BH Vs. Whitehouse (Area)

BHFAN

Great win by the Eagles last night putting up 420 yards off offense and only allowing 115 yards on Defense! Now on to area which will be played at NRG Friday at 7:30 against a solid Whitehouse team.  Looking at there highlights they are very similar to BH. They have a good dual threat QB that makes good decisions and runs out of the spread effectively supported by a good O line. They also have a good RB with break away speed that they run the jet sweep with quite a bit. It's hard to tell with just film, but I believe we are bigger and better in the trenches which should give BH the advantage. I also think we will be a bigger more physical team over all, but we will again have to play lights out defense because they are like us very versatile and have many ways to hurt you. Defensively Whitehouse is not bad, so this should be a great game to see.  

Whitehouse is 8-3

lost to Henderson 23-0 (1st game of the year), Melissa 36-14 (3rd game of the year) and Marshall in district 35-8

Had a lot of tight wins against Chapel Hill 46-39, Jacksonville 25-13, Nacogdoches 19-14, Lindale 43-36 & Hallsville 28-21

If BH plays a mistake free solid game I think the Eagles advance to round 3.

Goodluck BH practice your butts off this week and lets keep rolling!

I also noticed that Whitehouse is on some what of a Cinderella season.  They went to the playoffs like us last year and lost. They only returned 2 on Offense and 6 on Defense and were picked to place 5th in their district.Not sure if their QB was a surprise this year, but the videos I saw on him he looks pretty good. Anyway looking forward to a real playoff game since last week just didn’t have the feel of one. Hope Whitehouse travels well and we get NRG rocking!

25 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I also noticed that Whitehouse is on some what of a Cinderella season.  They went to the playoffs like us last year and lost. They only returned 2 on Offense and 6 on Defense and were picked to place 5th in their district.Not sure if their QB was a surprise this year, but the videos I saw on him he looks pretty good. Anyway looking forward to a real playoff game since last week just didn’t have the feel of one. Hope Whitehouse travels well and we get NRG rocking!

Why didn’t it feel like a playoff game? Did BH fans not show up? 

48 minutes ago, Blockdownandkickout! said:

Why didn’t it feel like a playoff game? Did BH fans not show up? 

No, BH showed up but Sterling had about 20 fans and their  Band and Cheer didn’t showed up till half time.  Felt bad for them, the BH crowd actually cheered Sterling when they took the field because they had nobody.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

No, BH showed up but Sterling had about 20 fans and their  Band and Cheer didn’t showed up till half time.  Felt bad for them, the BH crowd actually cheered Sterling when they took the field because they had nobody.

got ya, I'm used to that, lol going to a Baytown sterling game is the same thing, more band parents and cheer parents than football parents. My Son graduated and I haven't been back but I have heard sterling hasn't changed under toomer. 

6 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

BH should be a heavy favorite here. Hope they can show their potential. One bad game and your done, so keep it squared up, and don't overlook this team eagles.

I just hope the lights and glitter of NRG doesn’t distract what we are here for. I think though with Westerberg he has been there and done that, so he should be able to keep them focused. Should be a good game , but hope we come out hitting on all 8! 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I just hope the lights and glitter of NRG doesn’t distract what we are here for. I think though with Westerberg he has been there and done that, so he should be able to keep them focused. Should be a good game , but hope we come out hitting on all 8! 

Well one thing is for sure BH is used to playing in doors - I worked a lot of graveyards to pay for that facility- lol.  The fact that BH is a well rounded team , Offense, defense and special teams is going to play heavy in their favor. The Eagles take this round !

2 hours ago, BH85 said:

Hopefully they don't have another Mahomes at QB. He had around 50 TDs his senior year there.

Yeah their QB can do it all! In that last game the kid threw fir 141 yards, rushed for 126 and even caught a freaking TD!!! BH D will have to pressure him all night. They love running that jet sweep then when you bite he keeps it and runs up the middle. D line will have to keep the gaps small and have a LB spy that. Our DB’s will have to play physical to get off the blocks in the edges. 

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah their QB can do it all! In that last game the kid threw fir 141 yards, rushed for 126 and even caught a freaking TD!!! BH D will have to pressure him all night. They love running that jet sweep then when you bite he keeps it and runs up the middle. D line will have to keep the gaps small and have a LB spy that. Our DB’s will have to play physical to get off the blocks in the edges. 

BH D-Line should be up to the task. They move very well. I don't see a jet sweep alone being able to beat them

Almost there Eagles! Let’s make more history tomorrow! Last time the Eagles went to round 3 was at least 15 years ago and I was there then and will be there tomorrow. I don’t recall the year but I think last time we hit round three we were in 3A and beat Cameron Yoe to play the Robison   Rockets in the Astro Dome on that old jacked up Astro turf 😂

From Twitter 

Play-Off Game Info:

*Nov 22nd@ 7:30PM

*NRG Stadium

*Enter off Kirby(South Side)

*Gate 9(Blue Lot)

*Tickets at the Gate-$15

*Tickets may be purchased @BHISD Tax Office, Tues-Thurs, 8-4, Fri, 8-2

Presale ticket-$6 students, $13 adults

*$15 parking

*Clear Bag Policy Enforced⬇️