Jasper 51 Hardin-Jefferson 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

38 minutes ago, LOKI said:

I would say they will not win state. 3rd round maybe. And HJ could use some basic fundamental drills. JS

Ik what u mean.often HJ didn't know where the ball was. But I can't put my hand on it. Jasper wasnt as dominant as I thought they would be though. 

Jasper has under performed all year. The team just doesn’t seem focused. What seems like the weakest district in the division has camouflaged our own weaknesses. There was a topic about disappointing teams a couple weeks ago. I would put this team on that list. I think Jasper loses next week. Prove me wrong Dawgs!

6 hours ago, JB94 said:

Jasper has under performed all year. The team just doesn’t seem focused. What seems like the weakest district in the division has camouflaged our own weaknesses. There was a topic about disappointing teams a couple weeks ago. I would put this team on that list. I think Jasper loses next week. Prove me wrong Dawgs!

So, you’re a drinking man, are you?

I think HJ played their hearts out left it all on the field.Its hurting Jasper not playing weather related games. Lost a good running back but next man up .Jasper better stop all those crazy penalties or they going to get beat early. Me myself think they get regrouped & play better this week.Jasper always has trouble With that style offense but Jasper offense was clicking on all cylinders. Maybe we can out score Bellville this week 

9 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It was 48-14 with 8 minutes left. I wouldn't read too much into the scoring in garbage time against backups. We're not where we need to be yet, though. Still too sloppy....

Ur right bulldog 92.i couldn't understand why coming out of the 2nd half why HJ would try an offside kick against this team.there were down 27 -6.its like he was waving the white flag.

3 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

HJ is probably the best 1-9 team in the state. They played a pretty tough non-district schedule and that district is very tough and they managed to make the playoffs. They are better than their record indicates. 

They play hard. I think they'll be a lot better than 1-9 next year. 

I have been out of the state for the past six months so I have not been keeping up this year with local high school sports.  So am I to understand that the amazing Slot-T under Coach DuB only won one game this year?  I was under the impression that under the direction of the HJ coach this offense was so good that it was unstoppable?  Or is it just that when he has great players that offense is so good?  

2 hours ago, LuvsHSSports said:

I have been out of the state for the past six months so I have not been keeping up this year with local high school sports.  So am I to understand that the amazing Slot-T under Coach DuB only won one game this year?  I was under the impression that under the direction of the HJ coach this offense was so good that it was unstoppable?  Or is it just that when he has great players that offense is so good?  

To run the Slot-T good, the kids have to 100% buy into it. It is a mentality. But when kids watch college or professional football they don't see any teams running it so it is hard to get kids bought into it. The problem with HJ was that their defense couldn't stop people from scoring and the Slot-T is not the offense you run if you need to come from behind or get into a score every possession battle. They scored quite a bit this year though. Most Slot-T teams don't score more than 30 points a game. You have to have a strong defense and run that clock when you do have the ball in order to be successful. At the end of the day, I don't like the Slot-T but that is my 2 cents on it.