Jasper vs. WOS Possible Matchup

lumberjack2020

52 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Run defense is better than the pass defense for sure. O line isn’t small but isn’t big either. Things would have to go really well for us to beat Jasper . 

Jasper dline isn’t to big in the trenches and got pushed around by Dibol. If belville control the line of scrimmage on defense they got a shot. Jasper runs runs runs and throws it down field to #5. Jasper secondary was the best I’ve seen in the area.

4 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Funny how this was started by someone outside of the rivalry. There's a lot of playoff football to be played between now and this possible game. Both teams should be focused on this weeks game. This topic should be locked...

Aww come on this is a good speculation topic...as long as it stays civil 

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Funny how this was started by someone outside of the rivalry. There's a lot of playoff football to be played between now and this possible game. Both teams should be focused on this weeks game. This topic should be locked...

If you don't like the topic don't comment on it!

What's good for Jasper leading into the Bellville game is they have H-J this week that is also Slot-T so they get to see the same offense 2 weeks in a row. What's bad for Jasper is that Bellville will get the film of the game to see how Jasper is going to line up defensively against the Slot-T and that will give Bellville an advantage in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

What's good for Jasper leading into the Bellville game is they have H-J this week that is also Slot-T so they get to see the same offense 2 weeks in a row. What's bad for Jasper is that Bellville will get the film of the game to see how Jasper is going to line up defensively against the Slot-T and that will give Bellville an advantage in my opinion.

That's not really much of an advantage though. T teams know there's going to be 8 in the box every week. Most people run 7 Diamond against it. It would be stupid to do otherwise 

2 minutes ago, NetCat said:

That's not really much of an advantage though. T teams know there's going to be 8 in the box every week. Most people run 7 Diamond against it. It would be stupid to do otherwise 

But there is a big difference on what plays you call based on what front the defense gives you. There is a bunch of different ways you can put 8 guys in the box. 

13 minutes ago, NetCat said:

8 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

But there is a big difference on what plays you call based on what front the defense gives you. There is a bunch of different ways you can put 8 guys in the box. 

There is a difference, don't get me wrong, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't run the Diamond...didn't Curtis basically invent the thing? 

21 minutes ago, SherriffReesie said:

Hey we will take all the help we can get! Lol

I believe Jasper's weakness is their defensive front. They are very small. A big, athletic offensive line leading a power run game would give Jasper lot's of problems (aka Diboll). Jasper's secondary is as good as anyone's so IMO you run it down their throats as long as you can.

I think Bellville could possibly be that team.