Newton 52 New Diana 42/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, bd04 said:

Kudos to ND and not trying to take from their effort but this is a first rd playoff game that Newton is supposed to own the opponent and your letting them out 35  you??? Wow!! 

I'm from Newton and I agree. Not blaming the players. I believe you should hold adults accountable. I still say Newton has the best athletes in the state. 3AD2

Just now, Amphibious Rodent said:

I'm from Newton and I agree. Not blaming the players. I believe you should hold adults accountable. I still say Newton has the best athletes in the state. 3AD2

Me too man. I Don’t live their anymore but I was born and raised there and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a first round game where our D gave up points like this

2 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

You sure do talk a lot of crap. You should go to the fieldhouse and voice your concerns to the coaches and see how that conversation turns out. Those guys are working their tails off 7 days a week trying to get these kids prepared to play and instead of commending them for what they are doing you continue to bash them. Sometimes you have to blame the players too. Coaches aren’t out there making them throw 3 picks or fumbling the ball. Kids are playing hard trying to make plays and they get a penalty it happens. Get over it move on and get ready for the next one. 

Here are some stats for those who don't like the coaching staff:

Lidney Thompson's 1st year: 6-4 (didn't make the playoffs) 

Curtis Barbary's 1st year: 5-4-1 (didn't make the playoffs) 

WT Johnston's 1st year: 9-3 (Out in 2nd round)

Probably should have gotten rid of all of those coaches after the first season. Who knows what kind of program Newton could have.....

Maybe you supposedly "Newton fans" "Born and raised" should study the word support. You don't support until things aren't perfect then want their head. Pump your brakes, we're still playing. 

7 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Here are some stats for those who don't like the coaching staff:

Lidney Thompson's 1st year: 6-4 (didn't make the playoffs) 

Curtis Barbary's 1st year: 5-4-1 (didn't make the playoffs) 

WT Johnston's 1st year: 9-3 (Out in 2nd round)

Probably should have gotten rid of all of those coaches after the first season. Who knows what kind of program Newton could have.....

Maybe you supposedly "Newton fans" "Born and raised" should study the word support. You don't support until things aren't perfect then want their head. Pump your brakes, we're still playing. 

This^

your QB is out.  Others key starters played limited.  This not only changes your play book and how you coach but your players mentality.  This is hard to deal with and it throws everything out of sync.  It starts showing on the field and this makes it even harder to mentally stay in the game mindset.  

This is normally how and when huge upsets happen.  It didnt.  They found a way to stay ahead and finish it.  Alot of school are sent home in this scenario.  Be proud of the program, coaches and kids.  

Get the pieces back together and open the playbook back up and Eagles will be fine again.