to finally be healthy again and it showed last week against Marshall.  

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

I agree,root for our districts teams, good for us to fight during regular season but come together for playoffs just like a typical dysfunctional family. Fight like cats and dogs til someone says something about our family/district then we bound. I personally cheer for all teams in Texas and Louisiana. I got a UT degree, Southwest Texas st degree and UH masters, but my son is engineering honors at AM. I’ve coached players that went to UT, AM, S MU, Baylor , Tech, TCU, LSU, Mcneese, Northwest, and Tulane. I’m waiting for Texas and Louisiana to secede. Go Hill, Go Coogs.👍✝️🐻

🙏 God bless the Cougar's God bless the Hill!!!

2 hours ago, Eazy said:

Just to clarify, the Huntsville QB was hurt in the first half of the 2nd game of the season against PNG.  It was an ankle injury.  He missed the College Station game, and then played about 4 District games.  He clearly was not 100% and the backup QB played the last 2 District games.  The main running back has also missed a lot of games, so yes the offense has struggled to stay on the field at times.  All those season stats cited in an earlier post won’t mean anything on Saturday.  The Hornets appear to finally be healthy again and it showed last week against Marshall.  

Not sure where you’re getting your info? Matthew Southern went 32-44 for 301 yards with 1 td and 1 int in a 29-13 loss to College Station. If he played 2 quarters against PNG it was the only game all season he didn’t register a single passing attempt or rushing yards. He was hurt against Lake Creek on the first drive and had a stat line of 1-2 for 3 yards, he missed the Rudder game that followed.  He was 12-21 for 147 yards and 0 tds against Marshall last week. They probably only had 270 yards of total offense. 

Huntsville’s stud rb graduated last year. Neither the Riggins or Meyers kid they have running the ball will be much of a factor for Crosby, Huntsville’s rb would probably only start for 3 teams in our district. 

I agree all those stats don’t mean anything, I’m just tying to figure out how someone has looked at what Huntsville has done this year and think they’ll roll Crosby. They haven’t blown out anybody except bad teams. I wouldn’t call a one score game in the 4th with Marshall until the wr playing qb threw a terrible pick a real blowout. Seems like people are basing their opinions off last year when they had a lot better players. If Marshall’s qb hadn’t transferred this year I don’t think Huntsville would’ve stayed anywhere close to them.