Mart 81 West Hardin 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Why? Lol I hate this mentality. Even if they put their worst players in they more than likely score. What do you want them to? Kneel every play to run clock? That’s more embarrassing.

^^^This. 

This mentality is why we are raising a bunch of puddins. Let them catch a butt whippin and learn from it. High School sports is ultimately about becoming a man. And sometimes in life the issues your facing don't just kneel and let the clock run out. 

This is a great example of the fallacy allowing teams such as West Hardin in the playoffs in the current "every kid gets a trophy" playoff structure. They are not playoff caliber and then when they are run off the field, they cry about the "true" playoff caliber team running up the score. It is likely that the Mart 8th grade team would have hung 40 on WH.  

West Hardin is only 22 guys away from having a great program.  No, not 22 of your own.  22 guys from various places, such as Mart, Grapeland, Lovelady, Evadale, etc.  22 of your own will never compete against any of those other places 22.  

16 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Sorry for my last reply, forgot it’s 2019 and we have to cater to the players feelings and make sure everyone gets a trophy 😂

Has nothing to do with players feelings. It’s about class. WOS could have scored 100 on Huntington last night and only put up 56. It proves nothing putting up 81.

2 hours ago, bd04 said:

Has nothing to do with players feelings. It’s about class. WOS could have scored 100 on Huntington last night and only put up 56. It proves nothing putting up 81.

Like someone else said. Marts 8th grade team would’ve put up 40 no problem. WH hasn’t had football players in a long time. A long long time. We turned the youth into pacified, entitled kids. I’d much rather take my butt kicking than play against their worst players and them run the clock out. Which even then they scored.

3 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Like someone else said. Marts 8th grade team would’ve put up 40 no problem. WH hasn’t had football players in a long time. A long long time. We turned the youth into pacified, entitled kids. I’d much rather take my butt kicking than play against their worst players and them run the clock out. Which even then they scored.

Preach!

5 hours ago, jv_coach said:

It’s easy to say you got hurt and lost then to keep playing hard, sometimes. Hopefully this ain’t one of those times.

I’m not saying WH would’ve won this game, I’m saying going into it with two starting lineman out, then you lose another starting lineman/LB and your QB you never recover when you carry 24 on the roster which the 11 starters go both ways. WH didn’t have an answer to marts running game and Mart was struggling with WH passing game. It was a 4 point game until the second when we lost those two kids. People can say what they want about WH. The fact is there has been some really good athletes come through the school. 

A team like Mart putting 81 on a team like WH is trashy period. Especially when it’s 55-14 before half wh has the ball just trying to keep a drive alive to run the clock out (running qb sneak every play with a back up qb) and Marts coaches using all their timeouts so they can get the ball back and put one more in before half “very classy right”... ok so mayb just put one more in and make it 62-14 at half and come out playing just the 2s the second half but nooopppeee 1st teams still playing in the 3rd that’s when it becomes trashy, I’m all for a team rolling in to post season making a statement but that’s a little unnecessary that would be like west Hardin rolling in doing that to Sabine pass.. and yes if the 2s would have been in after the half and been scoring it would have been different but they weren’t. Also about evadale, Lovelady, and grapeland, let any of them play Mart that would be the end of them also, hell HD, shelbyville, groveton, West Sabine ain’t none of them gonna give Mart a game either but the hype about evadale they ain’t nothing but a wh with 1-2 extra athletes so to put them with grapeland and LL don’t make any sense I hoped they were gonna play with Dawson last night like everyone thought but really I knew the wouldn’t  they got lucky last year in the PO’s catching teams like frost if not they a one and done too. I just can’t seem to understand how it’s the same 3-4 people on here always talking down on Wh , that is the weakest district in SETX football and that’s who y’all choose to talk down on every week and when there playing teams like Mart that nobody in that district or even the district with hd , WS, groveton etc. could play with besides mayb SA I mean really y’all act just as trashy as Mart played the other night especially you honest Oiler if your really from that area acting towards them the way you do you must have played on one of the teams that barely won a game and was getting picked on by these guys on here. But with that said I will say that was supposed to be a better WH team that they’ll get every 6-7 years or so but seemed like the new coaching staff coming in killed that so y’all will get another good chunk of years to pick on the poor kids of WH! Thankfully  it’s just them I’m surprised y’all don’t dog, dis and put down colmesniel and burkeville 

