Crosby vs Huntsville

Cougar14.2

Ok, well I stand corrected.  Maybe it was the very first game that the QB was injured.  He missed a non District game, must have been PNG.  Supposedly they weren’t going to play him until district started, but apparently he did play against CS.  Long time ago. The point is the Hornets appear to finally have everybody back for the playoffs.  Most of their impact players are seniors and were on the team last year.  I’m not predicting a blow out, but I do think that both sides of the ball will do enough and Huntsville advances.  

44 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

For the record I don’t think the Hornets will blow out Crosby. I just think Crosby will struggle against their Defense. I also think Crosby’s defense will slow but not stop the Hornets. 

Iunno this has the feel of a 14-7 playoff game.

so obviously it’ll be 49-42 because we all think these defenses are good and offense are bad.

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

Ok, well I stand corrected.  Maybe it was the very first game that the QB was injured.  He missed a non District game, must have been PNG.  Supposedly they weren’t going to play him until district started, but apparently he did play against CS.  Long time ago. The point is the Hornets appear to finally have everybody back for the playoffs.  Most of their impact players are seniors and were on the team last year.  I’m not predicting a blow out, but I do think that both sides of the ball will do enough and Huntsville advances.  

This is exactly my point. ALL of their impact players are seniors this year and they've still performed the way they have. They had a rb that ran for about 1,200 yards and a receiver that had about 1,200 yards. It looks more to me like they miss those gamebreakers than anything having to do with health. They also had a four star d-linemen who's now at Texas that the rest of the defense could play off of, a kid like Sweat makes all your defensive linemen as well as the secondary better. Huntsville is just big on the defensive line, I don't think they have an advantage anywhere else on the field. Maybe the qbs are a toss-up but I would take Branch's 21 carries for 233 yards and 5tds in bi-district over Southern's stat line from Marshall which is pretty much how his numbers have looked all year except for CS where they trailed the whole game and he put up a bunch of passing yards.

All I can say is that Crosby is playing with a bunch of confidence right now. It looks like Coach Prieto has given up the play-callling duties and the offense is performing a lot better. I never feel good about second round games based on Crosby's history in them but I will say I haven't been this optimistic about our opportunities in one since 2009.  

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

All I can say is that Crosby is playing with a bunch of confidence right now. It looks like Coach Prieto has given up the play-callling duties and the offense is performing a lot better.

Hold up wait a minute here. 

you got a source for this info because if that’s true then when did it happen? 

34 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Iunno this has the feel of a 14-7 playoff game.

so obviously it’ll be 49-42 because we all think these defenses are good and offense are bad.

Yup, seen it many times. Think it will be a defensive battle then it turns out to be a shoot out😂 looks like the weather is getting better for this game! It was coming in Saturday, but now the rain looks to hit Friday👍

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yup, seen it many times. Think it will be a defensive battle then it turns out to be a shoot out😂 looks like the weather is getting better for this game! It was coming in Saturday, but now the rain looks to hit Friday👍

Well shoot 70-42 it is I guess

Edited by Bigdog
Language!

2 hours ago, Eazy said:

I find it funny that this site gives 14.2 so much crap for quoting stats to base his opinion.  Then others like this give their opinion based on what they “thought” happened or what was “supposedly” going to happen. I commend you for correcting yourself, but now I wonder if you have ever seen Huntsville play ?  If you haven’t, how can you say the QB was “clearly was not 100%” ?  

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I find it funny that this site gives 14.2 so much crap for quoting stats to base his opinion.  Then others like this give their opinion based on what they “thought” happened or what was “supposedly” going to happen. I commend you for correcting yourself, but now I wonder if you have ever seen Huntsville play ?  If you haven’t, how can you say the QB was “clearly was not 100%” ?  

I like 14.2 pov

3 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I mean, I think the playbook got opened up a lot this last week but haven’t heard word one about the idea that new play caller was doing things.

I have zero information on who calls plays now. I’m basing it off who did what on the sideline when Crosby had the ball earlier in the year and who did what when Crosby had the ball Friday. It was noticed later in the game so maybe Coach P still does call plays and this was just the case because we were blowing them out but we look like old Crosby Friday. That’s really all I care to say about it. I’ll just say I give our new head coach credit for taking us from looking like dumpster fire to just flat out being on fire. 

Quote from Marshall poster regarding their game against Huntsville last week: “As long as Crosby can block that D line they should win big. Marshall’s defense was just bad last week and it was 6-7 at the half. Marshall’s D hasn’t been great all year, we just out scored. We were one dimensional just running. Huntsville’s passing game was pretty bad. QB missed a lot of open WRs.” 

IDK if I agree with him about winning big but this is what I was pointing out in an earlier post about Huntsville’s performance. I realize there’s probably going to be some bias in his assessment considering he’s a Marshall fan but Marshall is a pretty reasonable comparison to what Crosby currently puts on the field.