Houston Chronicle article on highest paid coaches in Houston area

Steven Avery

14 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

That’s one more than Crosby....priceless 😆

Crosby has had several district championships over the last several years.  Bragging about how much you have paid a coach over the last four years to get 1 district championship is snobbish. Y’all have paid over $600k for that by the way, not including the indoor practice facility, etc.  If BH doesn’t continue to back it up, it will be like “putting lipstick on a pig”. Congrats. 

Just now, CCRed said:

Crosby has had several district championships over the last several years.  Bragging about how much you have paid a coach over the last four years to get 1 district championship is snobbish. Y’all have paid over $600k for that by the way, not including the indoor practice facility, etc.  If BH doesn’t continue to back it up, it will be like “putting lipstick on a pig”. Congrats. 

She Mad 

18 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Barbers hill shouldn’t be close to North Shore or Katy. Let’s be honest.

We will never have the talent of those 2 schools, but it shows that BH is all in when looking for a head coach. Ya know if you have the resources and the support from the community why not? I see it like this if I budget and handle my business and can afford a Lamborghini  why buy a Ford Focus 😂

4 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

We will never have the talent of those 2 schools, but it shows that BH is all in when looking for a head coach. Ya know if you have the resources and the support from the community why not? I see it like this if I budget and handle my business and can afford a Lamborghini  why buy a Ford Focus 😂

That’s one way to look at it. Or you could see it like this:  why put a high dollar paint job on a car that won’t run ?  Just jackin with ya. 😜

16 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Touché 

11 hours ago, CCRed said:

BH will get there (where is there...IDK), but Coach Westerburg has proven that he can take a growing community and make it great.  Let's be honest if you're a family living on the East side of Houston, why would you not want to send your kids to Barber's Hill schools.  Coach Westerburg will make that place as attractive as it can be from an athletic standpoint, and the snowball will roll!

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Because you can 👍

This is the best answer.  It's their money.  I don't understand why anybody would care how they spend it.

My opinion has changed on this very little since BH hired Westerberg.  He didn't get hired because he is a great guy and a wonderful mentor to young athletes.  He got hired to win.  So far he hasn't earned his check yet.  But....

This is the year I think they are starting to get some return on that investment.  My question is, and I don't have an answer, how much rope will he get at $154K if he stacks up a couple tough seasons after this one?

He had some less than impressive seasons in the beginning but its "part of the process"...."programs take time to turn around"...all those comments.  

Now, ranked #10 in the state in their division, this is where they should be....at the moment.

BH should be improving beyond the 1st and 2nd round in the next few years to justify that pay.

But, like I said at first, it's their money.  Fun to talk about is all.