I see 2-3 that support/take up for their team as everyone on this forum does I very rarely see anyone from that area talking mess or have were great attitude cause it seems most people over there know the fact they are a weak team in a weak district but I’m not saying I don’t miss a lot on here cause I don’t just follow wh every weak al I was getting at there’s game that yea there’s trash talking between teams and turns in to bashing wh and hey that all good but not when it comes down to them playing someone like Mart and everyone sees and opportunity to jump on little on wh when like I said that’s like doing that to Sabine pass burkeville cols. I mean there’s no point in it. As far as honest Oiler if they win he’s quite if they lose he’s on her bashing 

2 hours ago, SETX32 said:

A team like Mart putting 81 on a team like WH is trashy period. Especially when it’s 55-14 before half wh has the ball just trying to keep a drive alive to run the clock out (running qb sneak every play with a back up qb) and Marts coaches using all their timeouts so they can get the ball back and put one more in before half “very classy right”... ok so mayb just put one more in and make it 62-14 at half and come out playing just the 2s the second half but nooopppeee 1st teams still playing in the 3rd that’s when it becomes trashy, I’m all for a team rolling in to post season making a statement but that’s a little unnecessary that would be like west Hardin rolling in doing that to Sabine pass.. and yes if the 2s would have been in after the half and been scoring it would have been different but they weren’t. Also about evadale, Lovelady, and grapeland, let any of them play Mart that would be the end of them also, hell HD, shelbyville, groveton, West Sabine ain’t none of them gonna give Mart a game either but the hype about evadale they ain’t nothing but a wh with 1-2 extra athletes so to put them with grapeland and LL don’t make any sense I hoped they were gonna play with Dawson last night like everyone thought but really I knew the wouldn’t  they got lucky last year in the PO’s catching teams like frost if not they a one and done too. I just can’t seem to understand how it’s the same 3-4 people on here always talking down on Wh , that is the weakest district in SETX football and that’s who y’all choose to talk down on every week and when there playing teams like Mart that nobody in that district or even the district with hd , WS, groveton etc. could play with besides mayb SA I mean really y’all act just as trashy as Mart played the other night especially you honest Oiler if your really from that area acting towards them the way you do you must have played on one of the teams that barely won a game and was getting picked on by these guys on here. But with that said I will say that was supposed to be a better WH team that they’ll get every 6-7 years or so but seemed like the new coaching staff coming in killed that so y’all will get another good chunk of years to pick on the poor kids of WH! Thankfully  it’s just them I’m surprised y’all don’t dog, dis and put down colmesniel and burkeville 

I really hope I’m included in the “same 3-4 people” that you’re referring to.  It would truly be flattering.  Not that it matters, but I’ll offer a reasonable explanation.  Nobody talks down on anyone.. that doesn’t over exaggerate the predicted talent of the team they root for.  Like some WH posters did.  Do that and you’re gonna get attacked..every time.  ALSO.. people who blame coaches for their team’s lack of talent (like you just did)... will also get attacked. Maybe you don’t read many of my posts outside of anything WH related, but I don’t discriminate against delusional fans or coach bashers of ANY school.  You honestly think the coaching staff would’ve mattered against Evadale, Grapeland, Lovelady, or Mart?  No offense but you guys just brought a knife to a gun fight.  They all just have better horses in the stable.  Setting yourself up. 

5 hours ago, NetCat said:

Look we all know injuries take a toll, especially in small schools. But Mart is a different caliber of team...

Totally agree. They’re not the team we played last year but still very good. They executed extremely well. The team they had last year had some hammers on it. 

As far as mart playing trashy, I would have to agree. After WH is down their QB, center and another lineman, WH is basically just trying to survive the rest of the game. We had a receiver and RB filling the QB roll, just running as much time off the clock as possible before snapping the ball and mart coaches calling time outs. Nothing against the kids but mart coaches are nothing short of dicks!

6 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Mart will be a tough draw for anyone, including some higher classification teams. WH played as best as they could with what they had. Hit the weight room and track and line em up again next season. 

Yep. On to 🏀 season. Let’s see if I can go ahead and get something started. Early prediction, WH goes undefeated in district 🏀