Newton 52 New Diana 42/FINAL

WOSgrad

What happen was 5 turnovers , two T D'S called back, starting QB out, numerous penalties, our beast no.24, went out in the second quarter, our other starting end went out in the 3rd quarter. We failed on 4th and 1, two times deep in our opponents end of the field.    

But, we did overcome. The coaches are doing a good job, they teach the kids what to do, but it is up to them to get on the field and do it.     Next we will take on Troup, then probably Daingerfield or Pewitt then probably E. Bernard, then on to state against Canadian.

20 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

What happen was 5 turnovers , two T D'S called back, starting QB out, numerous penalties, our beast no.24, went out in the second quarter, our other starting end went out in the 3rd quarter. We failed on 4th and 1, two times deep in our opponents end of the field.    

But, we did overcome. The coaches are doing a good job, they teach the kids what to do, but it is up to them to get on the field and do it.     Next we will take on Troup, then probably Daingerfield or Pewitt then probably E. Bernard, then on to state against Canadian.

Newton is doing their best to stay on top. The talent is still there. But coaching style has changed. It’s obvious. New Diana  read those plays like they where calling them.  Coaches have to be able to recognize that and make adjustments. They are going back to that 2015 season. Neece is truly missed. TW has got to do better if they expect to repeat. 

4 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

It has nothing to do with the play calling. It is penalties, and turnovers. With 5 turnovers and numerous penalties, we still put up 52 points.  

You can believe that if you want to. Adjustments needed to be made.  Can’t get better if no one is willing to admit something is wrong. 

47 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Without your starting QB

Yes ,starting Quarterback was unable to play and #24 Sylvester got injured in 2nd quarter. They just played out of sink, definitely not like the first 4 games this year. Probably banged up a little also. Qb & #24 changes the dynamics of Newton or just my opinion.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, KB24 said:

Newton is doing their best to stay on top. The talent is still there. But coaching style has changed. It’s obvious. New Diana  read those plays like they where calling them.  Coaches have to be able to recognize that and make adjustments. They are going back to that 2015 season. Neece is truly missed. TW has got to do better if they expect to repeat. 

I would interested in knowing how you think the coaching style has changed? This is the same style offense Newton has ran since 1968. The same offense that Barbay taught to Jack Alvarez who taught it to Greg Neece. Westbrook the OC now played in this same system and learned it from Barbay coaching here as well. The style is still the same now what isn't the same this year that Neece had the pleasure of having was the 3 guys named Foster, Barlow, and Brown, as well as Noah Williams the year before. So those 4 guys can make any coach look really good. Say what you want but Newton doesn't have any of those guys on this years team not even close to that caliber. The offense is still clicking this year and scoring tons of points and putting up yardage. Just because you hear someone saying the same things over and over in the stands or on the radio doesn't mean they know what the play is. Just because you see someone pulling doesn't mean its the scat. Folks are getting ridiculous the problem with Friday was the fact that Newton  had 5 TO's and a couple suspect calls on some big plays that brought TDs back that they end up not scoring on. Newton is fine sit back shut up and enjoy watching these young men play. Get off the coaches back they are working hard day in and day out to put these young men in a position to be successful. No one goes to your job and tells you how terrible you are at flipping burgers or loading wood or driving a forklift so don't come to a game and yell at the coaches about how stupid they are or get on the internet and blast them behind a screen name. I will tell you like I told the last guy if you don't what is happening instead of hiding behind the keyboard go to the fieldhouse and voice your concerns with the coaches. If your not going to do that shut up and enjoy the fact that Newton has lost only 2 games over the past 4 seasons and appreciate what these kids and coaches are doing. 

2 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

I would interested in knowing how you think the coaching style has changed? This is the same style offense Newton has ran since 1968. The same offense that Barbay taught to Jack Alvarez who taught it to Greg Neece. Westbrook the OC now played in this same system and learned it from Barbay coaching here as well. The style is still the same now what isn't the same this year that Neece had the pleasure of having was the 3 guys named Foster, Barlow, and Brown, as well as Noah Williams the year before. So those 4 guys can make any coach look really good. Say what you want but Newton doesn't have any of those guys on this years team not even close to that caliber. The offense is still clicking this year and scoring tons of points and putting up yardage. Just because you hear someone saying the same things over and over in the stands or on the radio doesn't mean they know what the play is. Just because you see someone pulling doesn't mean its the scat. Folks are getting ridiculous the problem with Friday was the fact that Newton  had 5 TO's and a couple suspect calls on some big plays that brought TDs back that they end up not scoring on. Newton is fine sit back shut up and enjoy watching these young men play. Get off the coaches back they are working hard day in and day out to put these young men in a position to be successful. No one goes to your job and tells you how terrible you are at flipping burgers or loading wood or driving a forklift so don't come to a game and yell at the coaches about how stupid they are or get on the internet and blast them behind a screen name. I will tell you like I told the last guy if you don't what is happening instead of hiding behind the keyboard go to the fieldhouse and voice your concerns with the coaches. If your not going to do that shut up and enjoy the fact that Newton has lost only 2 games over the past 4 seasons and appreciate what these kids and coaches are doing. 

