Participation trophy

This is a big deal in football and I noticed in all sports out in west Texas and the metroplex.  I was at our regional qtfinal volleyball game last week at aledo and it was unreal the amount the gold footballs they had and then right after the volleyball game our girls got a gold volleyball (Grant it was blank so they could add whatever on it).  

me personally in baseball I never played for one at the end of the year we ordered a gold glove and put the kids name on it and how far we went in the playoffs 

but this is a very common practice and has been for years 

23 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I truly had no idea this kind of thing went on. Earning a gold trophy for winning a state title seems a little less special, now, if you have all those other ones. Just my thoughts.

The special thing for winning state is the rings. 

No matter how watered down the UIL make the playoffs, bottom line is you have to win and if you win you get a trophy. You are the champion of that round. Also, if you win that round and get a trophy the big deal is you get to go to the next round. I see no participation trophy for the losing team.