Manvel 49 Nederland 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, GURU said:

We didn't even make the playoff's last year and we beat every team that we lost 2 last year except BH. We didn't have a coach until May no off season @ all and we still placed 2cd. I was frustrated many games because I knew the potential of the kids. They work hard daily and I refuse to let someone say they suck with the unfourtunate hand they were dealt. Who cares about losing to Vidor?? We are the 2cd seed after all the smoked cleared. If you a true Cougar you understand the adversity those kids over came. Go to Chappel Hill with your Hero!

Go Couagars!

Put your money where your mouth is.

MY MONEY ON CROSBY TONIGHT!

Exactly, same situation as Riordan who was hired right around the beginning of March in 2012. We lost the opener to a good Ned team and finished the season 8-4. Lost to Manor after blowing a second half lead, Manor won the region. We looked good all year though. Crosby was ranked #2 in the state last year, if Howard doesn’t tear his ACL Crosby goes 10-0 for the second time under Rio. That’s even with the financial cloud. You should be concerned if you had to go to overtime with a team that just lost by 35. 

The kids don’t suck at all, I’ve said continuously that Crosby has the most talent in the district. These kids didn’t go through any adversity, they didn’t have their school shot up like Santa Fe. They weren’t flooded out of their homes like Vidor. If you’re calling 40 kids in a classroom, double stacked busses or not or kneel in the ball at the end of the game adversity then ok, but hiring a coach in May isn’t. 

With that being said I’ll ask you. Why did Crosby until about 2 weeks ago continuously kill themselves with pre-snap penalties? How do you show up for a district championship game and get destroyed by a mediocre team? With the best talent in the district, why are we playing a toss up game with basically and inner-city HISD school? Crosby fans used to think this was a bad thing, I guess now we’re supposed to be excited for finishing second in maybe worst district in the region. 

1 hour ago, GURU said:

We didn't even make the playoff's last year and we beat every team that we lost 2 last year except BH. We didn't have a coach until May no off season @ all and we still placed 2cd. I was frustrated many games because I knew the potential of the kids. They work hard daily and I refuse to let someone say they suck with the unfourtunate hand they were dealt. Who cares about losing to Vidor?? We are the 2cd seed after all the smoked cleared. If you a true Cougar you understand the adversity those kids over came. Go to Chappel Hill with your Hero!

Go Couagars!

Put your money where your mouth is.

MY MONEY ON CROSBY TONIGHT!

My bad, we hired Rio in January. I was thinking about when when he left. Still the same situation though. We didn’t play Spring ball so that we could have the two preseason scrimmages like we did this year. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Exactly, same situation as Riordan who was hired right around the beginning of March in 2012. We lost the opener to a good Ned team and finished the season 8-4. Lost to Manor after blowing a second half lead, Manor won the region. We looked good all year though. Crosby was ranked #2 in the state last year, if Howard doesn’t tear his ACL Crosby goes 10-0 for the second time under Rio. That’s even with the financial cloud. You should be concerned if you had to go to overtime with a team that just lost by 35. 

The kids don’t suck at all, I’ve said continuously that Crosby has the most talent in the district. These kids didn’t go through any adversity, they didn’t have their school shot up like Santa Fe. They weren’t flooded out of their homes like Vidor. If you’re calling 40 kids in a classroom, double stacked busses or not or kneel in the ball at the end of the game adversity then ok, but hiring a coach in May isn’t. 

With that being said I’ll ask you. Why did Crosby until about 2 weeks ago continuously kill themselves with pre-snap penalties? How do you show up for a district championship game and get destroyed by a mediocre team? With the best talent in the district, why are we playing a toss up game with basically and inner-city HISD school? Crosby fans used to think this was a bad thing, I guess now we’re supposed to be excited for finishing second in maybe worst district in the region. 

What district championship game?  What mediocre team?

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So just for a re-cap: Manvel goes TO Hall Stadium and beats FB Marshall who was ranked #2 at the time giving them the best win in the state. They beat 12-5A’s 4th place team by 35, they were only up 3 points entering the 4th quarter on the own district’s 4th place team. Yet, you somehow agree that Nederland looked good and Manvel looks vulnerable? Got it. 

“Good” and “vulnerable,” like all words, take meaning from the context around them. Thank you for providing more context. “Good” doesn’t mean “great,” “best,” or “won the game last night.” It means they made a stronger showing than I thought they would, and, at times, seemed to be in a position to keep up. Of course Nederland was outmatched. No one is doubting that. “Good” just means “not bad.” They played a tough game, took some hard hits, gave some hard hits, and for a few drives ran right through Manvel. 

As for “vulnerable,” I of course don’t mean that Manvel looked vulnerable to Nederland. As you read my comment, you know I was referring to Manvel’s vulnerability to other teams in the region. Manvel showed weaknesses last night that I think will bury them in these playoffs. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This an internal Crosby conversation bro. Not an open discussion.

Wwwwwoooooooowwwwww!!!!! What a week to be off the boards. I’m on my way to see Crosby vs willow game and I fall into GOLD✝️. Y’all made my week, better than the Richard Pryor eight track I had my senior year in 78. Man I’m old but ready to get back into the fire. As I said, Crosby peaking now, believe they’ll win by 14-21. I feel I need to have to buy a subscription for this entertainment. This is like a WWE free for all and 14.2 takes on all comers with signature moves that remind me of a happier time when everyone hated him and Crosby. Oh well keep up the debate men, I got until state then I’m off commenting until I retire again, probably 2038. Texas high school playoffs and smack talk——God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Oh hell, Earth Wind and Fire playing September on Pandora 70s funk. Time to get in the shower and dance.