On the radio lol . Really 

Ok look Newton has 2 D1 commits , one being top 100 in nation , 2 maybe 3 others that will play d2 , and a sophomore RB that is D1 talent . Tell me what other team in all of 3a that has that kind of talent . So if they lose out early It’s the players?? It wouldn’t have nothing to do with using your talent to match your coaching scheme . 

2 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Ok look Newton has 2 D1 commits , one being top 100 in nation , 2 maybe 3 others that will play d2 , and a sophomore RB that is D1 talent . Tell me what other team in all of 3a that has that kind of talent . So if they lose out early It’s the players?? It wouldn’t have nothing to do with using your talent to match your coaching scheme . 

They have 2 DIV I defensive players who have to play offense they haven’t played a big part of the offense until this season because they are defensive players who are needed to fill a roll on offense because they don’t have any depth or elite offensive players beside the sophomore RB. They have a couple good HS football players other than that. There is no Foster, Brown, or Barlow out there even if you want to think their is. I didn’t realize the OC makes the the QB throw those INT or makes the RB fumble the ball or makes the receivers drop balls you know that’s a system issue right.? 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, KB24 said:

Oh and one more thing if New Diana coaches knew the plays so well like they were calling them how did Newton end up with 501 total yards? Or for that matter if the plays are known by everyone how is newton able to average over 460 yards per game total offense? If the plays are so easily read or know wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t be averaging 50 plus a game and averaging 460 plus a game in yardage? Asking for a friend.

20 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

Oh and one more thing if New Diana coaches knew the plays so well like they were calling them how did Newton end up with 501 total yards? Or for that matter if the plays are known by everyone how is newton able to average over 460 yards per game total offense? If the plays are so easily read or know wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t be averaging 50 plus a game and averaging 460 plus a game in yardage? Asking for a friend.

Looks to me that the offense isn't the issue if you score 52 points.

19 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looks to me that the offense isn't the issue if you score 52 points.

Just had a bad couple weeks with some TO and penalties that have kept some games closer than should be. Folks in Newton just need something to grip about because they are all smarter than the people on the field. I sit in the stands every week and listen to the scream and yell because you know they want people around them to think they know what they are talking about instead the people around them are getting fed up with the nonsense and think they are making fools of themselves and they sound ignorant. 

Gilmer boy here, I saw the score and had to come see what happened. Our boys knew every play Newton was running before yall ran it. The OC over there is telegraphing every play. Looks like we aren't the only ones to figure it out. Yall should of dominated Hemphill, anderson-shiro, and New Diana but they are seeing whats come before it happens just like our boys did.

8 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Just had a bad couple weeks with some TO and penalties that have kept some games closer than should be. Folks in Newton just need something to grip about because they are all smarter than the people on the field. I sit in the stands every week and listen to the scream and yell because you know they want people around them to think they know what they are talking about instead the people around them are getting fed up with the nonsense and think they are making fools of themselves and they sound ignorant. 

It's tough being in that coaching position.  Like so many others. You get held accountable, just like that person at McDonald's, people throw coffee at you when you put thrre creams inatead of two. We do pick our jobs. If we can't handle the pressure probably should change jobs. And really I'm not trying to beat you up here. I'm just telling you like it is, not the way you want it to be. I guess if you coach at Warren or Kountze you probably wouldn't have to much to worry about. I mean probably half the coaches in Texas scream at the TV when the cowboys play. Because you coach High School football does that mean you know as much as Bill Belichick. Everyone has and opinion and they voice it. Gotta have thick skin and continue to do the best you can.  We aren't going to stop voicing our opinion.  Well I guess they could shut this site down. That might help you

On 11/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, NewtonNation said:

Here are some stats for those who don't like the coaching staff:

Lidney Thompson's 1st year: 6-4 (didn't make the playoffs) 

Curtis Barbary's 1st year: 5-4-1 (didn't make the playoffs) 

WT Johnston's 1st year: 9-3 (Out in 2nd round)

Probably should have gotten rid of all of those coaches after the first season. Who knows what kind of program Newton could have.....

Maybe you supposedly "Newton fans" "Born and raised" should study the word support. You don't support until things aren't perfect then want their head. Pump your brakes, we're still playing. 

I dont think anyone is questioning the head coach!

On 11/18/2019 at 3:01 PM, EaglesFootball said:

In defense mode I see. No one said they were not doing their job. I guess I hit a nerve. Lol. 

On 11/18/2019 at 11:45 PM, Northtexasfootball.com said:

Gilmer boy here, I saw the score and had to come see what happened. Our boys knew every play Newton was running before yall ran it. The OC over there is telegraphing every play. Looks like we aren't the only ones to figure it out. Yall should of dominated Hemphill, anderson-shiro, and New Diana but they are seeing whats come before it happens just like our boys did.

Newton scored 52 points and you say they are seeing what’s coming before it happens.. now, that may be true against Gilmer, but not last week.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:33 AM, purpleeagle said:

Voicing your opinion is not OK when you call out  an individual on a public site.  

Voicing your opinion is ok. Tough criticism is haRd to accept. No one is taking from Newton I am a newton alum and you will find no bigger fan. Sometimes other can see what you don’t. A coach/player will always see what was done wrong and what could be done differently and no one has to get upset about. Live and learn is my motto.