Has Vidor ever produced a D1 player?

wbfan

58 minutes ago, wbfan said:

I have never seen a player of theirs have stars on 247, Rivals or ESPN. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Even Bridge City put a kid into New Mexico many years ago.

If my memory serves me correct.  Montana quirante (spelling). I think he had a d1 offer from Baylor. Several years back but he went into missionary work instead.

please correct me if I’m wrong

5 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

If my memory serves me correct.  Montana quirante (spelling). I think he had a d1 offer from Baylor. Several years back but he went into missionary work instead.

please correct me if I’m wrong

Montana quirante went on a two-year mission for his church. However, a lot of guys do that and if they are recruitable they still go on and play ball in college. I read at least one article where he expressed an intention to walk on at BYU after his mission, but nothing apparently came of that. I’m sure he could have gone to some smaller program like Middle Tennessee or something like that, but if you say flat out at the beginning of the recruiting process that you only want to go to one school, it’s hard to get looks. I don’t think he was a true big-school prospect. It’s not like coaches don’t know where to find you if you’re good. Caveat: I’m not an insider, I’m just remembering what I read back when he was playing. 

1 minute ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Montana quirante went on a two-year mission for his church. However, a lot of guys do that and if they are recruitable they still go on and play ball in college. I read at least one article where he expressed an intention to walk on at BYU after his mission, but nothing apparently came of that. I’m sure he could have gone to some smaller program like Middle Tennessee or something like that, but if you say flat out at the beginning of the recruiting process that you only want to go to one school, it’s hard to get looks. I don’t think he was a true big-school prospect. It’s not like coaches don’t know where to find you if you’re good. Caveat: I’m not an insider, I’m just remembering what I read back when he was playing. 

Gotcha.  K.  

9 hours ago, wbfan said:

I have never seen a player of theirs have stars on 247, Rivals or ESPN. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Even Bridge City put a kid into New Mexico many years ago.

There was a QB who went to Arkansas, in the 2000s, what was his name... He was fast real fast but not a very good QB, recruited as a DB I think. Then there was the dentist who was apparently a bad ass in the 80’s, before my time but he did work on my teeth and told me all about it. He had an offer from LSU but blew a knee out his Senior year and still took a scholarship to McNeese.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

There was a QB who went to Arkansas, in the 2000s, what was his name... He was fast real fast but not a very good QB, recruited as a DB I think. Then there was the dentist who was apparently a bad ass in the 80’s, before my time but he did work on my teeth and told me all about it. He had an offer from LSU but blew a knee out his Senior year and still took a scholarship to McNeese.

Rick Culbert CO 04 - Arkansas Safety, elite speed

Tim Hagler CO 83 (I think) LSU/McNeese, all around bad ass