Barbers Hill 42 Houston Sterling 0/FINAL

BHFAN

Im not salty about BH winning congrats to them! At this point if we would of won or lost the playoff spot would of been the same. Would you let someone bash your team?? Of course not. BH made some good plays we took it on the chin. Crosby made good plays yellow trash all on the field. That kills moral any sports fan knows that, coaches, refs, players... Momentum is what games are built on. Bama vs lsu... Momentum almost brought BAMA back. Play a consistent fair game. Im not saying BH was or wasn't. Great game to BH!

45 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Guru let it go man😃 you got beat by BH! Not only Varsity, but by all squads!  We will   see you next year and hopefully it will be sunny, no wind, nice Refs, BH turns the ball over a lot and you coach come prepared👍

Sterling by a Dagger in the final seconds, whole game looks like BH will win, then they make one huge error and Sterling wins. 

You see what you made me do BHFAN! Do you see!

Just now, Cougtalk said:

Sterling by a Dagger in the final seconds, whole game looks like BH will win, then they make one huge error and Sterling wins. 

You see what you made me do BHFAN! Do you see!

LOL, We already have all the Refs paid off! We told them to call the game like they did against Crosby to insure a win😂.

Still rooting for Crosby don’t care how crazy y’all are👍

14 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Ok just want to make sure I got your logic right. Houston Sterling will score 4 more TD’s against BH than Crosby did, man y’all don’t have a chance against Willowridge then. Oh and I believe that was the 3 rd game your QB played when playing BH (or that is what I was told). Also i’m not sure but unless the wind died when BH had the ball I believe we played in the same conditions Crosby did. Oh but I forgot the Refs were really mean to y’all that game, so pretty much we can’t count that game. Goodluck with Willowridge they look to beat y’all by 50 if I have done the math right😂

My post was just to show you how much it doesn't make sense to try to use the transitive property to predict games, especially ones from 3 months ago. You have no idea of game conditions, injury situations, position changes, etc., that led to the outcome. Since I'm sure you don't know this I'll give yo you some BH history. Last time BH won the district was 2011 when they also finished 9-1 and played the 4th seed in bi-district just like they get now. They averaged about 40ppg that year in district play and had three 600+ yard rushers I believe. They also had the best statistical defense in the district. Ozen put 40 on them and sent BH home in the first round because BH didn't matchup well with them even though they had already beaten Nederland, who finished 7-0 in district play, earlier that year. I didn't think we had a chance to win hardly any games this year so saying we don't have a chance against Willowridge is far from a slight in my view. I'm sure Willowridge has looked at Crosby's district and our schedule scores and thinks the exact same thing.  

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

My post was just to show you how much it doesn't make sense to try to use the transitive property to predict games, especially ones from 3 months ago. You have no idea of game conditions, injury situations, position changes, etc., that led to the outcome. Since I'm sure you don't know this I'll give yo you some BH history. Last time BH won the district was 2011 when they also finished 9-1 and played the 4th seed in bi-district just like they get now. They averaged about 40ppg that year in district play and had three 600+ yard rushers I believe. They also had the best statistical defense in the district. Ozen put 40 on them and sent BH home in the first round because BH didn't matchup well with them even though they had already beaten Nederland, who finished 7-0 in district play, earlier that year. I didn't think we had a chance to win hardly any games this year so saying we don't have a chance against Willowridge is far from a slight in my view. I'm sure Willowridge has looked at Crosby's district and our schedule scores and thinks the exact same thing.  

I gotcha, but you do the same thing😃 you don’t want me to compare a game from 3 months ago then in the same breath bring up a 2011 BH team as it is relevant to Friday’s contest. The beauty of all of this is Saturday one of us will be close in our assessment while the other isn’t. People have different ways to evaluate what they think is going to happen in a game. Both of our assessments are clouded because you underestimate  BH and I  overestimate them😃 seeya  Saturday oh and I think the Coogs will win by 14 IMO.  

On 11/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Magnolia scored 35, Kingwood Park scored 35 and PNG just scored 35. That’s pretty much a 1/3 of your games where you gave up 35 points on a weak schedule. I believe that was Branch’s first game even playing and Dunn played a good portion of the game at qb, he looks completely different now after a few games. BH’s defense was greatly helped by the wind that night too, to the point Crosby didn’t even punt past the sticks one time in the first quarter plus an awful interception. 

Crosby’s defense held PNG to 7 while BH gave up 35. If I do what you did with Crosby and Manvel I can also say BH’s defense isn’t good because PNG only scored 30+ points four times all year. 4A Silsbee, a bad Lee defense, a worse Dayton defense and BH. You’re still judging the way you played off a Crosby team that isn’t very good. There’s a reason BH hasn’t ever won a playoff game in 5A, reality rolls around in November. 

We did one about 5 years ago, something like that. We beat Livingston first round and lost to Manor 2nd round.😉

On 11/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, GURU said:

It was a lot of factors that led to a BH win against the COOG'S. The refs played a factor, wind, fear, and coaching. 3 turnovers in the redzone 20 yd line or less in the 1st qt. BH was shutout after that check the scores per qt. Bh never marched the ball down the field. Everytime Crosby did it was flags all over the ground. Thats the best BH could do on a team that did NOT have a Spring nor Offseason Im greatful for BH win! Because it opened up a can of worms. Alot of changes finally occured after that loss. The same Crosby team that beat PNG BH allowed them 30+ points. Crosby scored 59 points on Baytown Lee with the improvements! 

But BH beat Crosby last year also? Oh that was because the district went broke though. Alot of excuses my man.

Ok back to business! Friday is taking it’s sweet arse time getting here. I’m hoping for BH to come out and take care of business! Thanks to the UIL they put that # 10 bullseye on our back, teams will be playing just that much harder to kick our butts. Region 3 is a beast with a bunch of talent play every game like its your last!